Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Streeter on the rise of Trevor Lawrence: "When I think he can't, he really can."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

TNET: Streeter on the rise of Trevor Lawrence: "When I think he can't, he really can."

Feb 12, 2019, 8:01 AM

Streeter on the rise of Trevor Lawrence: "When I think he can't, he really can."

Quarterbacks coach Brandon Streeter isn't surprised by what he sees out of quarterback Trevor Lawrence, especially after a dominating postseason that saw throw after incredible throw. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Streeter on the rise of Trevor Lawrence: "When I think he can't, he really can."

Feb 12, 2019, 8:11 AM

:) :) :) :) :)

Re: TNET: Streeter on the rise of Trevor Lawrence: "When I think he can't, he really can."

Feb 12, 2019, 8:11 AM

I was sitting in the endzone of the GT game when he made that throw. He rolled out to his left and threw it across his body. I had to pick my jaw up, but that was a great throw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 8:52 PM

Don't make the mistake of thinking this kid isn't very competitive in a quiet way. That throw, more than any other, made him the starter.

Watching player interviews this spring, sometimes you could watch QB drills in the background. Everything KB did, Trevor did right behind him, just as well or better. Holly Rowe pointed out that Trevor was careful to never step in front of KB, but his entire demeanor was that of someone who knew he could be the leader if given the chance.

Don Munson's voice cracked when he called that TD, and Rodney Williams had to fill in--laughingly--until Munson could get it back together. RW was laughing because he gets to watch this kid frequently and had been telling us all along how good he is.

And if you get a chance to rewatch it, look at how Trevor HAS to zip it past the DB around the 10 and get the ball to Hunter before he runs out of end zone. Awfully glad he made that play. That was Renfrow's only TD of the year.

I'v not seen a freshman lock, load and fire that quickly.

Feb 12, 2019, 8:33 AM

The dump to Renfro after the offside flag on Bama is an example of how fast that kid shoots under pressure. I'll also note that after Trevor stood in under pressure and delivered a quick throw Herbie said 'He got leveled.'

Fact is the boy flipped a completed pass for a first down on a third and long while leaning out of the way of the defender. Trevor took two long steps [I mean, dammm. He traveled 10 feet toward the back and side in two steps from the throwing motion] and never left his feet. He was barely out of balance. No hit was landed just kinda of a push.

I mean, you know he's good before the game starts and every time he surprises you making you feel like you treated the kid unfairly by thinking he was 'good.' Frustration, can you imagine trying to coach this kid? I'd be like 'What's up for today, Dog?'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'v not seen a freshman lock, load and fire that quickly.

Feb 12, 2019, 12:34 PM

I thought that was pretty gutsy

Feb 12, 2019, 8:45 AM

One of TL's worst statistical games was against Louisville. Clemson scored 77 points in that game. TL's stats were bad because we had 492 yards rushing and 13.3 YPC.

Not only does TL have a great arm, but he has learned to trust Travis Etienne and the other RBs to do their job. Great, unselfish team player.

Feb 12, 2019, 10:06 AM

Where I saw the most improvement in Trevor during the year and it became obvious starting with USuC was his ability on the read option. He sees everything going on and rarely makes the wrong decision with the ball. that's why we had one of the best yards per carry in the nation last year. It think Oklahoma was the only team that was better per carry in the country. They had 6.57 YPC where we had 6.55 YPC. We also had the most rushing TD's in the nation. That shows that Trevor is making better decision on when to hand the ball off and when to pass it. His second year should even be better as has will be getting most 1st string snaps from day one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Streeter on the rise of Trevor Lawrence: "When I think he can't, he really can." ]

That is bc Trevor is a TEAM player, and at no time since he has taken over as our starting QB have I ever seen him try and take over the game and do everything by himself. He doesn't do that bc above anything that he knows he can do with his arm, he knows without his team support, what ever it is that he's great at, is fruitless without the team doing their part. A QB is the #1 leader on any offense, and Trevor fully understands that putting a team on his back won't work unless they are willing to get on and ride with him, and that shows that his brain power is his strongest asset along with using his God given talent that he has worked on since he was a small kid at becoming a great QB and becoming successful at helping his team. Trevor isn't a one man show, and he doesn't try to be, he just tries to be the best QB that he can be for what ever TEAM he plays on!!! And Steeter is right, he is never surprised at what Trevor does, but he is WOWED when he proves what he can do!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Streeter on the rise of Trevor Lawrence: "When I think he can't, he really can." ]

Chase Brice outgained Trevor through the air in that game.

That's a selfless starter.

but Trevor is the prettiest?

Feb 12, 2019, 8:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Agree. Streeter said he digs the long hair.

Feb 12, 2019, 9:09 AM

Another insightful, well-edited article on TNET.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: but Trevor is the prettiest?

Feb 12, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to but Trevor is the prettiest? ]

I'm not saying I wouldn't trade looks with him, especially in the hair department, but I've seen prettier.

Re: but Trevor is the prettiest?

Feb 12, 2019, 12:35 PM

Honestly, I have never seen a pretty man unless they were dressed in drag, and I'll admit that some handsome men can make themselves look pretty dressed and made up like a woman....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 9:06 AM

Just think, in the words of Dabo...The Best Is Yet to Come!

Feb 12, 2019, 9:16 AM

I'm still laughing from the Youtube video with the Alabama fan insisting that anyone that watched the national championship game would know that Tua Tagovailoa is the much better QB.

Feb 12, 2019, 9:21 AM

Do you have the link to that?!

Feb 12, 2019, 1:42 PM

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIfVqAkS1M0&lc=z22ztfy4lpvvwntq004t1aokgzpa2kbjjmmvcnnb3lh2rk0h00410.1549905880752308&feature=em-comments

Feb 12, 2019, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Streeter on the rise of Trevor Lawrence: "When I think he can't, he really can." ]

And that is why Trevor's talents made Tua to look to be mediocre at best!!! Some fans are very easily fooled when their team and players play inferior talent. But when they are met with equal or better talent, then they start making up excuse and lying to them selves and who ever will listen, bc they to want to believe in what they are saying!!! That Bama fan base can't handle the truth!!!

Feb 12, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Streeter on the rise of Trevor Lawrence: "When I think he can't, he really can." ]

He did tell us that, and Better already has arrived, and I do believe there is even better in our near and distant future. This is a great time to be a Tiger fan, for sure!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 9:28 AM

All the earmarks of TLS QB incredible abilitis were there game 1 last year. Yeah, experience does give the coaches confidence, but TL was ready to start at the beginning imo. We won out and ended punt highest possibe note, a National Championship romp of the vaunted Tide. Our coache have been saying since he joined the team he could make all the throws and when he does they emark amazement. Go figure. Imo, his height gives him two distinct advantages: see the field better and the release is higher so he can make throws no one else could make to a tightly covered receiver. He definately has the wow factor.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 12:50 PM

And his best quality is that he don't let his special talents go to his head bc he has been doing the same thing for a long time, it's natural to him, and he doesn't see what he does as being anything special!!!!

Feb 12, 2019, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Streeter on the rise of Trevor Lawrence: "When I think he can't, he really can." ]

I retired and came back home in 2015 but my son and daughter still live in the Chicago area. My son and I text each other during the Tiger games when he doesn't come down for a game. I can't count how many times, we texted "did you see that" after a TL pass. The kid is amazing with some of his throws.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but Kelly B went 12-2 and made it to the CFP

Feb 12, 2019, 1:11 PM

so he shoulda been the starter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua's Stats Weren't That Great.....

Feb 12, 2019, 5:13 PM

against top 30 defenses .

https://www.12up.com/posts/6267231-tua-tagovailoa-is-actually-really-bad-against-top-defenses

Feb 12, 2019, 7:45 PM

Trevor realizes that there is talent all over the field on both sides of the ball. He doesn't have to do it all. His throwing skills are great, but his skill at reading the option and making the right decision is very impressive, too. He is special and could get even better.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic