Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nice of GT add a hill for our Tigers to run down 9/3!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 410

Nice of GT add a hill for our Tigers to run down 9/3!

Jul 8, 2020, 12:45 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Hill-Watch58-days-27463359#27463359

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I the only one who just doesn't see it happening this

Jul 8, 2020, 12:59 PM

year? And the ripple effect will be huge. I'd think they'd have to cut other sports if they lost a seasons worth of football revenue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have 0 confidence in football being played.

Jul 8, 2020, 1:07 PM

If MLB can get get started then I'll have more confidence.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think MLB and the NBA will bear out the prudence of

Jul 8, 2020, 1:11 PM

playing. They're both doing it in isolation and if that doesn't work, I don't see football being able to get over the hurdle either. Personally, I don't have much confidence in the 2020 college football season either, but I think how those two leagues fare this summer will go a long way to giving us a clearer picture.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If stars start missing games cause the Rona, it's over

Jul 8, 2020, 1:20 PM

I just hope to god there won't be enough money to field/float a rowing team next year if we miss football season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

heard on radio,Stanford just dropped 11 sports***

Jul 8, 2020, 2:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dropped all the good stuff

Jul 8, 2020, 3:04 PM

The school will discontinue men's and women's fencing, field hockey, lightweight rowing, men's rowing, co-ed and women's sailing, squash, synchronized swimming, men's volleyball and wrestling after the 2020-21 academic year. Stanford also is eliminating 20 support staff positions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

so, Title 9 lawsuits on the way?***

Jul 8, 2020, 3:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, you are the only one.

Jul 8, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Am I the only one who just doesn't see it happening this ]

just you.

I guess it really doesn't matter to you

Jul 8, 2020, 1:15 PM

You're going to dress up in a seer sucker suit and suck peeenuses every Saturday this fall whether they play or not.

I'm assuming you have no idea what alliteration means, but

Jul 8, 2020, 1:22 PM

gawt ###, that was some beautiful alliteration with the "seersucker" and the "sucking (of peanuses) and the "Saturday" and all that.

I may even change my avatar to a homosexual in a seersucker suit sucking shlongs on a saturday.

You wanna borrow my selfie stick?***

Jul 8, 2020, 1:33 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

you can borrow my schlong also. for the photo-op.

Jul 8, 2020, 1:41 PM

not for gay stuff.

W TF do I look like here, FBCoach? Between the insinuations

Jul 8, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I'm assuming you have no idea what alliteration means, but ]

that I eat at Golden Corral and now that I am not highly educated in the English language, I am becoming very offended.

boo hoo

Jul 8, 2020, 1:40 PM

Cry me a river chocolate wonderfall.

Should Mr. Off Brand Outboard be commenting here?

Jul 8, 2020, 1:46 PM

Glass bottom jon boats, and everything???

'm just pulling yer mullet

Jul 8, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to W TF do I look like here, FBCoach? Between the insinuations ]

calm down re:####

Yikes, it’s 2020 and people are still saying ######

Jul 8, 2020, 2:32 PM

With a hard “E”....

m u l l E t?***

Jul 8, 2020, 3:23 PM

I'm with you. Worst* part about this ENTIRE pandemic is

Jul 8, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Am I the only one who just doesn't see it happening this ]

we are going to miss Trevor Lawrence's final year and we will never see his flowing locks under an orange helmet again.

*jk about the worst part. There are lots of things worse.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pffft, you know the Browns will probably

Jul 8, 2020, 1:20 PM

draft him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If enough people die IPTAY may become more affordable and

Jul 8, 2020, 1:23 PM [ in reply to I'm with you. Worst* part about this ENTIRE pandemic is ]

traffic won't be so bad though.

This seems like the better alternative than waiting

Jul 8, 2020, 1:26 PM

for us to suck again so I can get lower deck seats.

We can still be good, but all the obscenely rich old guys that buy 20 season tickets in the lower deck and resell 16 of them making money and making their 4 seats and equity all free are deaded...then we can get lower deck seats!

/s

Butt seriously.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

There will be a little schadenfreude seeing Clemson/IPTAY

Jul 8, 2020, 1:44 PM

lose revenue. I won't go so far as to say they've become money hungry monsters, but every year I want to say #### em a little more. Like a lot of companies that get big, they've completely lost sight of their core customer base.

You knew it was bad whenever they took away a bunch of

Jul 8, 2020, 1:46 PM

student seating, changed the ticket distribution, and I think make them pay now?

They've turned into a corporate game day experience, which sucks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

RH Tig warned us of this years ago

Jul 8, 2020, 1:53 PM

Definitely agree, and the tailgating isn't what it used to be. I mean, for us it is. We still do the same #### generally. But the newcomer neighbors typically don't view our shenanigans with the same good natured/it's all good perspective. And why would they? They've invested $100k in a tailgate trailer/tow vehicle combo so they can impress people who aren't even their real friends! It's serious business.

I wonder if this is how people in Orlando felt when Disney opened up.

As we continue to be at the top of the college football heap

Jul 8, 2020, 2:36 PM

the more corporate and rule-bound the Clemson football experience will become. The alternative, I'm afraid, is what you see happening on game day in Columbia. The free-for-all tailgating experience would go away there too, if they somehow managed to get where we are. Big corporate sponsors won't plow dollars into a game day experience situation like you see down there.

yeah #### those old #####

Jul 8, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to This seems like the better alternative than waiting ]

wait

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S.crazy, you can kiss my

Jul 8, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to This seems like the better alternative than waiting ]

Natty ring! ??

IMO they will play. There's so much..........

Jul 8, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Am I the only one who just doesn't see it happening this ]

money involved. But I do believe it will be different. No tailgating and/or fewer if any fans in the stands. Well except for bengaline ;)

Heck who knows because this is 2020.

I just want them to play because this could be another special year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said that about the money from the start.

Jul 8, 2020, 2:38 PM

Of course, that was before I saw the government shut down the US economy. And now, it seems we're hinging on doing that a second time. Suffice it to say, my confidence in the season is nowhere near it once was.

APM has said from the beginning, just think about it.

Jul 8, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Am I the only one who just doesn't see it happening this ]

Don't think about what we all WANT. Forget that. Just think about something as simple as kids going back to schools - any schools. They'll be in the Petri dish of school, which is bad enough in any year, with all the others who serve them (teachers, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, townies) and then once the weather gets cool again and people go inside to dry, indoor environments - fuhgeddaboudit.

My idea all along is to have a shortened season with no bowls or playoffs. Given the underclassmen some PT. Play against other teams. Get ready for Spring 2021 and pray we can go back to regular football in fall 2021.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What dayem difference does it make if FB team gets

Jul 8, 2020, 1:50 PM

C19 on the field or playing pool and pinball in Dabo World?
It’s gonna happen one way or another. #### all this BS fretting.....

SPOT THE DAYEM BALL!

I think you are being positive

Jul 8, 2020, 1:53 PM

which is good

however, there is a very real chance that the football season may not happen

I have come to that conclusion and I will understand when it happens

That’s me, Willmo, always been that way...

Jul 8, 2020, 1:58 PM

It has served me well!

Replies: 34
| visibility 410
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic