Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
big weekend!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,268

big weekend!!!

Jan 30, 2015, 2:13 PM

This weekend is a huge recruiting weekend to start to momentum for a great 2016 class. For those of you who think the atmosphere at the basketball game does not matter (and many of you said that last weekend)I remind you of Ray Ray McCloud's comments from David's interview:

"the basketball game was definitely a highlight. the atmosphere and the intensity of it. The fans were really into it. I was thinking about how Clemson is more than just about football. It was more like the school has support for every sport. That was a BIG EYE OPENER for me."--ray ray mcleod

I saw many comments last weekend where some of you said the basketball game (Wake game)has no bearing on recruits and for those worried about the atmosphere at a basketball game were stupid to think that had an effect on recruits. They are coming here for football, blah, blah, blah.

Well, well Ray Ray blew up that theory up that a basketball game means nothing. It is a chance to show the passion Clemson fans have for sports, the athletic program as a whole not just basketball, football, etc

If we can get some commitments from these big name guys coming this weekend it tends to snowball. Much like the commitment of Mitch Hyatt I believe got the ball rolling on us getting some many go OL.

They become our best recruiters. Get to the basketball game and show these recruits what Clemson is all about regardless of the sport!! Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Underrated post methinks. You make a good point.

Jan 30, 2015, 9:26 PM

Not a game-changer for committed football recruits, but it may factor into an uncommitted's decision. Some of these guys played bball (and were stars on their team) in high school, so they have more than a passing interest in it. An exciting well-attended bball game does nothing but reinforce the overall Clemson Experience during their visit weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: big weekend!!!

Jan 30, 2015, 9:31 PM

GREAT POST!!!!!! 100% true!! recruits look @ all aspects of a school before they commiit

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: big weekend!!!

Jan 30, 2015, 9:51 PM

Absolutely true, and well said. Tiger Nation is infectious. Clemson is special and it shows at every venue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,268
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic