Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Tidbits (Long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Recruiting Tidbits (Long)

Dec 3, 2018, 10:19 AM

As we enter the stretch run heading into the Early Signing Period Beginning December 19th, I’m sure everyone is dying for some recruiting insight, especially those who don’t feel like paying the outrageous prices for subscriptions to recruiting sites. And since most of our TigerNet recruiting gurus seem to have gone AWOL, I thought I could share some of my knowledge. I may not have someone on the inside feeding my info like some people do, but I do have multiple subscriptions to recruiting sites and follow Clemson recruiting very closely, so here goes:

*Note: The contact period ends 12/16. Coaches have basically 2 weeks to make a final impression on a prospect before the ESP (early signing period)

Quavaris Crouch, 5-star LB:

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that really wasn't that long...

Dec 3, 2018, 10:22 AM

;)

That's what she said***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:23 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: That's what she said***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:33 AM

I learned nothing about recruiting. Bad teacher ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's what she said***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:51 AM

Bad teacher with bad computer skills ;)

Re: Recruiting Tidbits (Long)

Dec 3, 2018, 10:32 AM

Apologies, I accidentally hit send on that last one. Anyways Crouch. Clemson coaches visited Crouch in Charlotte last week. Tennessee also visited in home, and Michigan will this week. Dabo will likely go in home next week, but Crouch isn’t expected to sign until February, so there’s some time here. He will announce publicly at the All American Game on 1/5, but has said he’ll silently commit to a coaching staff before then. Clemson holds a slight lead for Crouch, but Michigan is right there, and Tennessee isn’t too far behind. Clemson/Michigan want him Mostly as a linebacker, while Tennessee wants him as an athlete who can both ways.

-Clay Webb, 5-star OC: Jeff Scott and Todd Bates visited Webb last week, following a very good visit from UGA’s recruiting machine, Sam Pittman. Webb is very quiet about his recruitment so everything you hear is speculation. Clemson feels good, and Dabo will get the final in-home next week, which is great. But, UGA’s side is feeling very, very good here, which makes me nervous. Bama is a distant 3rd.

-Will Putnam, 4-star OG: Clemson, FSU, and Auburn all visited last week, and Dabo will try and get an in-home next week. Putnam would be a huge upgrade at the guard position, and would likely start immediately. I would give Auburn a slight advantage, with FSU and CU in 2nd. However, Clemson has a lot of momentum following Putnam’s recent official visit.

-Jakai Moore, 3-star OT: Don’t get told excited. Moore would be a great pickup, but he’s scheduled 3 unofficial visits throughout the season, and skipped on all 3. He has scheduled an official visit for next weekend, but it would be a win just to get him to show up. USCjr. and Penn State lead.

-Jerrion Ealy, 4-star RB: Ealy will likely not end up at Ole Miss, despite his commitment there. Clemson really likes it’s chances to flip Ealy, but I’m more worried about the MLB. According to MLB sources, Ealy is the 7th best high school prospect in the draft next year. We’re talking millions and millions of dollars if he signs with a team. I doubt Ealy will ever see a college football field, unfortunately. But, if he does, it will be in a Clemson uniform.

-Tyler Davis, 4-star DT: Clemson completely flipped this recruitment Throughout the season, as Davis was once nearly locked to FSU. Now, he’s nearly locked to Clemson. I would expect Davis to announce right before the ESP, and sign with Clemson.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:45 AM

Webb and Putnam ... those two I would like to see in orange with the same class . That's how you'd do it if you were granting wishes for me , Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Can't wait for used car salesman Sam Pittman to move on

Dec 3, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Tidbits (Long) ]

the guy is like a tv preacher. One of the best closers in the game.

Re: Can't wait for used car salesman Sam Pittman to move on

Dec 3, 2018, 10:56 AM

Yeah, Kirby struck gold hiring Pittman. The dude is unstoppable on the recruiting trail. It would make securing Webb even more of a win.

Crouch

Dec 3, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Tidbits (Long) ]

is scheduled to enroll somewhere for the spring semester, I believe.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Crouch

Dec 3, 2018, 12:53 PM

Yes, he will give a silent sometime this month and then publicly announce at the All-American game in January and enroll early.

I'm interested

Dec 3, 2018, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Tidbits (Long) ]

What site did you get this from and what's your name there?

bet you are fun at parties

Dec 3, 2018, 1:22 PM

who cares! blah blah blah something something about sites telling you not to copy their material...blah blah blah

his post is more of a run down. I knew most of what he said and I don't pay for any of those subscriptions. I know they don't want you to copy their material from their sites, but everything from the OP is not new information. It is all over the interwebs.

Dec 3, 2018, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Tidbits (Long) ]

while the few A$$ Clowns respond without anything of value to say I appreciate the time you took to write this. Good info.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for the info! GO TIGERS!***

Dec 3, 2018, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Tidbits (Long) ]

Dec 3, 2018, 10:55 AM

Well I'm no expert either but I will give all you youngsters insight! As the game was winding down Saturday night with about 2:30 left in the game, this old timer started heading down the steps from my soggy seats. As I get to the bottom of the steps there are 2 very pretty young phillies trying to get a selfie? isn't that what they are called when trying to take a picture of one's self? I asked them if they needed a little help and they said sure, so I took their phone and proceeded to take their photo. One of the young Lassie's said I hope they turn out good, I said why wouldn't they you 2 are 5 Star talent, they burst out laughing gave me a huge hug and walked a little ways with me. oh to have been 45 years younger! I was a real good talent evaluator!

Dec 3, 2018, 12:05 PM

Pics or it didn’t happen ??

Dec 3, 2018, 1:31 PM

but it was their phone. They were so cute in their leggings, boots, light jacket and soaked thru and thru! Like I said, oh to be 45 years younger!

lol.***

Dec 3, 2018, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Tidbits (Long) ]

Dec 3, 2018, 11:02 AM

Seriously..:where the fck is TigerWoods??

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

"Outrageous prices for recruiting sites?"

Dec 3, 2018, 11:05 AM

$10/month?

Are you a UDP?

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Outrageous prices for recruiting sites?"

Dec 3, 2018, 12:45 PM

Great to hear that you must be a subscriber to all these sites too. Can you add some more tidbits of info?

Yes, I am a subscriber

Dec 3, 2018, 2:39 PM

And no, I won't add any more because not only is that frowned upon, it's also a violation of their copyright laws

HTH!

UDP ?

Dec 3, 2018, 1:28 PM [ in reply to "Outrageous prices for recruiting sites?" ]

Utterly Devastatingly Poor ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: UDP ?

Dec 3, 2018, 2:39 PM

something like that ;)

Dec 3, 2018, 2:04 PM

Speaking of Putman...Was I the only one who saw him at the ACC Championship game in Charlotte Saturday? If it wasn't him it was someone who looked very similar to him

Dec 3, 2018, 2:04 PM

*Putnam

Thanks Anna***

Dec 3, 2018, 2:28 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic