Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN: Way Too Early Top 25 for 2013
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN: Way Too Early Top 25 for 2013

Feb 11, 2013, 12:31 PM

ESPN: Way Too Early Top 25 for 2013

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPN: Way Too Early Top 25 for 2013

Feb 11, 2013, 12:36 PM

So Georgia has to replace 9 starters on defense and is still ranked ahead of us because we have questions about our D? Ok espn

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ I Lol'd***

Feb 11, 2013, 12:44 PM

Those 9 new starters

Feb 11, 2013, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPN: Way Too Early Top 25 for 2013 ]

better start working on cardio now.

I can't WAIT to see this!

Feb 11, 2013, 1:34 PM

The fourth quarter is going to be brutal. If LSU cramped in the air conditioned indoor dome, Gawga is going to enjoy flopping around in the summer heat.

yep... it'll be at night, but it'll still be in the 80s***

Feb 11, 2013, 3:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we're lucky... I'm betting 3:30 is as good as we can hope

Feb 11, 2013, 4:27 PM

for

That's E$ecPN logic for you***

Feb 11, 2013, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPN: Way Too Early Top 25 for 2013 ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the more reason it's going to be nice to whip UGA

Feb 11, 2013, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPN: Way Too Early Top 25 for 2013 ]

to open the season. We'll see what ESpin has to say after that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Not ESPN. Schlabach. He hates Clemson. Always has in

Feb 11, 2013, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPN: Way Too Early Top 25 for 2013 ]

everything I have ever heard him say or write.

i was thinking top 7-8....

Feb 11, 2013, 12:45 PM

doesn't matter...just beat uga

Should have been titled "Way Too Early Top 25 for 2013 but

Feb 11, 2013, 1:14 PM

not nearly early enough for SEC biasness to contiue"

What a crock. I like where they say the defense needs to improve even though they held LSU to around 200 yards in the last game they played. Too funny.

The only thing that shocks me is

Feb 11, 2013, 1:15 PM

that USC isn't in the top 10. "USC after a hard fought season brings in new dynamic coaches and a small elite group of players that are sure to dominate next season". Some garbage like that.

Despite LSU, ND, and Florida being embarrassed in bowl games clear top 10's. Stanford gets credit for barely beating a now SIX loss big 10 team when the big 10 was garbage all year. Clearly TA&M lost a lot of people with the 32 they signed this offseason yet that's not a problem. And Scar that lost most of their defense is still put above Clemson who just had defensive troubles and brought in a great class to fix almost all defensive issues.

LSU losing by one wasn't exactly embarassing

Feb 11, 2013, 3:18 PM

but they did lose a ton of their junior and senior talent. I think they will struggle next year with their offense and so much of their defense gone. In fact, I think it's going to be A&M and Bama in the SEC West with very little competition from the rest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU losing by one wasn't exactly embarassing

Feb 11, 2013, 9:34 PM

Wrong. Bama will win. LSU and A&M will compete for #2. LSU is very deep on defense, but not Too Deep...hehe

Feb 11, 2013, 1:29 PM

After the Orange & White game we should know more about how this years Tigers will play
Few red-shirt or players who did not play last year could have an impact

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bet we have a big crowd for that one***

Feb 11, 2013, 3:19 PM

The "Let's see how many SEC teams we can cram in" rankings

Feb 11, 2013, 1:32 PM

This is bulletin board material. I think we did enough to be called a top 10 team (maybe even #10), but with all of these SEC teams, there's no room for us lowly Tigers.

Feb 11, 2013, 2:32 PM

What I love the most about all of this is that he blatantly shows his bias within the LSU and UGAy descriptions. UGAy loses 9 players on the defensive side of the ball and are ranked 6th. LSU loses 10 players overall and is ranked 13th. He should either drop UGAy down or be consistent with his bs and place LSU higher. Either way, this list gets fixed at the start of the season in the valley when Clemson takes down UGAy in convincing fashion.

We play better as underdogs

Feb 11, 2013, 2:36 PM

No where to go but up!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

may not be underdogs at home, no matter the rankings***

Feb 11, 2013, 3:16 PM

makes no sense to be ranked lower than we finished

Feb 11, 2013, 3:15 PM

The only way you can say that is not even to look at what we have coming back. Clemson should be in the top 7-8.

Link

Feb 11, 2013, 4:20 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8930092/alabama-crimson-tide-strengthen-top-spot-latest-2013-top-25

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark Schlabach's top 25--By Heather Dinich

Feb 11, 2013, 4:31 PM

Feb 11 4:00PM ET
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/print?id=52243

"Schlabach, like many who have seen Clemson play in recent years, isn't ready to give Clemson credit as a national title contender until there is more significant improvement on the defensive side. It's fair to expect more now that the players should be more comfortable in the second season under coordinator Brent Venables. It won't take long to find out how much improvement was made this offseason, as Clemson opens the season against Georgia. If the Tigers win that one, they should immediately validate themselves in the national title race."

Re: This is Good for CU Football.

Feb 11, 2013, 10:47 PM

Let the Tigers be the underdogs and they will have chip on their shoulders. This will help motivate the team during the summer and to avoid any complacency.

***Clemson's 1981 team wasn't even ranked in the preseason.

Feb 12, 2013, 1:43 AM

Seems like you guys would be a little more pissed off about Louisville stealing your ACC thunder to me.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic