Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cant wait to get mine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 454

Cant wait to get mine

Feb 14, 2017, 9:39 AM

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31183/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

best response

Feb 14, 2017, 9:43 AM

Wellington Abercrombie IV · Capitalist at Abercrombie & Partners, Ltd
I am wearing a Star Trek pin, to me a reminder of warp speed, transporters, and Klingons. I join with these students in empty symbolism to remember things that do not exist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you're saying white privilege doesn't exist?***

Feb 14, 2017, 12:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe in some situations it does, but black priviledge

Feb 14, 2017, 1:24 PM

is out there too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where? The NBA?***

Feb 14, 2017, 1:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you an employer or familiar with HR in this country?

Feb 14, 2017, 1:39 PM

It should be pretty common knowledge that schools and businesses are incentivized to hire/enroll blacks and women over white men if all else is equal. It's also harder to fire blacks than whites because of the social/legal power of racism claims. All black people are allowed to use certain words phrases and engage in certain types of humor that white people are not allowed to.

There are huge double-standards that are well established in this country that favor blacks.

You must know some pretty lazy HR departments because if

Feb 14, 2017, 1:51 PM

you hire all whites, you do have to go the extra mile to explain why. You also have to go the extra mile to fire blacks as far as documentation, but please explain to me the incentives to hire blacks or not fire blacks other than not having to do a little more typing.

Other than the comedians(which doesn't mean much in the real world), name the other double standards that exist.

Managers are scared to fire black employees more than

Feb 14, 2017, 1:59 PM

other employees because of the likelihood that they will be accused of racism. A black person accusing others of racism is serious, a white person doing it is a joke.

Employers are incentivized to hire non-whites as much as possible. There are actually quotas in some instances.

If a white person is shot by the cops, it's not a big deal. (plenty of examples to back this up.) If a black person gets shot, its a national news story.

If a black person walks by my business saying certain words then nobody cares, if a white person says the same exact thing in the same exact context for the same exact reason, its automatically racist.

White people are not allowed to have opinions about black people because they can't relate.... but black people are considered experts on race in general and are free to make fun of white people and whites laugh it off.

A person with black skin, even if born rich, automatically gets sympathy from a huge chunk of this country for simply being black.

There are scholarships only available to black people.

If a person says black people are genetically superior in athletics, then its mildly controversial... only because of the implication that it may not be the same in every other attribute.

Can I take a break?

But all of those are pretty minor compared to the fact that

Feb 14, 2017, 2:05 PM

the white race controls almost all the power and money in this country and who a large percentage are born to parents with much more money and much more education leading to a huge percentage being privileged.

The white race isn't a monolithic entity. So there is

Feb 14, 2017, 2:08 PM

no actual entity that controls all of anything. It's a bunch of people with different color skin who had ancestors who had different levels of wealth.

The term white privilege is racist and demeaning to white people.

This is in my opinion a fundamental truth that liberals

Feb 14, 2017, 2:30 PM

never seem to agree with.

There are a thousand ways that people can be disadvantaged in life. Heck, if you are short or bald, studies show that you will be passed up for jobs and promotions. But liberals, under some veil of being enlightened, have diminished all people to these groups of races. It's madness when you take a step back. There are about three times as many white Americans as black Americans in poverty. It is absurd to think that there is some birthright for success because of your race, and the people who push this victimhood mindset are doing a disservice to the minority community and ultimately to all Americans, in my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

But the poverty rate by race

Feb 14, 2017, 2:54 PM

is 9% for whites and 24% for blacks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn't negate my point.***

Feb 14, 2017, 3:03 PM

null

But that doesn't mean people are poor because they are black***

Feb 14, 2017, 6:14 PM [ in reply to But the poverty rate by race ]

Okay, which would you choose?

Feb 14, 2017, 3:25 PM [ in reply to The white race isn't a monolithic entity. So there is ]

Born black to parents in Edgefield SC with an 8th grade education with a family income of $12,000 or to white parents in Greenwich, CT. with a family income of $600,000?

Counter: Which would you choose?

Feb 14, 2017, 3:34 PM

Born white to parents in Edgefield SC with an 8th grade education with a family income of $12,000 or to black parents in Greenwich, CT. with a family income of $600,000?

null

You just described an anomaly.***

Feb 14, 2017, 4:30 PM

Once again, there are 25 million poor white people

Feb 14, 2017, 4:32 PM

in this country.

If you are born poor in America, odds are you are white.

null

Despite statistics, I choose not to make predictions

Feb 14, 2017, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Okay, which would you choose? ]

on individuals in my dealings with them until I have evidence from that particular person.

I could do the same scenario involving crime that wold make you uncomfortable.

This is an example of extreme racism. Suggesting that a

Feb 14, 2017, 9:47 AM

person has a certain type of life because of skin color. It's extremely dismissive of white people who suffer. As if racial discrimination is the only type of suffering people experience.

What it is, is an enforcement of a hierarchy of victimhood

Feb 14, 2017, 5:59 PM

These are little badges that are supposed to remind people that white people are the lowest on the scale of victimhood, which means that everything they do and say is more suspect than others and more susceptible to challenge from others further up the victimhood scale.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.***

Feb 14, 2017, 6:14 PM

Re: Cant wait to get mine

Feb 14, 2017, 10:22 AM

Yes, the easily-manipulated, impressionable college youth. What fertile ground to indoctrinate the mind into liberal thinking.

Amazing that liberals do not see how racist this is.

Feb 14, 2017, 10:30 AM

This country has gone nuts over race...they see it everywhere, except apparently in a program designed to make college-aged feel like they will not have earned anything they work toward because of their color.

This is also a useful story for liberals not to understand when they look at the very small geography of the country that thinks liberalism is the right choice but can't win the presidency, house, senate, governorships, state legislatures, talk radio, news network viewers...etc, etc. "I don't get it! Maybe we need to more slowly explain how white people should be undermined based on the color of their skin to all these moron conservative rubes. Why can't they just accept our enlightened vision!?!"

null

Re: Amazing that liberals do not see how racist this is.

Feb 14, 2017, 12:00 PM

We are being undone from within.

Lutz. How is it racist to state that being white has

Feb 14, 2017, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Amazing that liberals do not see how racist this is. ]

benefits?

Honestly I am sure I lack the skill to explain it

Feb 14, 2017, 12:28 PM

to someone who reduces what is happening to "Lutz. How is it racist to state that being white has benefits?"

You'll have to figure it out yourself I guess.

null

I'll take that as a no and that it's not racist to state

Feb 14, 2017, 12:35 PM

being born white in America has it's benefits.

Like what?***

Feb 14, 2017, 12:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're born into a white family, you have a much higher

Feb 14, 2017, 1:15 PM

chance that your parents have college degrees. You also have a much higher chance that your parents even have a H.S. degree. You also have a much higher chance that your parents make more money.

All this boils down to the fact that this means there is a much higher chance that you will graduate from high school, graduate from college, and make more money.

Also, when you walk into a job interview, there is a much less chance that you will be discriminated against based on the color of your skin.

Again, I'd love to hear this privilege explained to a poor

Feb 14, 2017, 1:33 PM

white kid in the trailer park who evidentially missed out on his "higher chance" of academic and financial success. I'd also argue that white people are the only group in this country whom it's socially acceptable to discriminate against, and it's becoming increasingly more prevalent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make a good point in your first sentence

Feb 14, 2017, 1:44 PM

, and it's not a slam dunk, but if you are born white, you have a much higher chance to be born with many advantages.

Now, for the 2nd sentence, give me some examples of where it's socially acceptable to discriminate against whites (other than the NBA).

Your statements are not treating people as individuals.

Feb 14, 2017, 1:49 PM

You are saying that each individual person, regardless of their life circumstances, if he or she has white skin, probably has an easier life than others.

That is the very definition of racism. Making judgements or predictions about a person because of their skin color.

It's not based on future predictions but what has happened

Feb 14, 2017, 1:58 PM

in the past. There are tons of stats out there. Just google some. White people have a much higher chance of being born to educated parents who make more money. Thus, they have a much higher chance of being higher educated and to make more money.

Of course there are thousands of cases where blacks from poor backgrounds overcame this and whites from privileged backgrounds ended up failures.

You are overlooking something pretty big here.

Feb 14, 2017, 2:04 PM

If you say Person A, lets call him Bob... if Bob walks up to you and you see Bob has white skin. If you say to Bob, hey, you have privilege because you are born white, then you are being racist against bob.

Think about how crime statistics could go the other way.

If there is a black dude... lets call him Bill... if there is a criminal line-up and everyone is white except Bill, and you say, based on statistics, that Bill is most likely to have been the criminal... then you are being racist.

You can't take an individual and say anything about them based on group statistics. You can say, there are a higher percentage of white people that are wealthy. But you can;t say, you are privileged because you are white.

You are randomly applying causation to the discussion. If someone is rich, its not because they are white. It delegitimizes people based on race. There are opportunities to all of us that are unique to certain attributes we are born with.

To isolate one or two, these days, is irrational.

White privilege isn't so much a way to find out if

Feb 14, 2017, 3:10 PM

a particular white guy is successful. It's way to predict that in general, on average, white guys will do better in life.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nonsense. It's a way of shaming a segment of the population

Feb 14, 2017, 3:17 PM

into supporting liberal programs in the name of "equality".

null

You are describing why people justify racist stuff.***

Feb 14, 2017, 6:16 PM [ in reply to White privilege isn't so much a way to find out if ]

An interesting question. Are there scholarships designated

Feb 14, 2017, 1:55 PM [ in reply to You make a good point in your first sentence ]

for minorities only? Is there a company out there that has a diversity goal that encourages either hiring or contracting with more minorities or minority owned businesses?

null

Scholarships are a good example of reverse privilege.***

Feb 14, 2017, 2:00 PM

It's not reverse anything. It's just privilege.***

Feb 14, 2017, 2:05 PM

Are there colleges who have legacy admissions?

Feb 14, 2017, 3:08 PM [ in reply to An interesting question. Are there scholarships designated ]

I mean, apart from the Ivy League? Are legacy admissions racist in intent? Probably not.

If you start with more whites who went to Harvard, are they discriminatory in impact? Probably so.

And to address Lakebums argument, No, that kid from the trailer park isn't getting any advantage from being white, but the kid in the inner city project probably isn't getting and affirmative action based scholarship either.

And the question of whether the world favors one race or another doesn't turn on examples of specific policies or people as much as percentages. If blacks are poorer generally, and they don't get into college at the same rate as whites, then you are going to have a system that generally favors white people, even if they can't all take advantage of that system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_preferences

That's prejudice.***

Feb 14, 2017, 1:24 PM [ in reply to I'll take that as a no and that it's not racist to state ]

But some of my best friends are white people

Feb 14, 2017, 11:51 AM

Oh, help....

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Cant wait to get mine

Feb 14, 2017, 6:57 PM

Geez....some of you guys need to actually read the article.

"The campaign was launched over the weekend by the Elizabethtown College Democrats, who say it aims to make students at the small and private liberal arts college in Pennsylvania more introspective about issues of race, especially in their predominantly white region of Lancaster County."

As meager and infantile as it seems, it's what young people do these days to try bring awareness to disparity in our society.

In my day we protested disparity by drinking lots of beer and going on panty raids....hence the world we have today!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 454
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic