Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots like Dylan Thompson's b/c of his 2012 success
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Coots like Dylan Thompson's b/c of his 2012 success

Nov 25, 2014, 4:59 PM

But the big difference for you feathered face buffoons who lack common sense...

(Using the FE index)

Clemson's Defense 2012: 55th
USuCk's Defense 2012: 5th
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef2012

Clemson's Defense 2014: 1st
USuCk's Defense 2014: 124th
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef

Does this help coots? Or do you coots need me to write it out in crayons?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This may help them understand ...

Nov 25, 2014, 5:01 PM
CS.jpg(38.8 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: This may help them understand ...

Nov 25, 2014, 5:09 PM

They are not giving us credit because of the teams we played, they believe that any team with a pulse exposed our defense. I disagree. We had one bad quarter against UGA. FSU, regardless of Winston's suspension, was not getting ran over, they are a talented team and it was on the road. GT, had one offensive TD. All 3 losses were to teams ranked in the top 16 and they were played on the road. The defense is better. Period, if it weren't we would still have about a 2011 80th+ defensive rank.

The missing pieces to this team was a solid RB, Watson, and a better OL. Dye is here, Watson is probable IMO, and the OL will work for now. A lot of people like to compare teams as in our OL vs their OL. Our OL will not play their OL. Their OL will have to go up against a DL full of studs, backed by some seriously talented linebackers. We contain Cooper and put serious pressure on Dylan and we win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

***chances***

Nov 25, 2014, 5:03 PM

Re: ***chances***

Nov 25, 2014, 5:04 PM

does it make you feel good he is about to break the schools single season passing record and low and behold against CLEMSON and that number 1 defense?

Re: ***chances***

Nov 25, 2014, 5:06 PM

On our secondary? On our pass rush? Please coot.
You will be lucky to leave DV with 17 points.

Lol, what's his record for interceptions? Maybe he'll break

Nov 25, 2014, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: ***chances*** ]

that one...

What we need to stop are his runs on third down. That killed

Nov 25, 2014, 5:10 PM

us two years ago. Got them to third and long then let him run for 15.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What we need to stop are his runs on third down. That killed

Nov 25, 2014, 5:13 PM

yeah....not gonna happen. this clemson D is too mature for that.

Don't think that happens this year...we're much more

Nov 25, 2014, 5:18 PM [ in reply to What we need to stop are his runs on third down. That killed ]

disciplined...

Closing speed on our LBs will take care of that.***

Nov 25, 2014, 5:23 PM [ in reply to What we need to stop are his runs on third down. That killed ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what that belongs to Dylan Thompson do they like?***

Nov 25, 2014, 5:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what that belongs to Dylan Thompson do they like?***

Nov 25, 2014, 5:34 PM

It's always a new year over here and wont make mistakes. Our defense is terrible so your terrible offense will blow us out. Your defense is so awesome that our offense has no chance. Good grief, I've seen Alexander and Kearse blow coverage more than once this year. Your backers are good when they are close but can they match the size and athleticism of our TEs? Can you get pressure with 4 or have to blitz the house every play? If you do, we will throw the swing pass. Your defense is awesome and deserved of your ranking, but you have allowed points this year. You can't spin facts.

Re: what that belongs to Dylan Thompson do they like?***

Nov 25, 2014, 5:40 PM

You also gave up 300 yards passing to fsu terrible backup qb. Sure your defense is good but we also have a coach that gets up for "challenges" for the number 1 ranked defense.

Ball Sack can't coach his way out of this one....

Nov 25, 2014, 7:51 PM

or Texas A&M, or Mizzou, or KY, or UT....you get the gist....

We've allowed points b/c our offense has been so anemic

Nov 25, 2014, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: what that belongs to Dylan Thompson do they like?*** ]

at times, we've had to solely rely on the D to continuously stop offenses.

UGA was our first road game, and it's got to be tough to bring everything together on the road, first game of the season. Our guys held in there till the fourth but our O could not get the job done.

FSU...that game was given away...right near the final minutes of the game. Any coot that would argue otherwise either didn't watch the game, their garnet glasses are too thick, or is simply a troll. Our D did what was needed...our O sacrificed the win.

GT...you CAN NOT have two pick sixes and expect to to win the game. Again, our O did not help the D.

The similarity in all of these games is that Watson wasn't named the starter for the first two and didn't play the entire game, and he was injured early in the GT game. If Watson doesn't play Saturday, I'll admit...nothing will be a given in that game. If Watson does play...well, a new streak will be established.

So, say what you will to make yourself feel more confident. But this is a different year and a very underachieving USuCk team that fell far from their unearned top 10 preseason ranking. Our house, our D, good chance of Watson returning with our premiere RB finally healthy.....I like our chances.

Re: We've allowed points b/c our offense has been so anemic

Nov 25, 2014, 5:56 PM

Well in the gt game Watson couldn't even get in the endzone

Funny how spraining an LCL in the redzone will do that to ya***

Nov 25, 2014, 5:58 PM

Nov 25, 2014, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: We've allowed points b/c our offense has been so anemic ]

LOL. He was about to, right before he sprained his knee and left the game.

Dummy.

That was early in the first quarter, also***

Nov 25, 2014, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: We've allowed points b/c our offense has been so anemic ]

FSU only scored 23. GT only scored 14 on offense

Nov 25, 2014, 6:34 PM [ in reply to We've allowed points b/c our offense has been so anemic ]

The only good examples of Clemson "giving up points" are the UGa and the UNC game. Yes, in the UGa game the defense folded after having to be on the field for pretty much the entire second half. I think they lost concentration after we poured the points on UNC.

Re: FSU only scored 23. GT only scored 14 on offense

Nov 26, 2014, 12:17 AM

I agree.

In the UGA game, we lost the field position battle. Because we kept going 3 and out and had to punt from at or near our own endzone, we kept giving Georgia a short field to work with. Then you a had to keep dealing with a horse like Gurley in that situation.

In the UNC game, the defense lost focus and got relaxed in the second half because we had gotten a big lead. BV in his postgame speech mentioned about the defense's "calamity of errors" in the second half.

Sean Maguire may be a better QB than we think. He did better in the second half of that game once he adjusted. He was a 4-star recruit, and he also had other good playmakers like Rashad Greene around him.

Jameis Winston this year has been mistake prone and has thrown a bit of interceptions (three against Louisville). He may have a cannon, but it can be inaccurate at times. He had a good bit of turnovers against NC State. BC (who had a top 10 defense when we played them), held Winston to 20 points, his lowest point total in his college career. His mistakes may catch up to him against Georgia Tech and Alabama (if he has to go against them in the NCG) as these teams will expose them.

Nov 25, 2014, 6:40 PM [ in reply to We've allowed points b/c our offense has been so anemic ]

Why no mention of UNC when talking about the defense? They are top 20 in passing yards and scoring and put up 35 points and over 450 yards in that game. That game was at home, and Watson started so how could the vaunted #1 Defense in all of America give up those numbers to a team that is just 6-5?

Watson started...we won....what's your point?

Nov 25, 2014, 6:44 PM

I honestly don't give a rats ### how many points you put up, so long as we are +1 to you. If Watson doesn't play, we'll have to rely on the defense and I think they are capable.

If he does play, our defense will still have to play a great game, but can rest a little easier knowing you won't stop Watson and they'll get plenty of rest between their series...

You might've missed my grammatical correction there

Nov 25, 2014, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: what that belongs to Dylan Thompson do they like?*** ]

At any rate, Clemson is 8th in scoring defense, so it's not like we're just not giving up yards because the opponents have short fields of something.

being a Tiger fan, i do appreciate Thompson b/c

Nov 25, 2014, 5:46 PM

he is a man of high character and faith. And i do want to whip their butts.

How about translating that into a prediction? Thanks!****

Nov 25, 2014, 7:07 PM

Prediction? W***

Nov 25, 2014, 7:09 PM

Re: Coots like Dylan Thompson's b/c of his 2012 success

Nov 26, 2014, 8:11 AM

I see the same result

based on what, exactly ? y'alls defense hasn't been able to

Nov 26, 2014, 8:17 AM

stop anybody, and your offense will be going against the #1 defense in the nation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots like Dylan Thompson's b/c of his 2012 success

Nov 26, 2014, 8:34 AM

But using that logic and the same statisticians analysis the Gamecock offense was rated #28 in 2012 with Lattimore and Shaw playing most of the year and this year it is rated #4.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic