Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It doesn't matter if N. Turner ever plays a down...Dabo is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,014

It doesn't matter if N. Turner ever plays a down...Dabo is

Jan 21, 2016, 11:51 PM

doing the right thing. This scholarship offer is not about football...it's about giving a kid a second home. Nolan's father Kevin played with Dabo at Alabama, and you can read his story at either of he links below. Dabo's looking out for a friend's kid, and I can't understand how a person in the world could find fault with that. Very few times does one find him/herself with the opportunity and ability to do something this meaningful. My bet is that Dabo feels as good about offering this scholarship as any he ever has. And I don't blame him, nor do I lament the "loss" of this scholarship. Dabo is putting real life ahead of football, and I'd like to think that when faced with a similar circumstance, we'd all do the same.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/kevin-turner-leading-plaintiff-in-nfl-concussions-lawsuit-battles-als/2014/12/15/b4c369ac-8137-11e4-b936-f3afab0155a7_story.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/26976/kevin-turners-road

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

be careful.... the tnets might begin to think that you are

Jan 21, 2016, 11:53 PM

suggesting this type of thing could lead to a playoff birth...

no way

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Ever crossed your mind that this kid can play.***

Jan 22, 2016, 12:14 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he will

Jan 22, 2016, 12:18 AM

Even if he doesn't I think he will outwork some of the others players with more "??'s" and push those ahead of him to be better. If they don't put in the work then he will more than likely take their spot.

I'd take a player with more hustle any day over the person with physical talent but not the heart.

I don't care if he can play or not....that's my whole point.***

Jan 22, 2016, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Ever crossed your mind that this kid can play.*** ]

Re: It doesn't matter if N. Turner ever plays a down...Dabo is

Jan 22, 2016, 3:28 AM

First, this young man is a senior in high school, he doesn't deserve the ###### internet scrutiny of a "pro player...."

Second, not all of our recruits have been four and five stars and based on the recent results our program has achieved, recruiting has been pretty danged good.

Third, has everyone forgotten Stanley Seckinger, Daniel Rodriguez, Adam Renfro or Adam Humphries? All of these players were not in the ESPN top 300, but were very, very (Adam is and will be) important part of this team...

Do not lose sight of the fact that Alabama offered him as a "preferred walk on...." I think Renfro and Seckinger might know something about this...

While I do not know what his career at Clemson will look like at the end, I do know he will be wearing our Orange and be part of our family... Give the guy a chance, but love him as a family member non-the-less...

The Bama Game Proves Your Point

Jan 22, 2016, 6:43 AM

Our starters were "outclassed" (in terms of theoretical potential as defined by the rating services) by Bama by an average of half a star. Comparing the backups must provide a much, much greater gap.

Bama's starters and backups were outplayed, with a few (albeit important to the game's outcome) exceptions by Clemson.

Stars don't mean everything. This world is literally filled with failures who had tons of potential. You can't look into the future to know what will happen with a recruit and some things, like injuries, are out of everyone's control. That said, our recruiting staff has been impressive in spotting undervalued talent and, once our recruiters put on their coaching hats, they tend to turn head scratchers into sure things and sure things into first rounders.

I'm no different than most people in that I really want our class to be stacked with 4 and 5 star recruits. Winning the class rankings trophy is worth a ton to a guy like me that needs something to hang on to and talk about for another 200+ days. I'm in NM and have Bama, LSU and UGA coworkers so an unranked player hurts my ability to win the "my team can beat up your team" between seasons battle. But that is the only reason that I will be upset about this recruit.

Good job, Dabo. Welcome Nolan. Go Tigers.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,014
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic