Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Relationships a key part of Clemson recruiting success
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Relationships a key part of Clemson recruiting success

Feb 8, 2013, 4:39 PM

Relationships a key part of Clemson recruiting success

In a recent poll relationships with head and assistant coaches was the majority reason top prospects made their college choice. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Insert any school's name. It's key for every school and the

Feb 8, 2013, 4:43 PM

reason Bama, along with other schools, are going to have an entire 2nd staff of coaches with a high priority on recruiting/relationships with high school administrators, boosters, and coaches.

Like Dabo said, we've got a decision to make at Clemson. We can strive to be elite, or be happy being pretty decent.

Who's going to be in charge of THE CLEMSON SOCIAL...

Feb 8, 2013, 4:49 PM

...NETWORK?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get that you want a whole team of people tweeting and

Feb 8, 2013, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Insert any school's name. It's key for every school and the ]

researching and whatever...

But I'd think the players would care more about hearing from their Coordinator, HC, and position coach than anyone else, you know?

"Cool, some grad assistant from State University tweeted me! Wait...he doesn't call plays or coach or run drills or play or workout with the team....."

It's like wanting to work for Google cause their mailman or intern said it was awesome.

Clemson

Guys like Woody McCorvey, Jeff Davis, Brad Scott, Pat Sapp,

Feb 8, 2013, 5:28 PM

Levon Kirkland, etc. Guys who help out but couldn't actively recruit can now do just that. That stuff resonates to the HS coaches and other important people who significantly influence decisions of these recruits.

I think it's pretty big time.

Re: Guys like Woody McCorvey, Jeff Davis, Brad Scott, Pat Sapp,

Feb 8, 2013, 5:38 PM

Need to add Brian Dawkins

A Recruiting Buzzsaw From Now On.

Feb 8, 2013, 5:10 PM

The NFL has their warrooms during the draft. This new thing in college is going to be far, far worse than that. I see this getting even more sneakier, more conniving, and become so much more vicious through other media sources. They will have to put in some more rules just to stable this thing off. The way they have it now, I fear it's a good recipe to have it get way out of hand.

Re: A Recruiting Buzzsaw From Now On.

Feb 8, 2013, 6:19 PM

Getting, it's already gotten that way. You either step up or step out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well said

Feb 10, 2013, 5:25 PM

the buzzsaw has been in place for a while. Its just more formally legal

mr.hood, your killing me!

Feb 8, 2013, 5:42 PM

losing to scar is a bad enough, but to ( and i know it was meant to be south florida) write "losing to south carolina in a bowl game no one cared about" just about drove me over the edge! jk, i like your work, keep it up, just PLEASE don't have us losing to those god awful chickens more than we actually do. please take this good natured, as that is the way it is meant.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: mr.hood, your killing me!

Feb 9, 2013, 8:37 AM

sgt tiger, perhaps you and I are looking at two different articles written by David Hood, but if you are talking about the article above, David did write "south florida" and not scarolina as you say.

Thanks for your service!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at the time of posting it had south carolina.he changed it.

Feb 9, 2013, 11:04 AM

i was ribbing him a little about it. he does good work!

thanks for your service,also.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Relationships a key part of Clemson recruiting success

Feb 8, 2013, 7:32 PM

I predict that this new focus on the "Social Media" stuff is going to end up putting more kids off than turning those kids on. I envision a non stop barrage of propaganda that causes the kids to tune it out and to delete it without even looking at most of it without a response, as opposed to it being a positive change in the recruiting wars. JMO, but we'll see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic