Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So a turrible revelation occurred over the weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 654

So a turrible revelation occurred over the weekend

Jun 26, 2019, 12:18 PM

SIL (no pigs)was in town with my nephew over the weekend for FIL's 80th birthday. wifeofgrouching (no pigs) went to go pick them up at the airport with lilmissgrouching (no pigs), so we had to put a second car seat that we had sitting in the garage in her car. Once installation was complete, we came to the realization that her Jeep ain't gonna fit 3 car seats across the back. Of course, neither is my vehicle.

So, with twins on the way to arrive in December, we now have a house that is marginally big enough, and no way to bring the babies home from the hospital cause the #### cars aren't big enough.

You fine folks with three or more chirrens in car seats still, what vehicles are you driving nowadays? Wife don't want a minivan, but I don't care. Imma be 41 with newborn twins, any sense of pride in a sweet ride to run some leg at the club is far in my past.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One question...

Jun 26, 2019, 12:20 PM

where da pigs?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at least tag him

Jun 26, 2019, 12:20 PM

Greenr

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: So a turrible revelation occurred over the weekend

Jun 26, 2019, 12:21 PM

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/concord-2006-c5500-school-bus/6914219323.html

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually found this over the weekend

Jun 26, 2019, 12:25 PM

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ctd/d/tucson-1991-chevrolet-caprice-wagon-base/6916227481.html

Wifeof was not as excited as me about the rear facing back seat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get some sweet hydrolics to bounce those kiddos to sleep

Jun 26, 2019, 12:29 PM

#### car seat laws scam.***

Jun 26, 2019, 12:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife drives our Honda Odyssey

EX-L with Nav and Entertainment. Put on a movie for the long trips so they shut the #### up. (in the nicest way of course). I tell you having a minivan with all the fixings on it might be gay, but #### it it taint convenient and easy.

I have a Ford Exploder. It has a 3rd row of seats butt the leg room on the third row is muther ####### tizzight, especially with the second row scooted back.

I'm looking now at an F150 because I miss having a truck so bad.

Wo got Dat too

Jun 27, 2019, 8:04 AM

Same room and 40K cheeper than a YukonXL. Of course it's nasty inside because wife and kids. My Camry is better looking inside with 159K miles than the fancy minivan with 13K miles. She does a good job usually of throwing out milk bottles when they start to stink. Nice though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two infant seats and a high back booster will fit in the

second row of a Honda Pilot. You can move one to the far back as well, but it is a pain to get to them so they need to be able to buckle themselves in.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I forgot to mention that part about 3rd row SUVs

Jun 26, 2019, 12:27 PM

sucks donky balls having to climb in to buckle them up if they caint do it yet. I go in through the rear hatch.

Also, I enter my vehicle's hatchback to buckle my kid on the 3rd row. (see what I did there)

Got you, fam.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:25 PM

What you're gonna want to do, is retrofit the handle with a female 1 7/8" hitch, and then beef up the wheels a little. If you're feeling really fancy, maybe some wind protection, but that's optional.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2019, 12:30 PM

Our twins joined the air breathing crowd when we had a 5yr old and with the same situation, but with 2 labs. We had to buy something else and got a van. Only other options were a tahoe, 'burban or church bus.

Congarts on the twins......you poor, poor, poor mf'r. Nothing you buy will ever be big enough until they start wiping their own arses.

3 seats fit across a full size back seat. A small booster will fit with 2 car seats in a cherokee but the little effers weren't happy. Therefore I wasn't happy. They need to be separate and out of slapping and toy stealing reach. If not possible, I'd recommend card board walls cut to fit seat to ceiling to use as dividers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never understood grown #### ppl...

Jun 26, 2019, 12:31 PM

that are opposed to minivans.

I'm a car guy...grew up a car guy...but I'm 48 yo now and don't really care that much about driving a "cool" car. I'm much more concerned with comfort than "style".

We have a mini-van...mind you a pretty nice one...and I like it. It's good to drive on family trips, has 82 cup holders, 6 usb charge ports, air bags every where, can flatten the back seat and take out the middle ones and haul a lot of sheet, and on and on.

My 2 kids aren't in car seats any more, but when they were, we could take them and 3-4 others around with no problems.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach brother! You know what driving a van does mean though

Jun 26, 2019, 12:35 PM

Someone's slaying that pooooooooooooossssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy.

What kind do you have?

Jun 26, 2019, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I've never understood grown #### ppl... ]

I'm not opposed to one, wifeof is. I mean, I'd rather have an old Ford Ecoline conversion van with some shag carpet, but a minivan will do.

we have a sienna. love it. hauls ###. usually 5 of 'em.***

Jun 26, 2019, 12:36 PM

That's how 19She was too 6-7 years ago when we were

Jun 26, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to What kind do you have? ]

3-kid vehicle shopping. I didn't give a shet about a minivan. Life was already over. But SHE did, for some reason. She didn't want to be a minivan driver. I like the Pilot choice for the most part. The new ones suck, so next vehicle will probably be an actual SUV.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes yes.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:48 PM

The new ones do, in fact, suck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Does your wife know that driving around in a

Jun 26, 2019, 12:39 PM [ in reply to What kind do you have? ]

Ford Expedition doesn't have the same status as it did circa 2006?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why if I buy an Expedition, it will be a 2006 model.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:40 PM

So as to keep the status.

I'd like all you people movers to go back to station wagons.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:44 PM

I'd like only people who need a truck to drive a truck.

I'd like SUVS to go back being trucks with permanent camper shells.

I have no need for a 3500 4x4 diesel.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:46 PM

But I do have a small peanor, so it helps.

Not even to tow a boat?

Jun 26, 2019, 12:53 PM

I don't know why you didn't get a Corvette or something.

Oh yeah I tow my boat with it.

Jun 26, 2019, 1:28 PM

But my boat only weighs about 4500#. I could have easily used teh 1500 4x4 truck I had before.

i just wanted the bigger truck.

I'm kinda done with sports cars. I doubt I'll ever own one again. I just have zero use for it.

2019 Sienna XLE....previous one was...

Jun 26, 2019, 1:30 PM [ in reply to What kind do you have? ]

2007 Sienna SE (I think).

Actually still have 2007 Sienna...gave it to father-of when we bought the current one. Waiting for my Mom to get the title back in her name after my Dad passed away so she can give it back to me to sell.

Is it a "sport" model?***

Jun 26, 2019, 12:36 PM [ in reply to I've never understood grown #### ppl... ]

Spot on.

Jun 26, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to I've never understood grown #### ppl... ]

95% of the SUVs out there ARE minivans/station wagons...and just because you can cite that the manufacturer says otherwise only means that you're an idiot for buying their ridiculous marketing hype.

saw a bumper sticker on a minivan yesterday that

Jun 27, 2019, 9:23 AM [ in reply to I've never understood grown #### ppl... ]

sums up this thread

"I used to be cool"

I didn’t know you were Catholic.***

Jun 26, 2019, 12:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or just a careless Methodist***

Jun 26, 2019, 1:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey

Jun 26, 2019, 2:33 PM

shut up

diono makes some compact car seats

Jun 26, 2019, 1:25 PM

that can fit 3 abreast (no pigs) even in a compact car. Might look into those before considering minivan castration

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the minivan come with that "1000 yard stare" of wanting

Jun 26, 2019, 1:31 PM

to experience the sweet, sweet release of death. That's gotta be worth somethin'.

We went with the Yukon Denali XL because

Jun 26, 2019, 1:27 PM

my wife is weird about not wanting to have the stigma of a luxury car like an Escalade. So we decided to just get the little GMC. I feel a little underdressed pulling into the country club pool with it, but I think everyone understands that we're still young and trying to make solid financial decisions. I've been able to make the payments most months.

payments..lulz***

Jun 26, 2019, 1:29 PM

thats a nice vehicle

Jun 26, 2019, 1:30 PM [ in reply to We went with the Yukon Denali XL because ]

how's the parallel parking?

It's a Bresee

Jun 26, 2019, 1:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLs5qnxQ6c

Odyssey Touring /thread

Jun 26, 2019, 3:14 PM

Minivan. Especially if you take road trips. Have one now, and will replace it with another when the time comes.

Siennas are good too, but they drive like they are much larger than the Odyssey but they are nearly identical in size.

We had an Isuzu Oasis, which was the same vehicle as the

Jun 26, 2019, 3:35 PM

first gen Odyssey. Had 4 doors instead of a sliding door, comfy and drove like a dream, had giddy up, good fuel efficiency, and got rid of it at 268k miles. Hauled many a youth football/baseball player in its day, went on numerous long road trips, and I wouldn't have any problem driving one today. Of course, people learn quickly NOT to tease murderous and bloodthirsty warlords with hair-trigger tempers about what they're driving, so that was never much of a worry anyway.

I drove a 74 Olds Vista Cruiser station wagon for a couple of years at Clemson, and I promise you it was the most borrowed car on campus. I traded for trucks, jeeps, sports cars, motorcycles...I probably put less than half the miles that were tallied on that car while I drove it. Several times we went to the B&L Warehouse Zoo Night in Athens with 9 people in the car.

fer reals. APM's kids are out of car seats, but he have 4.

Jun 26, 2019, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Odyssey Touring /thread ]

And dem lil'knickers (actually, dey pretty big knickers now) fit up in da Odyssey. And da Odyssey an '08 model still runnin' skrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2019, 9:18 AM

https://thecarseatlady.com/fitting3across/

I had twins and already had a 4 year old.

Jun 27, 2019, 9:24 AM

I got a minivan then. Was very comfortable and convenient. Drove it 4 years till kids were old enough for a 3 row SUV and traded it it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wholed on a minute

Jun 27, 2019, 1:38 PM

you already had twins AND THEN had another?!

Replies: 43
| visibility 654
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic