Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
as much as I hate it the BIG 12 is our only hope! ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

as much as I hate it the BIG 12 is our only hope! ...

May 6, 2012, 6:27 PM

the ACC is Roundball... founded/grounded and is blue babee driven relentlessly by the powers who run it and thwe whole nation knows it. As a whole FB is an afterthought to this conf and this playoff is the Kiss of death to Clemson FB! Hang on and Die or make the leap! Rotten choices either way, but one is DEFINATELY better than the other!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: as much as I hate it the BIG 12 is our only hope! ...

May 6, 2012, 6:36 PM

But will we still be able to go on the field after games if we are in the big12? ;)

May 6, 2012, 8:23 PM

this can be stipulated before we join!! end of problem

and yes!! Big 12 is our only hope.. barker and the Clemson admin let the SEc ship sail without making any kind of move!! pitiful but true!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's "definitely", at least get it right if it's in caps***

May 6, 2012, 8:10 PM

May 6, 2012, 8:15 PM

My whole thing about joining the Big 12 is away games. How many of you can seriously afford to go out to Texas or Iowa or Kansas or Oklahoma every other weekend? And then the Big 12 Championship game will be in Texas. If by chance we can compete and in and win the Big 12 I know I can't afford to go to Texas to go to the championship game, unless someone wants to pay for me. When you have a hard time finding work in this economy going to the Big 12 is a bad move when most of the ACC away games are within driving distance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2012, 8:19 PM

Yes, Syracuse , Boston college, pittsburg' Miami , and Maryland are right down the street? The distance is probably the weakest argument against moving to the big 12.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2012, 8:28 PM

same coast...I'd think it would be easier to go to those games than the others

May 6, 2012, 8:47 PM

Either you need to become more familiar with the cost of travel, or study a bit of geography. We are talking about central time zone opponents, and north-south travel versus east west travel has little bearing on the cost.

Distance is an excuse. I hope everyone that wants a job finds a job, and I understand the state of the economy. Travel is not a strong argument against.

Argue academics, or tradition , or that you just don't want to go....but get real about the negligible distance compared to the northeast and far south!

The move as rumored , seems to good to be true to this tiger. I can still hope tho....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many of them can come to Clemson?

May 6, 2012, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: as much as I hate it the BIG 12 is our only hope! ... ]

Personally, I'd love to see Texas bring their crowd over BC or Wake.

Re: How many of them can come to Clemson?

May 6, 2012, 8:32 PM

I'd like to see a fresh bunch of fans but the schools have to think about the sad shape the economy is in. Unless they want to pay for me to go to away games and the championship game I know I won't be going and I know of several other folks who won't be going simply because they can't afford it.

The economy is a weaka$$ argument too

May 6, 2012, 8:43 PM

The economy is cyclical. It won't be down forever. Also, I was in Tampa for the 09 ACCCG. That trip would be just as expensive as going to Dallas. Why not make the move. The ACC has proven to not be focused on football and led by an a$$hat. The BIGXII just got a fantastic new commish and already makes a lot more money. I like the move

Re: The economy is a weaka$$ argument too

May 6, 2012, 8:46 PM

I would figure a trip to Boston, Upstate NY, and Pittsburg would cost just as much as a trip to Norman, Austin, and Stillwater

May 6, 2012, 8:49 PM

It would cost less when you add the hotel cost delta in NY and Boston compared to Norman and stillwater

May 6, 2012, 8:51 PM [ in reply to The economy is a weaka$$ argument too ]

> The economy is cyclical. It won't be down forever.
> Also, I was in Tampa for the 09 ACCCG. That trip
> would be just as expensive as going to Dallas. Why
> not make the move. The ACC has proven to not be
> focused on football and led by an a$$hat. The BIGXII
> just got a fantastic new commish and already makes a
> lot more money. I like the move

Dallas has all kinds of discount airlines. Even Spirit flies out of there. Just do not get terminally ill after you buy the ticket

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic