Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
as bad as last nights loss hurts us Clemson fans, think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

as bad as last nights loss hurts us Clemson fans, think

Feb 22, 2017, 9:24 AM

about how the players feel. Losing as many games as they have with only a few seconds left has gotta hurt. My five year old sat in silence for a few seconds after VT made the shot. Has there been another team, you can think of, that has lost as many games in a season this way?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: as bad as last nights loss hurts us Clemson fans, think

Feb 22, 2017, 9:26 AM

true but they seem to be lost the same way and they never learn from it. play some D. work for good shots. maybe box out on a rebound. see how that works

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2017, 9:28 AM

I think they're letting losses beat them more than once at this point. I hate it for the players, it has got to be messing with their heads.

I truly hope, for the players if nothing else, that they find a way to end the season on some sort of positive note.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2017, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: as bad as last nights loss hurts us Clemson fans, think ]

I agree with your comments. But dang, it's like Groundhog Day. I didn't want to say it but when the ball went OB with 7 seconds left, my heart said "uh-oh! Not again!" Then the knife went through the heart.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2017, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: as bad as last nights loss hurts us Clemson fans, think ]

Mental. The little things. Reminds me of football years back. We (our players and fans for that matter)don't expect to win the close basketball games. We expect to win the close football games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We expect to win close football games because...

Feb 22, 2017, 10:20 AM

our players have the skill and are properly coached to be capable of winning.

That isn't the case with our basketball team. There's no confidence because they aren't prepared. Whether it's being sure to cover the best 3 point shooter when we have the lead with seconds to go, or inbounding the ball and getting it down court with under 5 seconds left, we are incapable of success. Any good to average team can beat us at crunch time because NO ONE ON THIS TEAM OR COACHING STAFF KNOWS WHAT TO DO. That's clear now.

Unfortunately it looks like we'll be like Linus for another year, waiting in the pumpkin patch to see if the Great Pumpkin shows up next season.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2017, 9:28 AM

I agree with you, MFO. But when you lose that many close games in similar ways, it points to coaching, or lack thereof. The opposite was true this year for football, and we know we have a solid coaching staff there.

BTW, what's your 5 year-old doing up until 9:00 on a school night? :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 22, 2017, 9:31 AM

Agree. Something if missing. I also do not agree with the half-court pass at the end with three seconds left.

He is loving his Clemson sports. He is ready for next weekend. :)

Feb 22, 2017, 9:40 AM

It is heartbreaking. You could see it on Reed when he slapped the floor after they made the shot. We just cannot catch a break.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair

Feb 22, 2017, 9:54 AM

You make breaks. We caught a break (or at least it looked like we did) when they missed the layup to tie it.

Then we messed up on defense on the last 3 point shot leaving him way too open for that. A 2 doesn't kill you, you can't go under the screen (I believe we did this, I'm going from memory) to leave the 3 point shooter open for the dagger. And then we had almost 4 full seconds and we just heaved the ball down court. Surely, after a timeout, we can draw up a play to get a bit better chance than that?

Honestly, there has been some bad luck to be on the end of so many tough close losses, but at some point when you look at the sheer number of them, then SOMETHING has to be to blame. Something has to be fixable, and we just aren't doing it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 2012-2013 team lost a number of close games as well.***

Feb 22, 2017, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but this season's have been even closer

Feb 22, 2017, 10:46 AM

looking at the closest losses:

UNC - 3
UVA - 4
VaTech - 1 (x2)
'Cuse - 1
Duke - 2

that's 6 games by a total of 12 points... which is just nutz....

and as above.. if it's that frustrating for us fans.. it's got to be sleep-depriving for the coaches and players

I can remember a baseball team just a few years ago that

Feb 22, 2017, 9:57 AM

lost an unbelievable number of 1-run games.

Feb 22, 2017, 11:14 AM

Not as bad as traveling up to North Carolina....getting ahead by 20+ with 3-4 min left and losing the game.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic