Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Many on TNet love to make fun of Lou Holtz but after reading the attached article I now have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,324

Many on TNet love to make fun of Lou Holtz but after reading the attached article I now have

Feb 7, 2016, 10:33 AM

a new found respect for Coach Holtz. I don't always agree with him but IMO he deserves our respect. Through everything he had shown himself to be a man of great character,faith and tenacity. I have been one of those on TNet to slam on Coach Holtz many times. I am not pointing fingers at anyone. I just did not know he had been through so much adversity especially during his tenure at SC.

http://m.elkharttruth.com/sports/2010/06/19/Local-Sports-Lou-Holtz-reflects-on-grief-filled-1999.html

If the link does not work Google Lou Holtz wife / cancer 1999. It was Holtz first year at SC and the year the gamecocks went 0-11.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP & loved it when his Kicker said he couldn't kick when Lou was looking at him..

Feb 7, 2016, 10:44 AM

And Coach said it was in his contract to be present at the game!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Compassion for his personal tragedies, but no respect.

Feb 7, 2016, 10:52 AM

Way too much other data on Holtz to ever think highly of him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Making fun of loose boltz is too easy

Feb 7, 2016, 11:02 AM

Fish in a barrel

Never said I would not take shots at Dr Lou but after reading about some of his adversities I

Feb 7, 2016, 11:06 AM

now have s measure of respect for the man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never any Respect for that

Feb 7, 2016, 11:03 AM

A-Hole...Never

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Probably because he got like 4 schools on probation but

Feb 7, 2016, 11:04 AM

kept sneaking out right before the NCAA hammer hit. He was a classic "do as i say, not as i do" guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was it 4 schools on probation or all 6?***

Feb 7, 2016, 11:16 AM

Re: Nae, Lou never wanted a level field. He was forever

Feb 7, 2016, 11:05 AM

cutting corners. No love for that.

I worked with a former Holtz player and he told me a funny

Feb 7, 2016, 11:07 AM

story regarding Holtz.

This guy was a sophomore in Lou's first year.

After the season was over, Holtz called him into his office and said "Randy, you are a wonderful young man....but you are an awful football player. I recommend finding a small school to transfer to."

I thought it was funny but pretty dang honest.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Many on TNet love to make fun of Lou Holtz but after reading the attached article I now have

Feb 7, 2016, 11:14 AM

Excuse me, but I am supposed to show respect to someone who has never had anything but disdain for Clemson? He has shown through the years that he is NOT "bigger than that". NOT worthy of my respect.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Many on TNet love to make fun of Lou Holtz but after reading the attached article I now have

Feb 7, 2016, 11:31 AM

Do some research on how he treated people. He is a jerk

Feb 7, 2016, 11:32 AM

I have no beef with Holtz but i also don't care for his style.My
question about Holtz has alway's been, who does Skippy favor? Skippy
is 52 years old and Lou and his wife have been married 49 years.
My guess is Skippy is her genetic child but not Lou's.A plus for
Skippy.

Message was edited by: irmotig®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My orthopedist in Columbia, Bob Peele was the USuC team Dr

Feb 7, 2016, 11:42 AM

For many years but left in 2002.

He told me that he had to walk away from Holtz and the ##### because Holtz could care less about player safety. He told me that Holtz asked him on more than one occasion to get injured players shot up or temporarily fixed so they could play, even if it meant long term damage to the kid.

Hate what happened to his wife, but Holtz is a low character person with a funny schtick he parlayed into jobs. His record for professional integrity speaks for itself.

I am a bitter and angry man.

¿to be reading, si?

Feb 7, 2016, 11:54 AM

Under The Tarnished Dome: How Notre Dame Betrayd Ideals For Football Glory https://www.amazon.com/dp/0671899384/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_Ex3TwbZV7CZRY

the Lou Holtz that was is not the Lou Holtz of now...

Feb 7, 2016, 11:59 AM

obviously, but also sadly.

I first met Lou when he was coaching at William & Mary in 1969 or so. Man had a tremendous impact on the game of 70's and 80's, and was a top-flight commentator for a decade or more after that.

Lou's experience at USuCk changed him though, with some of his bitterness being how things were left at Notre Dame as well.

He's had his share of bad luck, I guess, but no more than anyone else.

So far as I am concerned, he took the USuCk job on his own and now he pays the price for it.

Any antipathy he feels towards Clemson - and there clearly is a good bit -

is simply an old man who stayed at the party way too long.

Feb 7, 2016, 11:59 AM

I don't like him much because of his lack of respect for Clemson but I'll never make fun of his lisp. That's a physical disability that he can't help. But some of the stories I've heard over the years he seems like a hypocrite. And at the end of the day he's forgotten more about football than I'll ever know.

he is still an aaaaa hole iny book

Feb 7, 2016, 12:11 PM

He took every opportunity to poke at Clemson justified or otherwise and the entire a-thee-thee.
He sold his sole to ESPN and a guy of great character will not act this way.. Mark May is the second aaaa hole as well

My two cents and u entitled to ur opinion but I disgaree.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

I agree with you on Mark May

Feb 7, 2016, 12:36 PM

He is That

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

are you kidding me?

Feb 7, 2016, 2:38 PM

trying to get out of columbia before the ncaa gets in town...he didnt want to coach his bowl bound team......neither did spurrier, who was trying to get his staff together......so, lets start a fight and then no bowl as punishment.....better yet we can embarrass clemson and bully them into giving up their bowl as well......nationally the pic of kelly kicking a player hits the airwaves, nobody asked why the player had his helmet off....it was because he was swinging it at our players.....said player then dives to the ground covering his head and crying like a little girl......holtz then screws over his own players by denying them their bowl money.........total total scumbag in my eyes.....i'll never forget the way he manipulated that whole situation.

Feb 7, 2016, 3:29 PM

Lou Holtz was a cheater. He was smart enough to stay one step ahead of the NCAA penalties, but the institutions that he left were the recipients of the penalties for recruiting violations.
He deserves no respect.

YHGTBSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Feb 7, 2016, 4:03 PM

I LOVE Holtz. He handed us Gaines Adams. RIP***

Feb 7, 2016, 4:08 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,324
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic