Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson-FSU game now sold out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson-FSU game now sold out

Sep 19, 2012, 10:31 AM

Clemson-FSU game now sold out

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson-FSU game now sold out

Sep 19, 2012, 10:32 AM

well it took long enough. no wonder they are losing money w that support

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They sold that Oklahoma game out quick last year BUT they

Sep 19, 2012, 10:37 AM

look down at us and think they are so much better just because of their decade plus run in the ACC. It took all the hype in the last week to sell this one out.

We had a team beating good football teams for a long time while FSU was still a woman's collge. Sorry but true Noles fans. We have more tradition and championships than you do in this league. We are not Duke or Wake Forest.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ticket prices doesn't help this cause either.

Sep 19, 2012, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson-FSU game now sold out ]

just sayin'

Re: Football Update: Clemson-FSU game now sold out

Sep 19, 2012, 10:39 AM

If this game was in death valley it would have been sold out a long time ago. Best fans in the country right here in clemson! Go tigers!!

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

Games that sellout late usually sellout to the visitors!

Sep 19, 2012, 10:55 AM

MAKE SOME NOISE AND GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whew!!! 4 days before the game??? Embarrassing!!!***

Sep 19, 2012, 10:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only that... but...

Sep 19, 2012, 11:27 AM

The tickets I bought on Stubhub 2 weeks ago were actually sold by Florida State. So they can thank the Nole fans all they want, but I'm guessing a lot of the credit goes to the Clemson fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whew!!! 4 days before the game??? Embarrassing!!!***

Sep 19, 2012, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Whew!!! 4 days before the game??? Embarrassing!!!*** ]

This is funny considering Clemson didnt sell out the visitor section. You cant talk about being the best fan base and not have enough fans come down for the biggest game of the regular season. Your school requested less than the full allotment of vistitor tickets and then act like its a big deal when that gets sold out yet FSU has to make up for your fans not holding up their end and has to buy up the rest of the visitor section.

Heard you had 68,000 for Wake Forest. We had 81,500 for

Sep 19, 2012, 11:33 AM

Furman.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

apples to oranges. home game for yall in the capital city

Sep 19, 2012, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Whew!!! 4 days before the game??? Embarrassing!!!*** ]

Fl. It's an 8 hour drive for most clemson fans. like the poster above said, we were full for furman and it looked like yall had half a stadium for a conference game against a team that has beaten you more times than not in the last few years.

Just give it up.

Your facts are misleading

Sep 19, 2012, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Whew!!! 4 days before the game??? Embarrassing!!!*** ]

FSU was selling tickets on Stubhub. I bought tickets in Section 10, right behind the Clemson bench. The tickets were delivered electronically by the seller. The seller was Florida State.

Giving the choice of sitting in the "Visitors Section" or on the 50 yard line behind my team, I chose the 50 yard line. No doubt, many other Clemson fans did the same.

The real fact is that FSU has had trouble selling tickets for nearly 10 years. There's no way of spinning a sellout only a few days before the game other than FSU fans having little interest in their team. You may be a super-fan... but FSU as a whole doesn't seem to have as many folks like you as does Clemson.

Unless you paid face value

Sep 19, 2012, 12:48 PM

You did not buy your tickets from FSU.

The tickets FSU has been selling are in the corner, with the CU fans, as they were tickets CU returned.

Kind of a pointless argument.....BOTH these schools

Sep 19, 2012, 12:56 PM

have a well-earned reputation for putting big crowds in a big stadium and especially for travelling well to away games. In fact, other than VaTech, there's not another school in the ACC who brings the kind of numbers to away games that FlaSt and Clemson bring......and both the 'Noles and Tigers have bigger home stadiums than VaTech.

There's no question that FlaSt and Clemson carry the football fanhood banners for the entire ACC

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big stadiums are getting harder to fill across the board

Sep 19, 2012, 1:02 PM

I would think the two main factors are what is often thrown out there: big High def TV's, and the cost .

Re: Big stadiums are getting harder to fill across the board

Sep 19, 2012, 1:20 PM

and ticket costs and booster club fees will only get higher in the years to come.....not to mention concession costs, parking fees (for those who don't get parking passes), gasoline, hotels, etc, etc.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the text from the email w/ my tickets

Sep 19, 2012, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Unless you paid face value ]

I purchased these tickets on Stubhub.com.

"Attached please find the Print-At-Home tickets you recently purchased from the Florida State Athletics Ticket Office.

Please print these tickets on any standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper and bring them to the event.

Each ticket is individually bar coded and required for admission.

If your tickets are lost or damaged please call the Athletic Ticket Office at 1.888.FSU.NOLE or 1.888.378.6653 so that your tickets may be reprinted.

Note to purchaser: Treat these tickets as you would any other ticket. Do not attempt to duplicate or alter the ticket(s).

Please Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4 or higher is required. Go to http://www.adobe.com to download your free copy of the software if you don't already have it.

Go 'Noles!"

So you tell me... Does that appear to you that FSU is selling tickets on Stubhub.com? Looks that way to me.

Also...

Sep 19, 2012, 1:57 PM

The email containing the tickets were sent to me from ticketoffice@seminoles.com.

Again, purchased on Stubhub.com

To me, the proof will be all of the Clemson orange in the stands outside of the allocated visitor seating in the corner of the endzone.

That FSU is selling tickets on stubhub, especially excellent seats on the 50 indicates that they have very poor season ticket sales.

No, it doesn't

Sep 19, 2012, 2:16 PM

FSU is partnered with Stubhub. I guess what you got is what it looks like when a booster sells his tickets electronically. i assume you paid over face. FSU would not do that.

Those are some booster's season tix. That area has no empty seats.

Re: Whew!!! 4 days before the game??? Embarrassing!!!***

Sep 19, 2012, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Whew!!! 4 days before the game??? Embarrassing!!!*** ]

Most fans I know buy tickets elsewhere to get better seats. Nobody wants the crappy visitor section when we can sit in your good seats and watch you get beat from a better perspective.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU fans claim we sent back 3-4K Tickets, then sold out our

Sep 19, 2012, 11:45 AM

remaining allotment. Which is what was reported on Clemsontigers.com. That clemson sold out the allotment. Was that after we sent back 3-4k? Or is that an FSU rumor? We sold all of the allotted tickets from FSU, which is what? 7-8k?

Not getting into a "peeing" contest but I heard we sent back

Sep 19, 2012, 1:10 PM

around 3,000 tix last week. That's how one of the FSU ath dept twitter accounts spun it.

We will have a good crowd, but I think the bowl game and Auburn game really made it tough for a lot of fans who usually travel regularly.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic