Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jack can't win the big games, conf. titles, or the CWS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Jack can't win the big games, conf. titles, or the CWS

May 27, 2013, 9:21 AM

and it's been about 20 years since he's won an ACC title if what I've read is correct. If it's not then he only won one or two in the last 20 years.

Not a great record for Clemson in the ACC when Clemson use to own the conf. and won ACC Championships on a regular basis.

His record is awful in the regional and CWS again USC and it's not been great in the regualar season against USC over the last 4 or 5 years.

So the general though is great needs to go. While I agree a great deal with that I ask who then does Clemson hire.

I don't think Clemson could pull the former coaches back to Clemson, Sully at Florida, or the Vandy and Auburn coaches. I think they are all happy and make a lot of money and have established programs.

I would hope the entire staff at Clemson would go or keep the one man who's in charge of recruiting. At least keep him for a year to allow the new staff to get in and establish itself in the area.

Could Clemson lure the VA. coach, the head assist. from N.C., the pitching coach from USC who has put together a great staff over the years at USC. Maybe the HC at Miss. ST or Indiana who both have done very well at programs with much less history.

Maybe the Louisville coach who has really put together some good programs there and a program that I don't think has the history of Clemson.

Or where do they go, who do they get to replace Jack.

That could be a tough find but I think the line would be long because many coaches would love to have a facility like Clemson and a top 10 fan supported program.

Clemson deserves better and fans who support the teams and puts Clemson in the top 10 in attendance deserve better than what they have gotten the last 10 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See my post below for reality.***

May 27, 2013, 9:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: See my post below for reality.***

May 27, 2013, 9:40 AM

That's pretty real!

anybody would leave vandy to coach Clemson. Just because

May 27, 2013, 10:12 AM

they have 1 good season you call them established. LOL

Corbin has had several good seasons.***

May 27, 2013, 10:17 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vandy had made the NCAAs 3 times in its history

May 27, 2013, 10:32 AM [ in reply to anybody would leave vandy to coach Clemson. Just because ]

before Corbin was hired.

Since Corbin was hired, Vandy has been to the NCAA 9 times in 11 years, currently 8 years in a row. And he just set the all-time best regular season SEC record (26-3).

His post-season has been spotty though, but saying "one good season" is compete crap.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I can say is...

May 27, 2013, 11:13 AM

Good thing for Bill Wielham that Tigernet wasn't around when he coached....

Re: anybody would leave vandy to coach Clemson. Just because

May 27, 2013, 11:11 AM [ in reply to anybody would leave vandy to coach Clemson. Just because ]

Don't count on it...

congrats on validating your lack of knowledge of clemson

May 27, 2013, 11:12 AM

baseball we won the ACC in 2006

WoW, it's not my lack of knowledge, its been so long

May 29, 2013, 4:35 PM

since they have won and so seldom under Jack I had forgotten the year.

Congrats on the orange glasses you can't see through.

Forgetting the year and saying 20+ years is completely

May 29, 2013, 5:12 PM

different. You lack knowledge, you simply went on a long rant for no real purpose but to b1tch and moan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Forgetting the year and saying 20+ years is completely

May 29, 2013, 6:48 PM

Here's a point for you Soccer - but it is clearly going to be outweighed by the 20+ TDs I end up giving this guy (I give TDs the same way he counts years). So my percentage is probably still about to drop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WoW, it's not my lack of knowledge, its been so long

May 29, 2013, 6:46 PM [ in reply to WoW, it's not my lack of knowledge, its been so long ]

Yes, because 11 Super Regionals and 6 College World Series appearances in 19 seasons is certainly a legacy of seldom winning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2013, 7:30 PM

But getting beat by the Coots 2 times and sent home in the CWS and only having to win 1 to advance? Not one Time but in 2 CWS's with the best team by far in 2006.That my friend was pitiful and not going to talk about last years trip to Cootville.The UNC game last week or UCon,Jack has had his share of head scratching moments.

May 29, 2013, 7:49 PM

That's a much different assertion and discussion than the OP was having. Really 2006 is the only one I feel like you can begrudge the coach at all. Yes, we hate losing to SCAr, but they have gone on to play in 3 titles games. If Dabo deserves the benefit of the doubt for losing to the best SCar football teams in the history of the program can Jack not be extended the same benefit of the doubt for losing to what is - bar none - the greatest sports team in the entire history of that school. Should SCar have fired Mark Berson at soccer for losing to Ibrahim? Seems like similar situation.

May 29, 2013, 7:58 PM

All im saying is in the big games that matter most Jacks record is not to good.JL is a good coach but has he done all he can do?

It's all relative...

May 29, 2013, 5:25 PM [ in reply to congrats on validating your lack of knowledge of clemson ]

When the world communicated via mail carried by Pony Express riders and crossing the Atlantic took a month, six years probably seemed like a short time.

These days six years can seem like a lifetime. Especially to recruits who were ten years old when it happened.

7 years isn't quite 20.***

May 29, 2013, 5:12 PM

Finished 4th in the country twice.***

May 29, 2013, 7:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic