Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
any of yall ever vacationed in Marrakech?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 379

any of yall ever vacationed in Marrakech?

Dec 5, 2018, 1:37 PM

thinking of a trip in March for me and wife of

safe?
would you go again?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All aboard the train.***

Dec 5, 2018, 1:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

This guy did

Dec 5, 2018, 1:41 PM

@DavidCrosby

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

drugwars? Anyone? kids of the 80's?

Dec 5, 2018, 1:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KDE was an awesome desktop.

Dec 5, 2018, 1:47 PM

But at that point in time it was kinda like "Well, I have a linux box. Now what?"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You won't believe this, but,

Dec 5, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to drugwars? Anyone? kids of the 80's? ]

I loved that game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never. do you really want to go there or do you just like

Dec 5, 2018, 1:54 PM

being able to tell people you are vacationing in Marrakech? cuz it sounds exotic af.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really do want to go there. I've never been to

Dec 5, 2018, 2:48 PM

North Africa. I imagine the people are nicer than Yankees in any event

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bali. Got to Bali.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bali. Got to Bali.

Dec 6, 2018, 7:40 AM

Overrated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be sure to toke up with some good weed and a hukah

Dec 5, 2018, 6:55 PM [ in reply to I really do want to go there. I've never been to ]

It's legally illegal there so almost everyone smokes it but doesn't.

Oh, and try some mint tea. Seriously. They drink hot tea with mint in it. Amazing. I brought back the recipe and converted the recipe and methods to southern sweet tea. It's awesome. If you're a guy, they're nice. Women are treated well as long as they're covered at least with long pants, closed shoes, and long shirt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just go to Torremolinos in southern Spain

Dec 5, 2018, 1:59 PM

and take a day trip to Morocco.

I was there in ‘84 and took the ship to Tangiers on an overnight trip. It was awful. There was a heavy stench of death in the streets with no upside.

I don’t figure you for a hash/weed guy. So, unless you want to go just to buy a bunch of tapestries and junk, go, but don’t stay very long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks that a good idea***

Dec 5, 2018, 2:49 PM

I have a colleague who went to that area last year.

Dec 5, 2018, 2:00 PM

Morocco, Tunisia, Algiers, that whole North Africa thing. They were accompanied by security everywhere they went (it was with a group). She said she felt safe and welcomed but obviously one would feel safe when accompanied by a security detail.

That said, I'd love to go if I knew it was safe. Would love to see, or even better, drive on the Atlas Mountains. Would love to see some of the Mediterranean towns and Marrakech.

Just don't wind up in a Turkish prison cuz you were jonesing for some hash.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not interested in the hash, just the food, culture, scenery***

Dec 5, 2018, 2:50 PM

with some good hash, you'll enjoy the food and scenery MORE

Dec 5, 2018, 3:07 PM

true fact

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can get hash at The Piggly Wiggly. Why travel to ......

Dec 5, 2018, 11:16 AM

a foreign country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We thought about doing that Tangier-Casablanca-Marrakesh

Dec 5, 2018, 4:12 PM

swing when we were in Spain years ago, but we couldn't make it work in the itinerary. I'd still like to do that, but I have no idea how safe it is these days.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tangier is the closest I've been.

Dec 5, 2018, 6:51 PM

If you take a woman, make sure she is wearing long sleeves and pants and showing as little skin as possible when you step off the plane or set foot in Morocco.

You owe it to yourself to spend a week in Marbella, nearby in Spain first. Enjoy the weed and nude beaches. Then hop a 10-mile ferry to a different world. Basically like getting on a boat and crossing Lake Murray and going from one world to an entirely different one. It takes a lot to shock me. I don't generally DO culture shock. Been to too many. But Spain is as left leaning and open as they get (compared to US especially). Morocco makes a Southern Baptist convention look like a Playboy photo shoot.

tml

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice...

Dec 5, 2018, 9:49 PM

Decent advice in this blog

http://annaeverywhere.com/marrakesh-travel-tips/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

I try to vacation in my yard.

Dec 6, 2018, 8:20 AM

Even living in cracktown it's safer than leaving the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 379
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic