Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
what kind of person returns their Christmas gifts?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 329

what kind of person returns their Christmas gifts?

Dec 28, 2014, 8:30 PM

I'm seeing all these lines of people returning things, and just don't get it.

I can honestly say that I have never returned one thing I have gotten as a gift to a store. I don't even know how you would do it (do you actually ask the person where he/she bought it? Are you now supposed to include the receipt in the gift package?). My "gifting etiquette" differs strongly from the rest of America evidently.

If I receive something I don't want or cannot wear, I usually just give it to Goodwill somewhere down the line. To me, taking it back to a store would be highly insulting, unless it was the wrong size or something major was wrong with it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had to return something yesterday.

Dec 28, 2014, 8:56 PM

Joonyer gave me a couple of boxes of crossbow bolts. Right length, but Wicked Ridge crossbows after 2013 require omni nocks instead of the half moon nocks he gave me. I read as much as I could find on the subject before returning them...some folks say they shoot half moon or flat nocks anyway but shooting anything other than omni nocks voids the warranty. Since he wasn't sure exactly what I needed, he included the receipt in case they had to be returned. But yes, I agree with you for the most part when it comes to the etiquette of accepting gifts. That said, most large retailers give you a gift receipt that does not show what you paid for the item of clothing in case the article needs to be exchanged for size.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm reading that 20% of gifts are being returned

Dec 28, 2014, 9:16 PM

that's insane.

Your case is certainly understandable, that's like getting the wrong caliber ammo.

Coincidentally, I bought my brother a crossbow for Christmas. Judging from the evil grin of glee on his face, he certainly won't be returning it. He mentioned something about armadillo-kebobs. I bought him some extra bolts so I understand Jr's pain. It is confusing as there are way too many choices out there for nocks, heads, lengths & weights....

Are these people "exchanging" for the same product but different size/color/etc or "returning" for refund? I'm led to believe they are returning things for money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The guy in front of me at customer service in Academy

Dec 28, 2014, 9:34 PM

yesterday was trying to get cash, but his gift had been paid with a credit card so they would only give him a store gift card or refund to the credit card. I tried to exchange, but Academy did not carry omni nock bolts and luckily Joonyer had paid with a debit card so they gave me cash. I went to three places before finally finding bolts with the omni nock at the fourth and final try, and they only had a few in stock. Everywhere else said Ten Point/Wicked Ridge wouldn't even ship again until after the middle of January.

I shot a dozen or so different crossbows at a couple of different demo days and really liked the Wicked Ridge for the money, but the omni nock requirement is definitely a downside. The omnis are about a dollar more expensive on average for aluminum bolts. There doesn't seem to be a carbon bolt omni anywhere in Rock Hill. At least I have enough to start practicing with before turkey season, LOL!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would rather return something than have it sit around in

Dec 28, 2014, 9:12 PM

way for a year or two, then give a perfectly good, brand new thing to Goodwill. I return mostly clothes I don't like or are the wrong size. Hardly anything else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't get gifts so no problem***

Dec 28, 2014, 9:18 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We returned some of the blocks that SonOfGreenr got.

Dec 29, 2014, 6:37 AM

Because he got three other sets of blocks including those identical ones. #### don't need that many Duplo blocks.

Legos is a different story.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The kind of person that gets an ice scraper and windshield..

Dec 29, 2014, 7:21 AM

wipers. When they don't own a car, and live in South Carolina.

True story - that was what my mom got my brother for Christmas the last one I was on speaking terms with them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you live in the South without a car?***

Dec 29, 2014, 9:08 AM

Ask people for rides every where.

Dec 29, 2014, 9:10 AM

Get shuttled around by your significant other, etc.

My younger brother turned 30 this year. How he has never had a driver's license is beyond me.

a....normal person??

Dec 29, 2014, 10:28 AM

if something is 'off' w/ it, then why not? incorrect size, wrong item, compatability issues w/ tech ....

I got something that I already had two of (which is already one too many)....should I goodwill it, or exchange it for something that I can use?

now, if you're returning stuff for cash to support you pron addiction, well...that's a different story.

unless you're into asian stuff....then it's ok.

A bad one. I recall one year, my Grandmother didn't

Dec 29, 2014, 10:45 AM

leave any tags on anything she got some of my cousins. Said right in front of everybody else she didn't want my uncle's wife to just return stuff.

My grandmother had a way of being hateful towards her son's wives.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 329
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic