Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy Bowden yucking it up about Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Tommy Bowden yucking it up about Dabo

Oct 23, 2013, 8:21 AM

790 AM in Atlanta. Said he couldn't believe Dabo made the 5 of 10 comment. Asked if Dabo had watched the film yet. Wasn't a big deal but I figured it was worth repeating. Bowden's tone said a lot...very snide, IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A little jealous

Oct 23, 2013, 8:24 AM

because Clemson is about to win 10 games for a third straight season.

ESPN has an article in the headlines about Dabo's comments, too. I probably would not have said it just because I think we should be focused on MD now. However, I think most reasonable people realize we spotted them 17 points off untimely turnovers, and then it pretty much snowballed from there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Little my ###.

Oct 23, 2013, 8:55 AM

Dabo has a coaching job, Tommy's been downgraded to a voice on a radio and a talking head on a sports show.

I remember when the cardiologist told me I'd never work again, it's pretty traumatic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was my biggest problem with TB

Oct 23, 2013, 8:26 AM

He never truly believed Clemson belonged in the upper echelon of college football with the likes of Diddy's FSU

... well, that and losing to WF & Dook on a regular basis

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody needs to call in and tell him he invented

Oct 23, 2013, 8:27 AM

"Pulling a Clemson." He's just pi$$ed that both he and his daddy were ran outta town.

null

Re: Somebody needs to call in and tell him he invented

Oct 23, 2013, 9:24 AM

Very glad we made the change. He had taken us as far as he was capable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and thank him for whipping SCAR most of the time.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Somebody needs to call in and tell him he invented ]

xx

in his defense it was an odd thing to say after getting.....

Oct 23, 2013, 8:32 AM

the crap beat out of you at home.

I don't think any coach should make a hypothetical comment like that regardless of the situation

All hypotheticals are ridiculous

Oct 23, 2013, 8:38 AM

and absurd. It's fun to sit there and speculate with your buddies over a beer, but for coaches and players to talk about them on any level is pointless. The best way to make a statement about the type of team we are is to pound every team left on our schedule, and then pound whatever team we play in a bowl game. Do that, and we won't need hypothetical nonsense because we'll be 12-1, ranked in the top-5, and the envy of 99% of programs out there.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

THIS!

Oct 23, 2013, 9:07 AM

you just snapped me out of my haze. thank you! now let's blow the rest of these ####### out

Re: THIS!

Oct 23, 2013, 9:11 AM

Could not agree more. Tommy was at Clemson for the paycheck. I read a couple years ago about how Tommy was never a good fit, the article said: "He went to church in Easley and ate dinner in Greenville." Only was in Clemson to work.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could not agree more***

Oct 23, 2013, 9:26 AM [ in reply to All hypotheticals are ridiculous ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Honestly, many of us could believe it either. Tommy's right.***

Oct 23, 2013, 8:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree. Dabo's statement was off base.

Oct 23, 2013, 8:35 AM

But Tommy's tone said more than anything. Not that anyone would ever accuse Tommy of being a warm individual.

Hard for me to seriously bash TB.

Oct 23, 2013, 8:34 AM

He brought us the West End Zone, which begat James Davis, which begat CJ, which begat Tajh and this group we got now. Hate to see where we never had TB. I've always said TB was a great coach Sunday through Friday, just had his issues on Saturday.

Tommy seemed aloof, kept bad coaches too long, didn't win the ACC.

Oct 23, 2013, 8:36 AM

Other than that he did a good job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While Tommy did some good things for Clemson....

Oct 23, 2013, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Hard for me to seriously bash TB. ]

he was entirely too prideful and stubborn to change or to admit that what he was trying to do was not working even when everyone else in the free world could see it.

As a result of his aloof attitude he was never fully embraced by the Clemson community or, unlike Dabo, viewed as a real "Clemson man". Bowden never really cared about Clemson IMO. To him, it was just a job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Wow. That's just sad.***

Oct 23, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Hard for me to seriously bash TB. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy Bowden yucking it up about Dabo

Oct 23, 2013, 8:39 AM

Its like coots bashing Lou

Lou brought in some good players 2 wins over Ohio St

Decent bowl games and things that had never happened, then SPurrier took them to back to back 11 win seasons

TB brought in plenty of good things including spanking his rival year in year out

Sure he lost a few games he shouldn't have but he did bring in some talent , west endzone, wins over USC brought in money from boosters, and Dabo. he is the only one who would help him get back in coaching and years later ACC champs BCS bowl etc

TB isn't all bad, he is a Tiger and did a ton for the university

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TB did a ton for the university

Oct 23, 2013, 8:57 AM

alright, he took a ton of our money. And gave us a lot of frustration in return. Never acted like he gave a crap about CLEMSON. All he cared about was a paycheck and being in his daddy's will!

Haven't seen it so taking your word for it. Granted, Dabo

Oct 23, 2013, 8:46 AM

should not have said such a stupid statement, Tommy has no room to talk. He was in the ACC while FSU was down, and still could not win it. He should keep his comments to himself as Dabo should have "not gone there". Tommy said a lot of things while here that he should have bitten his tongue on.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

I'd link if I could...

Oct 23, 2013, 10:41 AM

...he was on this AM with Alge Crumpler and some other dude on 790.

He'd say that after we lost to Duke or Wake.***

Oct 23, 2013, 8:48 AM

there's a reason Tommy's doing radio now***

Oct 23, 2013, 8:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We lost five games one year for lack of a FG kicker.

Oct 23, 2013, 8:51 AM

At least Dabo didn't have to use Tommy's 'five points from an undefeated season,' line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's teams would run Tommy out of the stadium

Oct 23, 2013, 9:01 AM

There is a very good reason why Tommy Bowden is no longer in coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Dabo's teams would run Tommy out of the stadium

Oct 23, 2013, 9:05 AM

^^^What he said.

It was a really dumb thing for Dabo to say. I guess when you have a coach that loves to talk and talk the way Dabo does, you're bound to have something stupid come out now and again. Now, Tommy might be right, but in regards to Clemson he should have kept that to himself. Tommy can't hold Dabo's jockstrap in the coaching department.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy Bowden yucking it up about Dabo

Oct 23, 2013, 10:00 AM

Bowden couldn't win 10 games here if his life depended on it, he's done as a coach!!!

It's the most embarassing thing Dabo's said...

Oct 23, 2013, 10:02 AM

..that I can remember.

He should be taken to task for having the nerve. What does it even say. My awesome team who could not even lose with a dignified score could manage a single win if the game was played multiple times.

There is nothing to do but own up to the loss and make improvements. Supposition is worthless in CFB. Playing the same team in a season is extremely rare so it's nuts to even talk about it.

Dabo is Tommy's Curse***

Oct 23, 2013, 10:10 AM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic