Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How annoying is constantly being told to vote, from 1-10?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 301

How annoying is constantly being told to vote, from 1-10?

Nov 6, 2018, 3:06 PM

Especially by the people who you know are all about virtue signalling and who aren't really civically active, and who assume that everybody will/must vote like they do and that THIS ELECTION IS SUPER SUPER IMPORTANT? What if you're just not that interested in what's on the ballot, or you don't think any of the people or parties on the ballot deserve your vote? What if you're just not that well informed?

I say 7

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've been telling me since 7 a.m., so my experience

Nov 6, 2018, 3:07 PM

is even worse than yours.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The people who are super proud of voting are worse***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean you haven't posted a selfie of yourself with your

Nov 6, 2018, 3:18 PM

"I Voted" sticker on all your social media accounts? Where's the spirit, man?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and talk about "dog whistles" - the reminders to vote

Nov 6, 2018, 3:08 PM

really mean go vote yourself a piece of someone else's money

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

23. Because I mailed in my ballot a week and a half ago.

Nov 6, 2018, 3:09 PM

I put it on par with the closet soccer non-fans that erupt from nothingness every four years for the World Cup and treat you as a traitor if you aren't painting your face and screaming for every US match.

Well except for this year, because the US's suckage was extra and they didn't go to the World Cup.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, call me elitist, but if the only reason I voted

Nov 6, 2018, 3:12 PM

was Bob the Barista's instagram post telling me to, perhaps I should be more strongly considering the gravity of the process.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking if they didn't designate the candidate

Nov 6, 2018, 3:37 PM

as Dem or Rep on the ballot a chit ton of people wouldn't shot up to vote and save the rest of us time in line.

spoken like a true libel.***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: spoken like a true libel.***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:41 PM

I only rolled out of bed and went to vote b/c I have a liberal friend who said she can't wait to go vote. She going to vote straight Dem and she was excited to tell anyone who'd listen to her. I voted straight Rep to null her vote.

Did you go straight to the polls in your pajamas

Nov 6, 2018, 3:43 PM

Walmart-style?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, I showered 1st and put on clothes

Nov 6, 2018, 3:48 PM

I made sure to wear my UnderArmor hoodie so all of the Kaepernick fans would know who Im voting for

Dude.

Nov 6, 2018, 3:51 PM

ALWAYS wear your NRA gear to the polls. It makes way more of a statement.

Would be hard to choose between my muggsy bogues

Nov 6, 2018, 3:52 PM

and dan majerle jersey

Voting is actually an ENORMOUS pain in the posterior region.

Nov 6, 2018, 3:42 PM

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO TYPE YOUR OWN NAME INTO 15 DIFFERENT RACES ON THOSE STUPID LITTLE KEYBOARDS?!!?!?

Yours didn't have a vote straight warlord button?***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:53 PM

It's a very backwards and tech-unfriendly district.***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:54 PM

Nov 6, 2018, 4:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUteENfFhGs

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

People posting that #### sticker are worse than the folks

Nov 6, 2018, 4:08 PM

that still post their car temp in July.

Also, those stickers can't be good of the environment so half of those self righteous ##### out to not take one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 4:11 PM

#### you voters. How do you have time to keep up with ######## local politicians?

Good job contributing to society staying out of work today to stand in line for that too.

I just checked Facebook, and it's awful

Nov 6, 2018, 4:27 PM

I have the perfect combo of a bunch of liberal friends who like to share overly passionate, self-righteous stuff on social media and less ideological friends... who also work in politics. So pretty much my whole feed is full of this stuff.

Here was the most annoying post, from somebody who quit her job where I work to apply for law school while her husband works, and who has been volunteering for the fat billionaire Democrat running against the skinny billionaire Republican where I live:

"Today we all have the power to do something amazing for this country, and all it takes is a vote. So tell your employer you're stepping out (they have to let you go), go cast your ballot, and then use your most fundamental American right as an excuse to linger a while before heading back to the office. ***FYI: IF YOU ARE IN ILLINOIS YOU CAN REGISTER AT THE POLLS!***

Voting is both easy and important, and everyone is doing it. Getting to the polls is also the easiest way to avoid the embarrassment and anxiety you'll face when people find out you didn't vote (voter rolls are public people).

LET'S DO THIS."

This was followed up with a graphic that said, "VOTE: Everybody's Doing It" which is a distillation of why a lot of people shouldn't be voting.

Re: How annoying is constantly being told to vote, from 1-10?

Nov 6, 2018, 4:42 PM

Might be in the minority

Nov 6, 2018, 5:06 PM

But I tell stupid people NOT to vote. I want as few people voting as possible in general. That way my ballot makes up a larger percentage of total cast.

In conclusion, anyone under 30, anyone who isn't outside the bottom tax bracket, or anyone who does the woohoo shouldn't vote. hth.

Replies: 22
| visibility 301
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic