Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight

Apr 26, 2018, 11:44 PM

IMO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree***

Apr 26, 2018, 11:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight

Apr 26, 2018, 11:45 PM

Im just glad we don't have to see him on the field again!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2018, 11:46 PM

agreed with a good coach he could be Deshaun with slightly less accuracy

And slightly less smarts and leadership skills.***

Apr 26, 2018, 11:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and worse decision making ability***

Apr 27, 2018, 6:31 PM

and more likely to turn the ball over***

Apr 27, 2018, 6:32 PM

and more likely to mentally quit midgame***

Apr 27, 2018, 6:32 PM

but basically the same as deshaun***

Apr 27, 2018, 6:33 PM

I think he will be a good one too after a couple of years.

Apr 26, 2018, 11:52 PM

He is a freak. I bet if he was a little more eloquent, okay a lot more, fans would be thinking he should be a top 10 pick.

Apr 26, 2018, 11:55 PM

So what happens with ole Joe in a year or two?

He is getting old, but he is also going into the last year..

Apr 26, 2018, 11:59 PM

of his guaranteed contract.

Balt can get out of his contract after next season, so he’s

Apr 27, 2018, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight ]

gone. Plus he hasn’t been good for awhile.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Balt can get out of his contract after next season, so he’s

Apr 27, 2018, 12:15 AM

He's been hurt. The line has been hurt. he hasn't have a receiving corp. I think he has a couple more years in him if the pieces around him are good.

too brittle, I think he’s done***

Apr 27, 2018, 12:16 AM

God, do you have a document you are pulling those excuses

Apr 27, 2018, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Balt can get out of his contract after next season, so he’s ]

from? What about the sun getting in his eyes and the dog eating his playbook?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's been done***

Apr 27, 2018, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight ]

Apr 27, 2018, 12:25 AM

your entitled but the NFL's best coach/team picked two Dawgs in tonight's 1st rd. Gata boys!

Apr 27, 2018, 12:34 AM

BB hasn't gotten much out of his 1st round picks since 2012, but whatever helps you sleep at night. It might just be easier to use a thundershirt though.

Well, they drafted an OG to play tackle and a RB when they

Apr 27, 2018, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight ]

already had at least 3 others on their roster that will see significant playing time.

Are you saying Gator Boys? Seriously. What the hell is gata boys?

Apr 27, 2018, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Get After Their A$$ -- Erk Russell

Apr 27, 2018, 1:34 AM

A pretty damm good saying for the football field. Phrase coined by outstanding defensive tactician and spiritual leader of the Junkyard Dogs and UGA Bulldogs during Vince Dooley regime, defensive coordinator Erk Russell, who became the founder and arguably best head coach ever in I-AA history at Georgia Southern University. Became the theme for Ga Southern football and still is ...

I am Clemson through and through but came to know Erk during his tenure at Ga Southern University. An all-time great and someone I project the excellent Brent Venables has spent some time studying and emulating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1.. It crossrd my mind it was an acronym, but the

Apr 27, 2018, 1:44 AM

thought of UGA guy making hand signs and saying Gata Boyyyeeezz was funnier.

Good knowledge! Thanks for the insight!

null

+1.. It crossrd my mind it was an acronym, but the

Apr 27, 2018, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Get After Their A$$ -- Erk Russell ]

thought of UGA guy making hand signs and saying Gata Boyyyeeezz was funnier.

Good knowledge! Thanks for the insight!

null

Right, SDawg...yeah....

Apr 27, 2018, 6:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight ]

Well, maybe they'll win something in the League, then. It didn't happen in Athens...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really embodies everything that is dawg doesn't it.***

Apr 27, 2018, 8:23 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Maybe you didn't watch the Super Bowl but the NFL's

Apr 27, 2018, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight ]

best team traded the 32nd pick to the Ravens. Hth

Also, with all those draft picks in the first round UGAy must have won a lot of SEC and National Championship titles. How many did y'all win?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Apr 27, 2018, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight ]

It’s going to be so funny watching the melt down when UGA is back to normal this season.
I will give you 10-2 because your schedule is pitiful.
Then Bama will steam roll you and prolly a bowl loss
So 10-4.
You see CLEMSON now in rebuilding years still go to the CLP
This season however is not a rebuild, it’s going to suck for you watching those Tigers win #3.

SD nothing personal but why do you come on here

Apr 27, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight ]

Spewing that opinion when you know it's a Clemson board? I don't go to other school's boards and troll and I you are not all that difficult on here I just wonder why you don't spend time on your own team's board?
Most on here don't want to hear your opinion on how wonderful Georgia is in your mind and there are several forums out there that would love to hear and promote such an opinion. So shy come here?
Sure I like almost everyone and your welcome here I just find it mind blowing why someone would rather brag on his team on our board instead among your own.
Go Tigers

because he is a loser...Sometimes it really is just that

Apr 27, 2018, 5:51 PM

simple....That guy is a loser, that's why he comes to a Clemson board to tell us all about his precious dawgs

Disagree

Apr 27, 2018, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight ]

At least from the pats standpoint. There are questions if Wynn can move to Tackle where the patriots have a need. They get a good player regardless, but if they are expecting him to play tackle that could be a work in progress.

Michell is a very good back and was picked where he should have been but it's a stupid pick for a team that devalues the RB position and regularly rotates 4 backs within the season and even within a game. Unless the pats plan to change their philosophy and start using a primary ball carrier why spend a 1st round pick on a guy that wont be on the field for 2/3 of the offensive snaps.

Good player, bad place for him to be productive.

Apr 27, 2018, 6:08 AM

We have faced Baker, Ridley, Edmunds brothers, Hurst, Derwin, and the list goes on.

Lamar is the only player on that list that scares you and as Clemson fans want to see move on. He wouldn’t have started at Clemson only because of Deshaun but dude could play. The others on that list maybe provide quality depth?

Ridley,Hurst, Derwin, and both Edmunds...

Apr 27, 2018, 6:13 AM

would have started for us. Lamar would have started for us for 1 year.

Re: Ridley,Hurst, Derwin, and both Edmunds...

Apr 27, 2018, 6:46 AM

Derwin yes. Hurst only 1 year (went no due to his choice of college showing bad judgement), Ridley would have played but not strated, and Lamar yes for last year. Edmund brothers maybe... who would you have benched last 2 years in favor of them?

The fact that you think Ridley wouldn't have started for us

Apr 27, 2018, 7:09 AM

makes you not worth going into all of it. Ridley would have been a lock to start for us. At one point, whether 1 year or more, all of those guys would have started for us.

Re: The fact that you think Ridley wouldn't have started for us

Apr 27, 2018, 7:48 AM

Ridley was a deep threat guy who stretches the field. He’s not really an underneath guy so while more talented he probably doesn’t play the 2 man. Stating it again he’s a speed guy, not a poesssion guy so not sure 5 man is his position. That leaves 9 man. You taking Ridley over Mike Williams? Deon Cain absolutely he starts over, MW no. So give me your explanation where he and the others fit in, would love to hear some logic behind your statements instead of just telling me how dumb I am.

So you're saying Ridley would not have started at

Apr 27, 2018, 8:38 AM

Clemson, but he would have started over Cain?

Pick a lane!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So you're saying Ridley would not have started at

Apr 27, 2018, 9:35 AM

Ya I was looking at it over there entire career when I made my first statement, which I stand by. He would not have started over MW and although more talented I’m not sure positinally he would have. But if you look at just last year then I’m definitely not arguing Deon Cain is better. So my bad... try my best to clear it up he would not have been a day 1 starter like a Sammy but he would have started last year.

Ridley has great hands, solid size, great route runner,

Apr 27, 2018, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: The fact that you think Ridley wouldn't have started for us ]

and good speed. We could have placed him anywhere. He would have been starting and we would have wedged him there no matter what. He will be great with the Falcons as well. He'a stud. As a matter of fact, although he was the main guy, Bama's O kind of didn't let him shine as much as he even could, yet he still did awesome.

uh, i'm all for partying and having a good time

Apr 27, 2018, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: The fact that you think Ridley wouldn't have started for us ]

but, not by drinking myself silly by 9:30a on a friday morning

calvin ridley would have started here all day, every day

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Lamar Jackson would have started at Clemson

Apr 27, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably not popular here, but Lamar best pick tonight ]

And truth be told, if he had come to Clemson he would probably have 2 national championship rings; 1 as DW4's backup and 1 as the starter.

Re: Lamar Jackson would have started at Clemson

Apr 27, 2018, 9:00 AM

hypothetically if he did come here and played last season, He's about the same passer as KB. Better Runner. Season would have ended the same

Apr 27, 2018, 9:41 AM

he can sling it. no line at louisville. thats why he always ran

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I disagree. Lamar played behind an awful OL

Apr 27, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Lamar Jackson would have started at Clemson ]

with a mediocre at best running game and very average receivers at Louisville (James Quick was decent). Don't get me wrong, he was not on DW4's level, but he can make a lot of very good throws.

His WRs were awful, 8.5% of his passes dropped.***

Apr 27, 2018, 10:08 AM

Seriously, KB makes him look like Aaron Rodgers and he

Apr 27, 2018, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Lamar Jackson would have started at Clemson ]

played in a very sophisticated offense with more pro passing concepts than ours...He's a lot closer to DW than most would care to admit

Apr 27, 2018, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Lamar Jackson would have started at Clemson ]

Lamar would not have fit at Clemson. First because he was a men first kind of guy, but most importantly his behavior on the sidelines when things didn’t go his way. Dabo and Co would never have tolerated that behavior

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

His best attribute is his running ability - I think he'll

Apr 27, 2018, 9:06 AM

get hurt in the NFL since he's so skinny.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure where the love fest for Lamar is coming from

Apr 27, 2018, 9:13 AM

He had a terrible year last year for a Heisman winner.

The year he did win the Heisman, they started losing when they played out of conference at the end of the season. That Houston game was awful and was on him. Plus the out-of-conference refs started calling more holding calls.

Yes, he is an amazing scrambler. Yes, he can extend plays. He is fast, nimble and hard to bring down.

I don't think life will be pleasant doing that in the NFL. Ask RG3.

He had 8.5% of his passes dropped my his receivers last year

Apr 27, 2018, 9:21 AM

That's an incredible number. He didn't have a lot of help.

I've never been as scared of anybody else as I was of him

Apr 27, 2018, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Not sure where the love fest for Lamar is coming from ]

and I have seen several Heisman winners

Maybe it's just me...

Apr 27, 2018, 9:19 AM

but I'm not sure he will make it long term as an NFL QB. With his run first mentality, similar to RGIII, on-going injuries could be a problem for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I said something along the same lines

Apr 27, 2018, 9:23 AM

at work the other day. Jackson will have a better NFL career than Mayfield.

Re: I said something along the same lines

Apr 27, 2018, 11:21 AM

Well that's now obvious. Mayfield has been given the kiss of death from Cleveland. Cleveland doesn't want to win they just want the perks of having a football team. That's the reason the Raven's are now in Baltimore.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Round 2 and 3

Apr 27, 2018, 5:27 PM

Obviously a guess but I wouldn’t be shocked if NE takes him if he’s undrafted at the time of their next pick or two.
L Jackson needs a great support staff and time to polish into a consistent pro.
NE would be a great fit I think

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Huh? He was drafted at the end of the first round

Apr 27, 2018, 5:47 PM

Went to the Ravens

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, there's that***

Apr 27, 2018, 5:54 PM

Re: Huh? He was drafted at the end of the first round

Apr 27, 2018, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Huh? He was drafted at the end of the first round ]

Haha. Oh man.
Good night, all.
I’ll show myself out.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic