Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Devonte Holloman's career likely over.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,624

Devonte Holloman's career likely over.

Aug 21, 2014, 1:51 PM

hate to see this, even though he was a coot

Dallas, TX (WLTX) - Former Gamecock defensive star DeVonte Holloman's NFL career is likely over, just one year into his pro career.

Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Jason Garrett made the announcement during a press conference with reporters Thursday morning.

Garrett said Holloman, a second-year linebacker, suffered a neck injury last year, and has been having problems in that same area over the last few weeks. Holloman got three separate medical opinions, which told him that continuing his career wouldn't be in his best interest.

"It's a very challenging, difficult thing for a young man who has dreams of being an NFL football player (and) achieves those dreams," Garrett said. "This becomes an easy decision for him and his family when you're dealing with that kind of an injury."

Garrett said Holloman would speak more about the injury later. He was seen at practice Thursday wearing his jersey, but not his full uniform.

Holloman played for the Gamecocks from 2009 to 2012.

http://www.wltx.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/08/21/devonte-holloman-career-likely-over-dallas-cowboys/14390483/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Never was a fan but sad to hear.***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never was a fan but sad to hear.- agree I also

Aug 21, 2014, 2:01 PM

feel bad for Tony Romo too. His dream of being an NFL qb will never be realized. He gets worse ever year it seems

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bahahah! Point***

Aug 21, 2014, 2:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Never was a fan but sad to hear.- agree I also

Aug 21, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Never was a fan but sad to hear.- agree I also ]

> feel bad for Tony Romo too. His dream of being an
> NFL qb will never be realized. He gets worse ever
> year it seems

Tony said don't waste any time feeling bad for him...and his model wife...and his 9 million/year income.....and his mansion....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nm

Aug 21, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Never was a fan but sad to hear.- agree I also ]

and????***

Aug 21, 2014, 2:15 PM

Sad to hear when someone's dream is taken from them.***

Aug 21, 2014, 2:18 PM

Hate to hear that. Hope he saved his money

Aug 21, 2014, 2:21 PM

and if not then I hope he graduated. Even a South Carolina degree is better then no degree.

would've gone to Clemson if Bowden had stayed***

Aug 21, 2014, 5:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: would've gone to Clemson if Bowden had stayed***

Aug 21, 2014, 8:00 PM

Being reported tonight he is likely headed to SC to be a grad asst. as early as next week.

Re: would've gone to Clemson if Bowden had stayed***

Aug 21, 2014, 8:07 PM

That is a good move by the HBC . Get this recent success story on your staff , put him into a recruiting position ...pronto.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,624
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic