Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson takes Cayman Islands Classic opener
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,423

TNET: Clemson takes Cayman Islands Classic opener

Nov 19, 2018, 1:15 PM

Clemson takes Cayman Islands Classic opener

No. 19 Clemson improved to 4-0 on the season by holding on late in a 72-69 win over Akron (3-1) to start the Cayman Islands Classic on Monday. Brad Brownell's T Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson takes Cayman Islands Classic opener

Nov 19, 2018, 1:26 PM

I know it's early and I'm sure they'll play better as the season continues (I hope) but I have not been impressed with the way this team has seemed to not be able to pull away from even mid-tier teams. If they want to make the dance again they are going to have to play way better on the defensive side of the ball.

Yes, it's early and we have had a lot of injuries.

Nov 19, 2018, 1:44 PM

Thomas missed a lot of fall camp and the preseason with an ankle injury, and is just now getting back to playing form. William had a concussion and is still not practicing. Jemison had knee surgery and is not practicing. As a result, we have not even had enough scholarship players to go 5 on 5 in practice. That has surely hurt us.

Although we haven't played great for a full 40 minutes yet, we have had great stretches and pulled away from teams when we need to. Today's game was not as close as the final score indicated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

also...

Nov 19, 2018, 5:11 PM

We did beat another team expected to do well in their conference. Just need to close better.

Re: TNET: Clemson takes Cayman Islands Classic opener

Nov 19, 2018, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson takes Cayman Islands Classic opener ]

Not impressive for sure.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,423
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic