Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Black people said "Black Lives Matter"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Black people said "Black Lives Matter"

Jun 15, 2020, 9:17 AM

all we had to say was "Yes, they do"

They never said, "black lives matter more"

But nooo Karen and Steve on facebook had to pull every strawman and anecdote to PROVE all lives matter.

This is why black people are in the streets shutting #### down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I thought ppl were in the street protesting...

Jun 15, 2020, 9:25 AM

unjustified killing of black people by police.

Now you're saying their protest is because some people on facebook said "all lives matter" instead?

This is confusing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#alllivesprotest***

Jun 15, 2020, 9:28 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All lives don't matter?

Jun 15, 2020, 9:27 AM

Couple of counterarguments:

1) If the BLM activists had said "You're right, all lives matter" would we have been here?

2) Again, I see the "all lives matter" response being A) a natural broad and positive, inclusive comments and B) emphasized more so after early marches in the BLM movement included chants for the death of police officers.

null

Re: All lives don't matter?

Jun 15, 2020, 9:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yes, none of that negates my points...

Jun 15, 2020, 10:01 AM

First, as I've said, statistically the idea that innocent black people are being hunted and killed by police is unsupportable. The fact that a larger proportion of black people, relative to the population of black people, are killed by cops than a the proportion of white people relative to the overall population of white people is not an indication that black lives are not valued. The conclusion is unsupportable. As I keep saying...800,000 cops...hundreds of millions of police interactions...if you do a deep dive into the details of each police shooting/killing, you might find a half dozen a year that you say "Huh...that probably was a bad idea." Then you have to determine if that bad idea was racially driven or not. Of course, that's not how this works. Every death of a black person by a cop...even if the cop is black himself...was motivated by the police force's inherent racism. Needless to say, you have to ignore any questionable deaths of white people...that clearly never happens. And I can't even find anyone tracking deaths of white people by cops that are not shootings, because even though the proposal is that no one cares about the value of black lives, it appears that no one cares to track the non-shooting deaths of white people.

Going back to my comments, what if in that first cartoon, he had a "Black lives matter...what do we want? Dead cops!" poster?

null

facts are great and everything

Jun 15, 2020, 10:27 AM

but it is good to say black lives matter even with the facts that you presented

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I will say that black lives matter until I’m blue in the

Jun 15, 2020, 10:34 AM

face, but if you ask me to say it in that context, in an attempt to validate the basis of the movement or in support for the organization, no...I refuse. Because I think it serves a narrative that is divisive, insincere, and honestly only serves to diminish the lives of black Americans. Lives that I know matter.

null

Black lives matter.

Jun 15, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to All lives don't matter? ]

I have no problem saying that and upholding a standard which shows that black lives matter. However, I reserve my constitutional right to hold the view that the organization called BLM is a stain on America.

BLM is a racist organization which presents that black lives are all that matter. That is where BLM rhetoric leads. If black lives matter those who have call to protect black lives would want more police in the southside of Chicago. They would demand the mayors of all our large cities flood minority communities with cops to protect the innocent people there who suffer the violence, drugs and gangs.

They don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I posted about Idiocy being posted in the mange, I

Jun 15, 2020, 9:37 AM

shoulda included the general Boreds as well....

Thanks, I struggled with understanding and I'm so thankful..

Jun 15, 2020, 9:40 AM

that you woke me.

Now can you explain how burning buildings, beating and shooting police help me understand the value of black lives?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Black Lives significantly and equally matter". Dabo ...

Jun 15, 2020, 10:02 AM

hits the mark in both words and framing the context. Racism that manifests in social injustice and inequality have existed in the past and continue to exist. That needs to end. Both Christianity and our Constitution demand as much.

Dabo says it better than me. Please reread or listen to again his comments.

Well Dabo doesn't quite get it, but that's okay

Jun 15, 2020, 11:17 AM

he is allowed to not agree with them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ITT some of yall are holding on for dear life to your

Jun 15, 2020, 10:04 AM

"yeah but"

DO BLACK LIVES MATTER?

YES OR NO?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Dear goodness, have you seen anyone even once say that

Jun 15, 2020, 10:05 AM

black lives don't matter?

Geeeeez.

null

Yes. A lot.

Jun 15, 2020, 10:07 AM

usually the response to "Black Lives Matter" is a strong "well......"

All lives matter

Black lives should matter to black people first

What about the rioters and looters

so forth

and so on

Link to someone who has indicated that black lives do not

Jun 15, 2020, 10:09 AM

matter?

I think you're seeing what you want to see in responses. By that logic, I suppose I should assume by your frustration with "All lives matter" that all lives DO NOT matter?

null

Peruse around facebook for 10 mintues

Jun 15, 2020, 10:32 AM

you will see a lot of it.

Not my FB feed. Perhaps you need better friends. Or perhaps

Jun 15, 2020, 10:35 AM

what you are claiming doesn’t exist.

null

Maybe you should get off Facebook***

Jun 15, 2020, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Peruse around facebook for 10 mintues ]

Nope, you went off the rails again logically.

Jun 15, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Yes. A lot. ]

You start off by saying BLM is just to bring attention to black deaths, and then you say what you really mean....” Black lives should matter to black people first”

That’s total BS, and many of the ALM people say the ALM phrase because they know that’s what you and a subset of BLM really mean.

Black lives shouldn’t matter “first” more to black people any more than white lives matter first to white people. A life is a life is a life to the true non-racist, and to quote Donne, “Any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind”.

Appreciate you being honest (or careless) enough to reveal your true opinion, but race-centric thinking like that is frankly what got us to this place. You should reconsider your position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for proving my point***

Jun 15, 2020, 10:39 AM

Enlighten me where I did that.

Jun 15, 2020, 10:43 AM

Following your logic, white people’s lives should matter to white people first. I’m assuming you don’t post logic you don’t believe in, so it’s a reasonable assumption that to you, white lives matter first. Why do you feel that way? Do you not think that makes you a racist? Basically you’re saying that if there’s a black kid and a white kid with a bus bearing down on them, and you can only save one, the white kid is going to win every time. That’s literally the logic you’re espousing, no strawman. I’m actually sorry I made your “point”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?

Jun 15, 2020, 10:47 AM

My point is that black lives matter. Full stop. No buts. No what abouts.

They matter is the minimum threshold in a society.

Instead what I see a lot of is

well all lives matter: Yeah no ####. And what the BLM crowd is saying is that their life should matter too. Not that their life matters more.

Black lives should matter to black people first: that's just straight ####### racism.

All of these yeah buts are just ways around saying black lives matter.

But if we as a society can't all agree that black lives matter, we have some major issues in our country.

No, you said “black lives should matter to blacks first”

Jun 15, 2020, 10:52 AM

That’s actually not the party line of BLM but it’s what you just said. Explain yourself, why? And explain why that logic (that apparently makes sense to you) doesn’t dictate that to you, white lives matter first?

Re: No, you said “black lives should matter to blacks first”

Jun 15, 2020, 11:26 AM

Yea that's what I was referring to seeing in Facebook a lot from people who pull the yeH buts.

They say, well more black people are killed by other black people than cops so black lives should matter to black people first.

I wasn't saying that as a stance I agree with. I was saying that as an example of people who cant bring themselves to say that black lives matter.

Its closet racism

Ahhhhhh, I read the post wrong. Do something for me

Jun 15, 2020, 11:30 AM

Next time you’re quoting what other people say, throw some quotation marks around them.

Sorry for misconstruing.

My bad, my pinkie got tired***

Jun 15, 2020, 11:54 AM

Do a lot of shocking this weekend?***

Jun 15, 2020, 11:58 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Jun 15, 2020, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: No, you said “black lives should matter to blacks first” ]

so you are basically coming on here and complaining about people on FB, but projecting that anger onto everyone here and thus claiming we all are just as dumb as your redneck buds on Facebook. Ok, got it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2020, 7:49 PM

haha i did reverse. Got PO'd here and ranted on FB

Rhetorical question......

Jun 15, 2020, 10:07 AM

Would "White Lives Matter" be racist? Would the National Association for the Advancement of White People be considered racist? Would a congressional white caucus be considered racist? Would White Entertainment TV (WET) be considered racist? If a government contract stipulated it must go to a white-owned and operated business, would that be racist?

Asking for a friend....

And a followup.....If black lives, white lives, and all lives matter,whatever.... why is abortion legal? Black children never even have a chance at life at rates higher than other races. More black children are terminated before birth in NYC, and are opted out of life, than are born alive. I mean if you're talking about black lives, or all lives mattering......

/end rhetorical questions for today

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for WET***

Jun 15, 2020, 10:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I unloaded all the strawpeople I could think of.

Jun 15, 2020, 10:24 AM

Strawmen would be misogynistic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The abortion one is weird indeed

Jun 15, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Rhetorical question...... ]

It’s almost like the founder of Planned Parenthood wanted it that way......

Thought the Republican Party was the NAAWP?

Jun 15, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Rhetorical question...... ]

It’s a joke ....

Proper response “ Looks like the Democratic Party is synonymous with Antifa”.

Liberals - what is good is bad, what is bad is good

Jun 15, 2020, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Rhetorical question...... ]

Seriously, they live a life of paradox.

One answer: When David Duke was trying to soften his image

Jun 15, 2020, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Rhetorical question...... ]

as Grand Wizard of the KKK, he started the modern version of the National Association for the Advancement of White People. I think it might be racist.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic