Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
hate to say it but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 6,699

hate to say it but...

Jun 9, 2012, 10:16 PM

that "other" team looks pretty much unstoppable once the post season starts up...they just seem so fundamentally sound mixed with a combo of luckiness, inside a stadium that rivals many minor league teams...

Im pullin for OU all the way, obviously, but i just dont see it happening here. If they are to be beaten it will have to come out in NE....

We had an excellent chance to knock em out and #### well shouldve, but now it seems they are thriving off that momentum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hate to say it but...

Jun 9, 2012, 10:24 PM

Jack Leggett Outta be skinned for letting Local SC talent slip away to Usuc. Baseball Program has been declining since loss of Tim Corbin and Kevin O Sullivan as assistant coaches. Hope Jack's watching on TV, this is how you play postseason championship baseball. Tanner > Legget. No Doubt.

They're gonna be tough to beat***

Jun 9, 2012, 10:41 PM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AGREED, Clemson is much better team than OU

Jun 10, 2012, 5:36 PM

Plus they don't have to deal with intensity of a rivalry game. If Carolina gets to Omaha, they have to be the favorite to win the NC again. Like jumping out of a plane, once you have done it twice, it makes it much easier the third time.

Sad thing is that their 2 straight national championships

Jun 9, 2012, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: hate to say it but... ]

now allows them to take their recruiting to a new level: instead of "recruiting" players, they can now "invite" who they want.

They are lucky and talented.

Jun 9, 2012, 10:42 PM

I hate USUCK!!! I hope they get beat

Jun 9, 2012, 10:45 PM

but... if you mean by having an excellent chance of knocking them out,well I hate to say it but the only chance we had was a snowballs chances in Heck.

Jun 9, 2012, 10:48 PM

Jack Leggett needs to get more local talent

Jun 9, 2012, 10:52 PM

I agree. But, it's now going to be tough if we have to go head-to-head with USuCk for a blue-chip local talent. Their success feeds on itself. How we let them get their program to this point is shameful.

In reality, yes. But for those two games we

Jun 9, 2012, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: hate to say it but... ]

somehow were very competitive against them and played as hard as we probably possibly could given all that was going against us, including the calls....and still just barely barely lost

Jun 9, 2012, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: hate to say it but... ]

I just Hope they get knocked out fairly early in the CWS. 3 National Championships would be unbearable As if 2 isn't bad enough.

I hate USUCK

Jun 9, 2012, 10:54 PM

They have to lose. I can not stand to hear from the coots about a threepeat.

Re: I hate USUCK

Jun 9, 2012, 11:37 PM

Words cannot express how much I despise the school, the team and their obnoxious fans. The resentment intensifies with each additional win. Dayum I hope they lose!!!

Jun 10, 2012, 1:53 AM

Don't let hate eat you up. It's not that serious.

Jun 10, 2012, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate USUCK ]

You despise us? Well, I suppose that is the prevalent attitude with UGA-GT, AU-Bama, OM-MissState, UF-FSU, et al. It's just the emotions of rivalry.

I DO believe, the USC-CU rivalry is at the top of the ladder in college sports. As my ex-wife once remarked on driving by Stone Stadium in Columbia and asking what was going on with thousands of cars and people seemingly all over the South Campus area. Upon finding out that it was a men's soccer match between USC and Clemson, the old Horry County gal commented, 'If Carolina and Clemson held a buzzard mating (not the word she used) contest at 3:00 AM, 10,000 idiots would show up to cheer them on!'

agreed

Jun 9, 2012, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: hate to say it but... ]

Jun 9, 2012, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: hate to say it but... ]

I wouldn't give up on Oklahoma just yet. As the announcer said, being behind 1-0 in a 3 game series but, coming back to win, is something they have done often.

Jun 9, 2012, 11:05 PM

it all hinges on game 2. if OK wins, all the pressure falls to Sc...

This team will not three peat.. No where near as talented as last 2 teams.

Jun 10, 2012, 12:22 AM

I wouldn't say not as talented. Not as experienced would be more accurate. Pitching could be better.

Most talented team was the Bouknight teams, not the championship teams. But most talented team doesn't always win. Chemistry and getting hot at the right time is something Tanner is best at.

Legget is a fine coach and one of the best in the nation. It just so happens we are hot right now and that makes him look bad to the Clemson fans. I promise you he is well respected by Tanner and all of college baseball.

Jun 10, 2012, 12:30 AM

I respect Leggett's abilities to head a program more than Swinney's and Brownell's ( but Brownell, unlike Leggett and Swinney, is likeable ).

Jun 9, 2012, 10:59 PM

Still dont think the team is good enough offensively to win it all but wont count them out until they are beaten. Tanner is an incredible postseason coach. Seems to push all the right buttons.

Jun 9, 2012, 11:05 PM

I've watched Baylor and Florida play - I don't think usuc can beat either of those 2 teams. Very solid.

Of course OU doesn't seem to have chit - so usuc will be in Omaha once again.

We've already beaten Florida

Jun 9, 2012, 11:36 PM

Yes, it was only one win out of 4 games, but the third game came down to the 9th inning in a very competitive game. The third loss was in the SEC tourney, which we never really seem to care about.

I can't say either way against Baylor. They are a very good team but Oklahoma beat them 5 (I think) times this year, and we kept Oklahoma in check tonight. I know that isn't a good measuring stick though. Baylor manhandled Arkansas, who we struggled to take 2/3 from.

Both teams still have more games to play though. It's far from over to seeing who's going to be in Omaha.

Re: We've already beaten Florida

Jun 10, 2012, 12:10 AM

South Carolina in Regular season is a different animal than South Carolina in the post season.

20 NCAA post season wins in a row...and counting
11 CWS wins in a row....one win away from that being counting again.

Both are records. Talking about regular season when the playoffs are in full swing is nuts!

Re: We've already beaten Florida

Jun 10, 2012, 5:24 AM [ in reply to We've already beaten Florida ]

thats like saying that clemson beat y'all once, but played all the games tough. fla. is a different animal, by far the best team this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all this hate by our fans is sad really...

Jun 10, 2012, 8:21 AM

just makes us looks jealous. Just give credit where credit is due. They have built a powerhouse there. Tanner is class act coach. I wish I could say the same for our coach, but the display he put on against the Scar in the regional was just pathetic.

Re: all this hate by our fans is sad really...

Jun 10, 2012, 8:24 AM

you don't think fla. is the best team this year? i watch a lot of college baseball, and to me, it's not even close. they have no glaring weaknesses,as most teams do. not taking anything away from usuc, they are a good team, i was just remarking on how he worded his post.

Jun 10, 2012, 8:55 AM

I didn't say anything about Florida. But to answer your question, I do think they have the most talent. If Scar makes it to Omaha and has to play the Florida, then I would not necessarily be willing to bet on FL though. Just seems like Tanner always has his team playing their best in the post season things seems to go their way.

Jun 10, 2012, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: all this hate by our fans is sad really... ]

Most people were picking UF to beat us last year too

Jun 10, 2012, 9:21 AM [ in reply to all this hate by our fans is sad really... ]

It sucks to suck...

Jun 10, 2012, 12:06 PM

and usuc fans should know, not many better at it than them, throughout their programs history.

it must suck to suck NOW

Jun 10, 2012, 1:40 PM

and have your best days 30 years ago.

You should really knock off the "your history is bad mmkay" routine. Does it make you feel better or worse every time you have to use it? Because from our point of view, it gets sweeter every time when that is your only remark to our CURRENT success.

No, the last 2 years haven't erased the last, what is it? 100... 115 years of mediocrity? But we are definitely changing the Gamecock history books, and the NCAA record books. Do you really think bringing up how our team was only run of the mill 100, 75, 50, 25 years ago means anything to us now?

Re: it must suck to suck NOW

Jun 10, 2012, 6:04 PM

and the ncaa's most penalized programs books at the same time. y'all suck, and always will. get over it! quit riding the accomplishments in football of your big brothers, because both you and i know, usuc hasn't ever, nor ever will be, jack shith in football. go back and cry to your momma 'bout that.

And talk to "your momma"

Jun 10, 2012, 10:20 PM

about how Clemson was good when she was your age (should check the NCAA violation books around that time too). Grow up dude. Holy hell you can't handle our success, it shows with the immaturity of your posts. How old are you?

Leggett coaching tree folds when they face coots.***

Jun 10, 2012, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: We've already beaten Florida ]

Re: Leggett coaching tree folds when they face coots.***

Jun 10, 2012, 9:49 AM

we would kick you ### in buzzard mating

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat...

Jun 10, 2012, 10:30 AM

even to your most hated enemies. Ray Tanner has established a dynasty and is setting NCAA records that may never be broken. The part that saddens me the most is that we could have easily beaten them in either game of the regional this yr with just a couple of breaks or better calls. Four of those 20 wins were agst us. That hurts...

If we would have just offered Roth, they wouldn't have won

Jun 10, 2012, 4:18 PM

anything. That one guy has become a legend just by kicking Clemson's ### on the big stage and it all started in Omaha when we were 1 game from the championship series. He had never started a game before then and we folded like a cheap tent and his career and the gamecocks dynasty took off from there.

Clemson was their launching pad and they have nobody to blame but themselves. The shunned talent in the state of SC has come home to roost on Leggett.

Re: If we would have just offered Roth, they wouldn't have won

Jun 10, 2012, 4:19 PM

you do realize that roth was not even recruited as a pitcher.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we would have just offered Roth, they wouldn't have won

Jun 10, 2012, 6:18 PM

shhhh logic and reason only confuse them

Don't give a #### what he was recruited as, he is the main

Jun 10, 2012, 8:26 PM

reason that they have won back-to-back national championships. He wanted to come to Clemson but wasn't offered so he has taken it upon himslef to shove it up Jack's ### every time he can.

Replies: 40
| visibility 6,699
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic