Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's the deal with this picture of Dabo that's making news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 3,963

What's the deal with this picture of Dabo that's making news

Jun 8, 2020, 1:10 PM

today? The one where he is apparently/supposedly wearing a shirt that says "Football Matters." The picture looks like it's obviously either old or photoshopped or perhaps both, but it's popping up on just about every news site today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe an old shirt & logo from start of COVID19 scare..

Jun 8, 2020, 1:17 PM

but admit it doesn’t look good or relevant to the other Matters campaigns.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's an organization supporting youth football

Jun 8, 2020, 1:22 PM

https://footballmatters.com/

Part of the National Football Foundation. Involved with like the College Football HOF and such.

It's an organization that is actually bringing people together thru the sport of football.

And, apparently, because people are idiots and can't simply

Jun 8, 2020, 1:24 PM

perform a google search, the organization is changing it's name due the "Black Lives Matter" movement.

I'm all for BLM, but it's pretty wild that if anything says _____ Matters, we now have to change the name.

I just saw a shirt last night on a TV show that said

Jun 8, 2020, 1:27 PM

"Mental Health Matters" I figure that shirt will be retired too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets talk about a real horrible person***

Jun 8, 2020, 1:42 PM

This guy

Jun 8, 2020, 1:43 PM

Re: And, apparently, because people are idiots and can't simply

Jun 8, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to And, apparently, because people are idiots and can't simply ]

Caddie said:

perform a google search, the organization is changing it's name due the "Black Lives Matter" movement.

I'm all for BLM, but it's pretty wild that if anything says _____ Matters, we now have to change the name.

They should change it because all of those were created after Black Lives Matter, and whether intentional or not undermines what the organization is about. White people hear "black lives matter" and interpret it as "black lives matter only", when its actually "black lives matter also". That's why people are quick to come and say things like "All lives matter" or even worse "Blue lives matter". Those are messages of contrast rather than inclusion.

agreed

Jun 8, 2020, 1:48 PM

I'm still more upset that the WWF had to change to WWE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agreed

Jun 8, 2020, 1:57 PM

dang pandas

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: agreed

Jun 8, 2020, 2:32 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First post in 6 years?

Jun 8, 2020, 2:44 PM

It's a good one -- keep it up

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I guess I don't see how a tiny organization that, obviously,

Jun 8, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: And, apparently, because people are idiots and can't simply ]

nobody has really even heard of considering the irrational responses on twitter and such, should go as far as changing it's name.

I can see how people would be annoyed of "All lives matter" because that arose from the Black Lives Matter campaign.

This Football Foundation has nothing do with it at all. And its not big enough to where anyone has even heard of it. Pretty crazy to me.

Are people behind Black Lives Matter

Jun 8, 2020, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: And, apparently, because people are idiots and can't simply ]

apologizing for a poorly worded movement? Or is the responsibility only on "white racists" for assuming that BLM doesn't care about anyone else?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It's possible you are too stupid to understand the message..***

Jun 8, 2020, 4:35 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are people behind Black Lives Matter

Jun 8, 2020, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Are people behind Black Lives Matter ]

BLM is 'inclusive'. That's funny.

The phrase Black Lives Matter implies that we have to be told that black lives matter. It presumes that non-blacks are responsible for the higher abortion rate, poorer quality of life, higher incarceration rate, higher homicide rate and lower quality and inaccessible health care.

If "BLM" really meant, "Hey, African American young man! Consider your future before you join a gang. Or make her pregnant. Or drop out of school. Speak up before the worst of your "friends" gets all of you in trouble." Or "Mr Pops, your granddaughter wants you to come to her high school graduation in four years. How 'bout instead of going clubbing this Saturday night, you go to the doctor and commit to getting your hypertension under control?" Or "Girl, if you've got to do it, can't you at least learn to use birth control? You have obligations to every life you create!" If that's what BLM stood for, many of us would happily get on board and help out where we can.

But instead, BLM means "Y'all nonblacks don't respect us, so we're blaming you for our endemic problems. And when those problems get really bad, we're going to get really loud."

Is that what is meant by "inclusive"?

I bet there are already idiots calling for organizations

Jun 8, 2020, 2:36 PM [ in reply to It's an organization supporting youth football ]

like that to change their name.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Just saw the post above after posting my reply.

Jun 8, 2020, 2:36 PM

Crazy.

Re: What's the deal with this picture of Dabo that's making news

Jun 8, 2020, 3:02 PM

Chicago sees its deadliest day in 60 years with 18 murders in 24 hours....

BLM!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 3:22 PM

they need to get all the cops out of there and see what happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

First of all...you're a racist and you are wrong for it.

Jun 8, 2020, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: What's the deal with this picture of Dabo that's making news ]

Second of all, recruits and their parents/families read this board. You sure a #### aren't helping anything posting this garbage.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BLM is Marxist bu11sh1t***

Jun 8, 2020, 4:44 PM

You don't even know what Marxism is.***

Jun 8, 2020, 4:57 PM

Okay, I'll be more specific..BLM=Maoism. Struggle sessions.***

Jun 8, 2020, 5:04 PM

Re: First of all...you're a racist and you are wrong for it.

Jun 8, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to First of all...you're a racist and you are wrong for it. ]

Tell us more Clemson Joe. You seem super objective...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: What's the deal with this picture of Dabo that's making news ]

People die and you post “BLM!” ### is wrong with you?

A few of yall are embarrassing to the rest of the Clemson family***

Jun 8, 2020, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: What's the deal with this picture of Dabo that's making news ]

Jun 8, 2020, 4:32 PM

Folks we have crossed a line from which I don’t know if we can cross back over. Our only hope is a “United” Country fighting for the same things. The only way this happens is for us all to put our differences aside ( some pretty petty). But do we have the strength within our national soul to work together to save this once great country??? I pray to Almighty God that we do!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 5:08 PM

The only way this country has any shot at unity is if we all stop fighting against each other and start fighting for the cause of Jesus Christ. He’s the only one that can fix this. Satan is laughing his tail off right now at all of the division and hate in our country. The Bible says satan came to kill, steal, and divide. Until people stop doing things that divide (whether it’s racism or the hate that comes from racism) we will never fully heal from the wounds our country has. We ALL have to accept and forgive each other, because that’s what Jesus wants us to do. Once this happens, then we will be in business.

Jun 8, 2020, 8:12 PM

The same people got a guy fired for using the word "niggardly" because it sounded similar to the "N word" even though it has nothing to do with it. In other words they are morons with more power than intelligence. The sooner we all stop kissing their ##### and pretending their opinions are valid the better.

Wow. Care to go ahead and put it out there?

Jun 8, 2020, 8:26 PM

Who's opinions do you feel are invalid?

Jun 8, 2020, 8:22 PM

Have you ever heard what Dabo means when he Said "Football Matters"?

Replies: 31
| visibility 3,963
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic