Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will playoff issue be settled in court?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Will playoff issue be settled in court?

Dec 3, 2017, 8:27 PM

With the large payout given to the conferences with participants (18 million per team) will these other conferences file lawsuits? It's sad to think, but that maybe the only way to give all of the power 5 conferences a shot. It has worked out for us but what if? I couldn't blame the AD's for doing it. The SEC is getting 2 payouts now. That's a competitive advantage being decided in a board room. Thoughts? ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 payout if they have another sec championship in atlanta..

Dec 3, 2017, 8:35 PM

so effing stupid but i don't see us getting beat by any team in the top 10.

Re: 4 payout if they have another sec championship in atlanta..

Dec 3, 2017, 8:38 PM

I agree. Just curious if anyone thought it might go that way? Its,all about the money anyway so to me it's the only thing that is going to change the system.

if that's what it takes i'm all for it..

Dec 3, 2017, 8:43 PM

it should be 6 teams with all power 5 conference champions. the conference can decide if they want a championship game but i think they will go away. 1 at large bid and the top 2 seeds get a bye.. i think its pretty obvious what needs to be done.. its a broken system and clearly biased.. i'm just glad we are respected like we are now

Re: if that's what it takes i'm all for it..

Dec 3, 2017, 9:13 PM

Not a bad idea, but what happens when you have one of those outlier type of years, like when Wake Forest won the ACC? No way were they one the top 6 teams.

If we went 11-1, didn't win the ACC and 3 loss Stanford got in because they won the Pac 12 this board would be sheer chaos. In this scenario there is another 11-1 team that gets the at large.

Message was edited by: Tmax

from wiki so take with a grade of slaw:

Dec 3, 2017, 8:42 PM [ in reply to 4 payout if they have another sec championship in atlanta.. ]

Conferences receive an additional $6 million each year for each team it places in the semifinals and $4 million for a team in one of the three at-large bowls; Notre Dame receives the same amount in either scenario. No additional money is awarded for reaching the championship game.

so it's not like shares in the basketball tourney.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Will playoff issue be settled in court?

Dec 3, 2017, 8:43 PM

No. They agreed to the system. Only thing they would do is lobby for an 8 team playoff. Besides how are you going to argue in court that the B1G got screwed? "Gee your honor, OSU is obviously better than Bama."

Maybe they should sue Ohio State for being garbage against Iowa. That lawsuit might have some legs to it.

Message was edited by: Tmax

Re: Will playoff issue be settled in court?

Dec 3, 2017, 8:45 PM

The only people who win in law suits are lawyers .They have no business getting involved in arbitrary pick from a football committee.Not a good thought in my opinion and I’m not a SEC homer in fact quiet the contrary

agreed..

Dec 3, 2017, 8:50 PM

it should just be changed

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic