Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole and his confidence level!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Cole and his confidence level!!

Nov 17, 2014, 10:02 AM

Lots of discussion on this board about Cole losing his confidence and the corresponding effect on his play. If you were publicly criticized constantly for your performance in your job, would it affect your confidence and job performance? If you are parent, how does constant criticism affect your kids? If you are a manager, how does constant criticism affect the performance of your employees? If you are married,does constant criticism of your spouse improve your marriage? Those of you who choose to be critical of individual players are a big part of the problem. Yeah, I know this is a message board and you have a right to speak your thoughts, but any critic with a little common sense would recognize they are part of the problem. Let the coaches handle the performance issues, and if you think you know more than the coaches, you have bigger issues than your obvious poor judgment.

99+% of the critics have neither the knowledge nor background to be critical of players or coaches. The vocal critics on this board obscure the good judgment and loyalty of the vast majority of the Clemson fan base.

For me, I choose to support my Tigers (players and coaches). Yeah, I have some questions and opinions but I am smart enough to keep those off a public message board that the players read. I wish more of you critics would join the ranks of the best Tiger fans who want to be part of the solution rather than a part of the problem.

Cole is a better man than any who choose to criticize him publicly. I just pray that he will have the ability to recognize the critics are a small vocal minority and recognize that most Tiger fans are pulling for him, DW, and Nick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole and his confidence level!!

Nov 17, 2014, 10:06 AM

Great post.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2014, 10:28 AM

Well said. The very best thing that could happen for Clemson football right now is for Cole to receive a thunderous ovation from ALL Tiger fans when he is introduced prior to the game Saturday. Probably will not happen if the posts on this board are any indication of the feelings of some so-called fans. I assure you that I will be there doing my part to HELP Clemson football. Will you?

agree, but

Nov 17, 2014, 10:34 AM

I totally agree but I think it is too late. His confidence has been shot for awhile now. You can see it in the way he hesitates, aims the ball, etc. I posted earlier this morning that against Louisville 2 pick 6s were dropped by Louisville. Just some very bad fundamentals from a guy who threw great balls in mop up duty in the past. He was relaxed then but not now.

I hate it for him and if he is in there I will pull my hardest for him but confidence is something you cannot just flip back on. And worst of all his teammates have no confidence in him and that effects the whole team.

what's posted on this message board isn't even close........

Nov 17, 2014, 10:41 AM

to being part of the problem..........if we are then our coaches/players have more issues than they know what to do with to be resorting to a "lowly message board" for reading pleasure or solutions.

and like it or not COACHES make mistakes........COACHES DO make bad decisions.......the way the QB situation was handled early is what KILLED cole's confidence not what's being posted on a message board.

Dabo kept getting snippy in the preseason and over the first couple games about our QB situation. He kept saying that Cole was the "CLEAR CUT #1".......cole "GIVES US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN"....blah, blah, blah..........if that's the case then keep him in the game until the game is in hand don't put in deshaun watson in athens down by 7 with a QB that doesn't give you the best chance to win.........HE SHINES, yank him out and then expect not to get questions. Dabo had a big hand in killing his confidence real early.

that being said I don't think it mattered if cole had all the confidence in the world.....it will only take you so far before you just have to have the talent.

Bottomline is clemson or any other "reputable" football school should never be in the situation where we live and die by a true freshman QB.

Nov 17, 2014, 10:44 AM

Amen

I think the offense giving up on him is a bigger issue.***

Nov 17, 2014, 10:46 AM

Nov 17, 2014, 10:49 AM

Well said