Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't Understand our Football Players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Don't Understand our Football Players

Jan 11, 2014, 7:59 PM

They just sat there the first half of today's bb game. Little John was ROCKING and what do they do? Sit there and look bored out of their minds! I am VERY appreciative of our football program for this year's OB victory. But why can't they cheer on their classmates and show the nation our tiger pride? They didn't even do the CLEMSON spell out when the band was playing and most of them left after the first half. Just didn't make sense to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't Understand our Football Players

Jan 11, 2014, 8:04 PM

I have often wondered the same. I think it's a "status" and "coolness" kind of thing. They don't want to look uncool cheering in public. Dabo was fired up and I say right near venables and he was into the game as well.

Those are some prime seats that they have and they took up most of a section. Would have been helpful to have some rowdy students there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2014, 8:09 PM

I know! Thats about 150 students who didn't get a seat!

Get a Life...

Jan 11, 2014, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't Understand our Football Players ]

Our Football Players have Earned The Right to Sit There! Some people can't just Enjoy The Moment!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh i'm enjoying the moment...

Jan 11, 2014, 8:19 PM

I just wish that the football team was too instead of taking up 25% of the student section

Re: Get a Life...

Jan 11, 2014, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Get a Life... ]

The football team has earned the right for their football accomplishments. That doesn't "earn" them not supporting the basketball team. I hope next time, they just have them show up in the tunnel right before the half, let them come out for their ceremony, and then exit. Let interested student fans have those seats.

Don't Understand FB Players

Jan 11, 2014, 8:12 PM

Only 2 players even bothered to applaud the BB players during player introductions. They want us to be "All In"
for them, but they do not appear the same for other teams. Very, very, very disappointed in their unwillingness to be "All In" for Clemson.

only NC schools care about bball***

Jan 11, 2014, 8:14 PM

Jan 11, 2014, 8:20 PM

Have you ever seen Clemson BASKETBALL players in Death Valley jump up and yell and scream and act a fool?????

Have you?***

Jan 11, 2014, 8:23 PM

Every other sport gets blocked seating for every FB home game. I don't know where the basketball team sits but i'm sure they aren't sitting there bored out of their minds, or sitting somewhere where everyone can see them

Message was edited by: Zlegs®

actually yes

Jan 11, 2014, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't Understand our Football Players ]

The basketball players can't make many games, but early in the season they are there. I remember BoBo raising hell at the Auburn game a couple years ago. You couldn't miss him if you were near him.

I think they are more supportive than they appear. But I'm sure Dabo noticed this too and I bet its different next time.

I know that other sports athletes

Jan 11, 2014, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't Understand our Football Players ]

get psyched for football. Even if they aren't from the USA. The guys from Germany and Mexico on the tennis team loved the football games.

Great points

Jan 11, 2014, 8:26 PM

I think it is an elite athlete attitude, but it is not right. This should be pointed out to Dabo, and I know he would not approve. I know T Boyd and Sammy were pulling hard and support the team. It is something that can be pointed out for better attitude. Even just applauding and yelling are good jesters they should show...

Football Players

Jan 11, 2014, 8:29 PM

The basketball players never sit as a uniformed group in DV so they are noticed as sitting as an uninterested large recognizable Clemson team.

Jan 11, 2014, 8:31 PM

I have to say the same thought came to me. The biggest issue I had was the leaving at halftime. There were students who would have done a lot for those tickets. The students who pay tuition and are dedicated. They would have made some noise. I support the football team and think they did a great job this season. I do hope that this is brought up to the team so that they will realize that people are watching and actions do matter. Hopefully they will learn.

They probably left with the recruits on campus.***

Jan 11, 2014, 8:37 PM

Jan 11, 2014, 8:31 PM

so we beat duke today and all you can do is make this idiotic post about the football team. really, what would it take to make some of you happy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm thrilled about today's victory

Jan 11, 2014, 8:33 PM

I just wish our football team was as well. And how is this post idiotic? I was making an observation that apparently a lot of fans made as well.

If they had come on their own doing as a student and fan...

Jan 11, 2014, 8:37 PM

dressed in regular clothes, sitting with their friends they probably would have acted like everyone else...I think them coming as a team in their sweats, they were representing the school as Orangebowl Champions and I think the ego thing plays into that. Don't read too much into it. Enjoy the win. We cant make these guys little gods then when they come in here to be recognized at the half and they are in their attire expect them to act like regular fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They aren't "little gods." They play football.

Jan 11, 2014, 10:24 PM

Not really that big of a deal on the grand scheme of things. They play football for Clemson, which seems worthy of celebrity status now, but nobody will know or care what they are doing in 10 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

depends though***

Jan 12, 2014, 5:44 PM

I agree. Pathetic on the part of our football players.

Jan 11, 2014, 8:38 PM

If you can't cheer for CLEMSON players, in a huge game, where you are getting great seats AND being recognized at halftime, then stay home. You aren't nearly as cool or important as you think you are. You play football. That's great, but most of the world still doesn't know who you are. Grow up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Spoiled***

Jan 11, 2014, 8:39 PM

I was disappointed as well, BUT

Jan 11, 2014, 9:11 PM

their scholarships aren't for cheering at the game. As long as we win, they can do what they want at basketball games. I would love for them to show the passion for today's game that the whole student section showed, but that's how it goes sometimes

If they can't cheer, they shouldn't be at the game.

Jan 11, 2014, 10:23 PM

Especially since they took up seats which another fan would have loved to be in.

They have 80,000 plus cheer for them every Saturday in Death Valley. Can't they suck it up for two hours and cheer for another Clemson team who really needs the support?

made the same point earlier...

Jan 11, 2014, 9:49 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14917225

i talked to a couple of ath. dept. folks tonight and they urged me to send some emails. to Dabo, Dan R, etc.. about it

would have been even louder and more intense if they had put the FB team in the upper arena or spread them out in the top rows of the 4 student sections

they probably were too invested in their phones***

Jan 11, 2014, 11:08 PM

They were not

Jan 13, 2014, 6:27 AM

they just watched the game with no participation.

I didn't even realize it was the football team. Sitting

Jan 12, 2014, 9:26 PM

directly across the arena from where they were at, it was an odd difference between the student section next to them and where they were sitting. I was telling a buddy with me that maybe it was recruits because I knew it was some sort of recruiting weekend, but knew recruits wouldn't be dressed in Clemson sweats like that. Then I wondered if there was some camp going on I wasn't aware of, lol? Either way, there was literally no excitement from any of them so I didn't have it figured out until they walked out on the court for halftime. And like others pointed out, most ditched the game after that.

They probably left at halftime because their banquet was last night***

Jan 12, 2014, 11:01 PM

We're supposed to be a supportive "family."...all of us.***

Jan 12, 2014, 11:08 PM

Yeah! And what's up with no one smiling in the Programs I get in Gamedays?

Jan 13, 2014, 7:36 AM

Privileged if I've ever seen it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic