Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think it will prove out that SOS quitting immediately
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 323

I think it will prove out that SOS quitting immediately

Oct 13, 2015, 8:19 AM

was done in effort to turn the page as quickly as possible.

If he makes an announcement and goes on a retirement tour, they can't recruit with no replacement named.

If he quits abruptly at the end of the season, recruiting is again thrown in turmoil.

He quits now, and while they still can't recruit, they'll have a chance to hire a new guy so he can get to not being able to recruit quickly.

Not great for the short term but hey, what are they going to do....win 6 games this year?

Long term/grand scheme this is prolly the best way for them to go about a transition.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll do very well to finish this year 4-8, IMO.

Oct 13, 2015, 8:21 AM

Citadel is a likely win. Vandy is a tossup. All others are likely losses. So 4-8 would be good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually, what he should...

Oct 13, 2015, 8:25 AM

have done was announce his retirement pending the hiring of another coach and that he would continue to lead the team until the AD feels it is in solid hands or the end of the season whichever comes first. Not a hard thing to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

He quit because he didn't want the stigma of

Oct 13, 2015, 8:32 AM

quitting at the end of a horrendous season. It's all about Steve. Recruiting is going to suck if he quits now or at the end of the season. I figured he was gone, but I had no idea he would do it himself, in the middle of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with their open week next week, seems he would have waited

Oct 13, 2015, 8:25 AM

until then to give the interim staff some fair amount of time to adjust. But then, that would have required him to think about someone other than himself.

Plus, going out with a loss to Vandy probably would have bruised that precious ego a bit too much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 323
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic