Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN strikes, again. More specifically,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

ESPN strikes, again. More specifically,

Nov 15, 2013, 8:22 PM

Chris Cotter. Anchoring College Football Live, he called Jameis Winston, "Winston Jamison". Then when it came time for highlights of our game last night, he stated he did not want to show the highlights, but was overruled. He also implied Sammy pushed off top get the TD. I know he is a GT grad (and UGa-Masters), but how unprofessional can he be?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN strikes, again. More specifically,

Nov 15, 2013, 8:41 PM

Yep,

heard the same thing. What a jackaxx.

Unprofessional.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't see, but if he was a GT grad, you'd be sure he

Nov 15, 2013, 8:49 PM

didn't want show the highlights. I think some might just too sensitive about what he said.

Sammy did push off. He did exactly what they're trained to do,push with the forearm without extending the arms to get separation. Harder for the refs to see and is done in every single game, just like holding with arms inside, not seen until arms are extened.

actually seeing the arms inside is seen just about every

Nov 15, 2013, 9:00 PM

play by every OL. Its typically not called unless there is an additional motion that goes along with it. When the arm is extended that extra motion is deemed a grab and hold. (Basically a failure to release the defender). Lineman are taught to hold, if you go by what is in the rules you could call 3 holding penalties on any given play from scrimmage. The officials can see but usually wont call it unless there is a second motion to go along with the "hold", most often I call a hold and pull, and a hold and turn. Those are the easiest to see and least likely to be argued against. I love when a DL turns to me and complains about holding. I tell them, when you start trying to get away from it, I will start calling it. This is of course with some lazy DL who dont really want to participate in the play and use the fact the OL has him whooped as an excuse for it.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic