Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's beyond frustrating to sit here and watch.........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

It's beyond frustrating to sit here and watch.........

Mar 18, 2017, 4:46 PM

March madness every year, which is one of the most exciting spectacles in sports, and my school is nowhere to be found. We're Clemson and I think we're better than this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have missed our exciting come from behind loss last week.

Mar 18, 2017, 4:47 PM

It was pretty exciting. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: You must have missed our exciting come from behind loss last week.

Mar 18, 2017, 6:32 PM

Thanks for that laugh. I needed that. I am so disappointed that our BB team can't seem to take that next step and be a factor. Sadly, I just don't think Brownell is capable of getting it done. Wish we'd have offered this job to Smart before he left our program for green pastures. IMO, it's time to move on. I just don't see improvement, nor do I see any confidence from the team that they are hopeful, either. Our confidence seems to have left the building.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March Mayhem.****

Mar 19, 2017, 11:02 AM [ in reply to You must have missed our exciting come from behind loss last week. ]

You must have missed our exciting come from AHEAD loss last

Mar 19, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to You must have missed our exciting come from behind loss last week. ]

week.

FIFY

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: It's beyond frustrating to sit here and watch.........

Mar 18, 2017, 4:55 PM

Cry me a freakin river. You know how many people wish their team could win a college football championship? So put a sock in it. Can't get everything you want

Fowl odor*

Mar 18, 2017, 5:01 PM

Nm

This has nothing to do with football.

Mar 18, 2017, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: It's beyond frustrating to sit here and watch......... ]

Football board is that way. -->

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 18, 2017, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: It's beyond frustrating to sit here and watch......... ]

So you're perfectly fine with Clemson missing the NCAA tourney year after year after year? He's not "crying" because we're not winning basketball championships. All he/we want is for the team to be apart of dance.

Mar 18, 2017, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: It's beyond frustrating to sit here and watch......... ]

So you're perfectly fine with Clemson missing the NCAA tourney year after year after year? He's not "crying" because we're not winning basketball championships. All he/we want is for the team to be apart of dance.

Lighten up Francis. At Clemson "Best is the Standard",

Mar 19, 2017, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: It's beyond frustrating to sit here and watch......... ]

in EVERY sport.

I got over being frustrated many years ago.

Mar 18, 2017, 5:05 PM

Zero and forever in Chapel Hill.

Zero ACC tournament championships.

11 NCAA tournament appearances in our history. With three wins as the best ever accomplished.

I have to take our basketball success or failure with a grade of slaw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great, then demand better.

Mar 18, 2017, 5:05 PM

Tell the AD, President, your IPTAY rep, and anyone who will listen that this is unacceptable. Because it should be.

The issue, however, is will Clemson step up for once and make a great hire? Are we truly going to commit to basketball, not just with the new facilities but by hiring a great coach, paying him well, giving him the staff support he needs, and doing everything we can to help him be successful?

Or are we going to revert to our comfortable identity as a "football school," scared to really invest in basketball because we are, on some level, not sure what that looks like?

If I were convinced that things would be different now, I would be all for firing Brownell today. If Will Wade is eager and we can sign him, then by all means, do it NOW. But if we are going to continue the same self-destructive approach to basketball that we have almost always taken, then just keep Brownell another year or two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 18, 2017, 5:24 PM

The administration cares nothing about basketball, men's or women's, or it would do something about the mediocrity in those two programs (and mediocrity is being nice about the women's program).

Beyond nice.

Mar 18, 2017, 5:30 PM

Watched Barbara Kennedy speak on her day of recognition against Fla St this season.

That program has fallen off the map.

Great opportunity to get a T-shirt and picture with the tiger. So there's that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beyond nice.

Mar 18, 2017, 5:40 PM

Again this is nothing new. You think Syracuse and Indiana enjoy sitting at home during the tournament? Obviously not--and basketball is their "bread and butter". A lot of people don't realize the college basketball landscape and how hard it is to win in the acc. Our players were in positions to win game after game this year and it just didn't happen. Can't blame one person. Get over yourselves

But this was new.....

Mar 18, 2017, 5:43 PM

We switched to the wimmens game there for a second.

Re: Beyond nice.

Mar 18, 2017, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Beyond nice. ]

If football and baseball were this bad, who would be blamed?
Oh that's right, they were, and Bowden and Leggett are now gone.
But people made excuses for them, too, year after year.

Mar 18, 2017, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: It's beyond frustrating to sit here and watch......... ]

Right on Daniel. The administration needs to note that our hated rival is making the NCAA tournament. Unacceptable that we are not there!

Mar 18, 2017, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: It's beyond frustrating to sit here and watch......... ]

Daniel we have fans on here that have blind loyalty to the coach not the program. All that matters is winning big.

Mar 18, 2017, 6:06 PM

Get used to it because there is more frustration to come
unless we can get some more three star commits or transfers.

actually no, we're not better than this....

Mar 18, 2017, 6:19 PM

started playing basketball in 1911

and didn't make the tournament until 1980.

Probably still wouldn't have played in the NCAAT

if the NCAA hadn't expanded the tournament

and the ACC hadn't waived the rule of only ACCT champions getting a bid.

Youth, ignorance, and arrogance are a bad combo...

get your facts straight.

It sounds like you're a quitter.

Mar 19, 2017, 11:09 AM

The future of Clemson Basketball has not been written only the past. You assume we can't be better for whatever reason. We were good with the right guys (Barnes and OP) just not with CBB. Time for a new guy.

Mar 18, 2017, 6:42 PM

I'm very proud that we won the national title in football. I've watched those highlights over and over. I've watched our baseball team turn a corner and become relevant again. The basketball program has made the NCAA tournament often in the past. Our hated rivals are in the big dance. Where is the pride in this fanbase that we will do what it takes to make basketball NCAA relevant again?

Mar 18, 2017, 6:47 PM

Nice try, but we have never been 'NCAA relevant' in basketball. That's just the facts.

Now could that be changed? Sure.

Mar 18, 2017, 7:06 PM

It should be . Why are some fans on here defending Brownell? Did you same fans defend Bowden and Leggett?

Mar 18, 2017, 7:22 PM

All three coaches have made a difference. Each on their own way. It doesn't matter who the fans defend or disdain, the administration will make the decision based on the total sum of the athletic department's priorities and budget. Always have, always will.

We spent too many years giving football anything it wanted

Mar 18, 2017, 6:46 PM

while asking basketball to scratch and claw for even the most basic necessities. Hopefully those days are behind us.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic