Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
about the coots.coot fans feel free to give your input as..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

about the coots.coot fans feel free to give your input as..

Sep 30, 2012, 9:02 PM

well.about the rivalry between us and south carolina.how far do you take it.i have actually witnessed people get in fist fights over the rivalry.i just sat back smh kinda to far for my liking.ill trash talk coots and so forth.tell coot fans to burn their shirts and what not.thats about as far as i will go.in a friendly manner kind of way.i have tons of family members who are coot fans.love them to death dont like the team they pull for.so with that i dont even use the word hate when speaking of their fans.strongly dislike yes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: about the coots.coot fans feel free to give your input as..

Sep 30, 2012, 9:04 PM

I figure you're one or the other. I havent seen anyone be converted by a pesuasive argument on either side. So I try to just ignore them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some coots that used to post on here..

Sep 30, 2012, 9:05 PM

i actually enjoyed having them around.that garnet and black person was a nice person to talk football with.they didnt always blast clemson and what not.they actually had good football convos.

I get your point

Sep 30, 2012, 9:14 PM

I never go to their board so I tried to make here less attractive to discourage them from coming in. I tried not to have civil dialogue. I used to needle them whenever possible or just ignore them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 2005 I was in Tiger Band and I was spit on at the game

Sep 30, 2012, 9:09 PM

in Columbia. I hate them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

dang that is just crazy...

Sep 30, 2012, 9:10 PM

some take the rivalry way to serious.just shows the class of some.on both sides of the isle

Re: In 2005 I was in Tiger Band and I was spit on at the game

Sep 30, 2012, 9:12 PM [ in reply to In 2005 I was in Tiger Band and I was spit on at the game ]

Chickens Spit? I've never seen that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you ever stepped in it............***

Sep 30, 2012, 9:26 PM

Re: I have sent worse there . Fortunately. a couple of

Sep 30, 2012, 9:14 PM [ in reply to In 2005 I was in Tiger Band and I was spit on at the game ]

Coot fans took his ### out.

Re: Good post

Sep 30, 2012, 9:14 PM

Man I want to beat usc in all sports ALWAYS, of course. But some people in here have a hard time realizing just where they fit in the grand scheme of things. I have tons of relatives that went to usc or are huge fans. I also have tons of relatives that went to CU or are huge fans as well. On ether side, if someone wants to be a bigot, that's there prerogative. Unfortunately, they're on both sides.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed.hating a person based on school colors..

Sep 30, 2012, 9:16 PM

is insane.sure during game day im not fond of the team they like.but once the clock hits triple 0 its back to normal for me.we are all humans

Re: agreed.hating a person based on school colors..

Sep 30, 2012, 10:07 PM

Living in cootlumbia, have many coot fans as friends. I pray for their misguided souls but don't hate them. :) good post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Re: Good post

Oct 1, 2012, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Good post ]

Nice thread from what i've read so far. I personally hate the hate. We are a small state with two big football programs - it is insanely stupid the way some hate opposing fans, and it is on both sides. I would not want our state to turn into Alabama. The UA/AU rivalry is like Hatfields and McCoys and those people are just shy of killing each other at times.

The only way to end it, I think, is to stop playing the game which I really wouldn't mind. If the ACC goes to a 9 game schedule and ND is an added game, how does the SCAR game get added in anyway without sacrificing a home game payday every other year.

If the game wasn't played, the dislike would still be there but it would be much more tame.

THIS far:

Sep 30, 2012, 10:16 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/9830276

I don't hate any of you guys. I enjoy talking football

Sep 30, 2012, 11:26 PM

and other topics with most of you. A lot of you don't know, or easily forget that I am a "coot" simply because I don't act like a typical Carolina fan. I don't advertise it overly and avoid most topics that would cause arguments simply because i respect that this is CLEMSON's board and you can say what you like. I have a few Clemson friends here in Richmond, VA and we banter back and forth in good nature.

As far as at the games, I've never treated anyone with anymore disrespect than they've shown me, which is to say occasionally foul language does ensue.

I believe it's more of a fans vs haters issue.

Sep 30, 2012, 11:40 PM

By that I mean there are some people who get more enjoyment seeing the other team lose than they do seeing their own team win. I would says true "fans" respect the other "fans". I live in NC, so I don't get to see the Clemson/SC rivalry feuds, but I see plenty of Duke/UNC. Some of them can admit when the other team is better and actualy have civilized sports discussions. The others just resort to calling them all d-bags. Sadly, I would say quite a few t-netters fall into that category.

To me

Oct 1, 2012, 6:44 AM

it is only sports. I don't get involved in the rift raft over it. If my team wins, great. If they lose, oh well. I am not going to lose an ounce of sleep over it. But I have friends and family on both sides of the spectrum who tend to get so upset that they ruin their whole weeks until the next game gives them a glimmer of hope. It's okay to root for ones team and have pride in ones school. But when you take the human element out of it and it because hostile and unfriendly, no matter the rival, it becomes less enjoyable and not fun anymore.

It's kind of like two brothers, close in age, arguing about

Oct 1, 2012, 7:02 AM

which has the better-looking girl friend, the sharpest-looking clothes, the faster car, and the most money. Neither wants to admit the advantages of the other, and, thus, will continue the needling ad nauseum. However, in the long run both would be loath for something particularly bad to happen to each other. Eventually, when they leave home and begin their own families, although that old sibling rivalry may remain, they at least learn to temper such a little for the sake of the family! It's that age-old love-hate relationship. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on where you live...usually

Oct 1, 2012, 7:25 AM

If you are surrounded by the low-browed, knuckle-draggers that inhabit the middle of the state of South Carolina (like I am) you will likely have a higher degree of disdain for these pathetic examples of human life.

However, before I moved back here, I lived in Colorado for almost 10 years and would pull for South Carolina until we played them. I have discovered it is the annoying, disillusioned, entitled, loud-mouthed fans that have caused this beast that is hate to grow within me. I can honestly say that I avoid family and people who I know are Gamecock fans. I expect a lack of class and they rarely, if EVER disappoint. I guess I view them as a lower life form...maybe even someone to be pitied.

I grew up far away from Cootlumbia and had a couple of

Oct 1, 2012, 8:16 AM

friends that attended SCar. I always pulled for them when the weren't playing us. Then I attended a couple of SCar home games with my friends and saw how rude their fans are, then I attended Clemson games at Willy B seeing how vile they are yelling FU at the top of their lungs, flipping off all the Clemson fans, throwing things, now I live near Cootlumbia.

The best bet for SC is a meteor to clean up the state...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic