Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update on the puppies I rescued
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Update on the puppies I rescued

Dec 18, 2018, 8:13 AM

Vance and Holly are doing great. They are very happy and relatively healthy all things considered, and they started learning how to be puppies again after a rough few months on their own. They run and play, and I started walking them on a leash. Vance took to it right away, but Holly was hesitant.

Last week two issues arose with Holly. I noticed worms in her stool, and she went into heat. I treated both puppies for worms, and she has been clear for a few days now. In regards to the heat, I had to keep the puppies separated. She has been in heat for 8 days, so hopefully it will not last too much longer.

I contacted many agencies trying to find them a home. PetHelpers wanted me to pay $400 to surrender the puppies. An organization called HF Help No Kill Rescue could not take in any more dogs, but said they would accept them into the rescue but I would need to foster the dogs until they could find them homes. Brother Wolf in Asheville was at capacity because they had just accepted 100 animals from another rescue that was closed.

This past Thursday I walked the puppies to my wife's office (she is a PA for MUSC, and her office is in our neighborhood). One of the nurses fell in love with Vance. She brought her husband and son to our house Friday evening to look at Vance, and they fell in love with him. They brought their 7-year-old dog to our house Sunday afternoon to see how the dogs interacted, and they got along great. Vance now has a forever home with a family and another dog. And an added bonus is I can keep up with how Vance is doing.

Holly is doing well since her brother left, but she seems happier to see me everytime I feed her, play with her, visit with her, etc. I had been keeping her and Vance separate from my two dogs, but since Vance is now gone, I decided to slowly introduce Holly to my dogs. Yesterday I took Holly and my boxer mix on a walk together on two separate occasions, and they got along great. They now wag their tails when they see each other through the window. This afternoon will be the major test though as the other dog (actually my daughter's) is a little more territorial.

We are still unsure what we are going to do with Holly. We would love to keep her as she is a sweet and loving dog, but 3 dogs may be two much. However, my daughter will soon be moving out with her dog, and our dog may be lonely. We have a tough decision to make.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update on the puppies I rescued

Dec 18, 2018, 8:20 AM

Thanks for the update AND for serving these pups so well!!!
Sounds like the decision has been made as long as Holly blends into the family smoothly.
Hoping they love each other!!!
Well done Tiger!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 8:28 AM

I remember your earlier post and the lengths you went to. You are a very good and caring person. Merry CHristmas

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I already made your decision... Keep Holly!!!!!!!!! :-)

Dec 18, 2018, 8:35 AM

I wish there was more people like you in this world. Thank you. :)

I rescue a young cat off the streets about 2 1/2 years ago. His named is Squirt. Never in a million years I thought I would be a cat guy. Today, I embraced it. I love that little fella.
Squirt is a wonderful companion. He's my little buddy.

Those who can't adopt please give to a legit animal rescue charity. I do a small monthly donation through PetSmart. Make sure the Charity is legit and most of your donation is going directly helping these wonderful dogs and cats. Please do your research first.

Dec 18, 2018, 9:00 AM

Great news and thanks for the update.

Dec 18, 2018, 9:14 AM

Sounds like the dogs are lucky you found them. Nice job.

Dec 18, 2018, 9:15 AM

Keep Holly! Your Boxer and her will bond and grow old together. They always do better in pairs as it gives them a constant companion. Either way, your a HERO in my book!!! I rescued a lab abandoned and was eating rocks. A friend of ours had just lost their Lab a few months earlier. That Boy lived to be 16 plus years and played in the Atlanta Zoo Park regularly. And he was 100% deaf.

I just wanted to say

Dec 18, 2018, 9:17 AM

Thank you for being a compassionate person and going above and beyond. My wife and I have rescued a few animals over the years, and it can be a tough and time consuming affair.

Wow, you have been such a blessing to those pups

Dec 18, 2018, 9:32 AM

Thank you so much for your kind heart!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

awesome, way to go!***

Dec 18, 2018, 10:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

If you decide against keeping Holly, you should reach out

Dec 18, 2018, 10:14 AM

to Palmetto Paws in Mt Pleasant. My daughter fosters for them and they have a good adoption rate.

Dec 18, 2018, 10:22 AM

That's a "dog gone" good story. Many thanks for your compassion and I wish you and your wife a very Merry Christmas.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aaaagh. worms in the stool. at USC that gets

Dec 18, 2018, 10:29 AM

you a contract extension, apparently.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:41 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 18, 2018, 11:54 AM

I rescued some puppies once! Got the hecl sapped out of me, woman told me not to undo her bra strap anymore, I told her I was being humane as they looked to confined to a small area!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 12:13 PM

Not a tough decision. Keep Holly! Two dogs are better than one.

Holly has already adopted your family

Dec 21, 2018, 10:39 PM

Be Glad she did!!!!!

Dec 21, 2018, 11:08 PM

I'm proud that you're a Tiger fan because you are such a caring person to help our furry little helpless critters in need. I've rescued a few cats in my lifetime and have total admiration for you and your efforts. I hope things work out so you can keep Holly, but if not I know you'll find her a great home. Well done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 11:12 PM

I feel your pain. We never intended to have 3 dogs, mustless 3 large dogs, but we do. One is 13. The second one duchess we rescued, she is really playful and I thought she needed someone her age to play with. So I contacted the the rescue group and now we have Jasmine who is duchess age 3, but she’s not much in to playing. Everyone gets along, lots of dog hair but they are great. Keep Holly

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic