Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
a heads up for seniors like me and the wife.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,012

a heads up for seniors like me and the wife.

Apr 7, 2020, 6:42 PM

If this Virus last to much longer, keep your protection within reach at an instant. We still have criminal that want and will try and take what we have, and conditions that we could be under, it will force good people to become criminals when they are desperate and their families are hungry. Don't open your doors just bc they knock on the door or ring the doorbell bc, if they are complete strangers, you don't know their intentions even when they are dressed in a suit and tie. People with bad intentions will wear anything to get you to trust them, and trusting strangers in a Pandemic can cost you and your love one your lives!!! Myself, if I don't know someone very well, I will see them as someone wanting to do me harm, and I will handled the situation as that!!! Be safe and protect yourself and your love ones!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a heads up for seniors like me and the wife.

Apr 7, 2020, 7:23 PM

Those poor Jehovah’s Witnesses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 7, 2020, 7:31 PM

Come to think of it, none have come to the door in 2 months... Good Lawd help us when the all clear is issued.., they'll be like an ant factory seeing how they get points for how many doors.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: a heads up for seniors like me and the wife. ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 7, 2020, 8:39 PM

try to find a video on youtube that shows women not taking to a 12 ga. as well as an AR-15.made after biden's sage advice.worth a laugh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 8, 2020, 3:04 PM

I ask my wife which weapon she would rather have, a pistol grip 18 inch 12 gauge pump, or a 9mm M&P Shield, M&P 40 cal Shield. Her exact words after going into several Gun stores looking and holding, she said I want the 40 cal shield. Before making a purchase, we went back to Shooters Choice and I ask the guy that I know pretty well at Shooters choice, if he would take her to the back to shooting lanes they have, and let her fire a clip from the 9mm shield, and a clip from the 40 cal shield. When they came back up front, my friend grabbed up a brand new Smith & Wesson 40 cal shield, run a background check right then and sold her the 40 cal shield.

My hand gun at home at the time was a Smith & Wesson model 29- 357 magnum with the 3 1/2 inch barrel. After shooting a 50 round box of ammo from my wifes new 40 cal, I sold my 357, and bought me a 40 cal shield, and I did so bc the 40 cal shields are the best shooting, very accurate semi auto hand gun that I've personally have ever fired. And no less than 80% of the people who have them, they make the very same statement. And most gun store people say that the M&P model saved Smith & Wesson as far as making a comeback with their semi auto handgun sales are concerned, and I wouldn't have bought another Smith & Wesson semi auto until I experienced how good the M&P model is for myself. And the M&P full size semi autos work just as well as the compact M&P Shield does, and I love our M&P shields!!! I have fired a 1000 plus round from mine and never a jam, and I have fired some cheap ammo I've bought from the gun and knife shows at the fairgrounds, and still, never a Jam. Now I have had a few rounds of that cheap ammo fail to fire, but it wasn't the fault of the gun bc, the firing pin hit the primer in the ammo hard enough to make a pretty good dent in them... You get what you git with cheap ammo!!! I had one that after it fired, the ball only went about 4 ft from the end of the barrel, and I still have the undamaged ball with only rifling marks on it :) For home protection, Both our 40 cals are fully loaded with Buffalo Bore Plus P jacketed hollow points that I wouldn't fear shooting a Bear with, if that's all I had at the time, but would rather have a 44 magnum for the Bears!!! ;)

Apr 8, 2020, 5:56 PM

My wife can’t handle the slide on most pistols so she has a Ruger LCR .38+P. She really likes the revolvers. Good shot too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TLDR***

Apr 8, 2020, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: a heads up for seniors like me and the wife. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Apr 7, 2020, 7:27 PM

We have a Ring doorbell. We simply tell them that we are not interested and don't even go to the door. They can speak and we can hear them. I usually annoy my neighbors with that thing when they come to my door with "Get off my lawn". :)

Apr 7, 2020, 7:35 PM

Good point AO. Glad to see you and the bride are staying safe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 7:53 PM

With 2 look alike Smith & Wesson Shield 40 cal, and my wife is actually a pretty good shooter, but I think it's bc her eyesight is better than mine, she don't have diabetes, I do. That is the excuse I make when we go out shooting, and her score is slightly better than mine ;)!!!

Lakebabe is a good shot as well. Kicked a bunch of guys

Apr 7, 2020, 8:23 PM

tails at our carry permit class (that's obviously not hard shooting - the guys thought they were Dirty Harry - one of them shot sideways). Thanks for the reminder about being cautious though. Being prepared is one thing, but if you let someone that can all go out the window!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lakebabe is a good shot as well. Kicked a bunch of guys

Apr 7, 2020, 8:36 PM

They will never get past the threshold bc they will have to make some kind of noise before they get my door open, and I hope for their sake that they have ask God for forgiveness before they step across the threshold bc it will be their very last step ever!!!

Apr 7, 2020, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: a heads up for seniors like me and the wife. ]

40 cal fan myself. 1 HK and one Beretta. I have special ammo for home invaders. Puts a hole the size of a cantaloupe in ya.

Apr 7, 2020, 8:46 PM

I use Buffalo Bore Plus P jacketed hollow points in both our 40 cals!!!

Apr 7, 2020, 8:23 PM

Somebody comes after my T-net buddies or otherwise and I find out about it, I’ve got two AR’s and plenty of ammo. And some other stuff...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 10:40 PM

Dang!! You're loaded for bear!:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 10:54 PM

When I lived in Savannah, I worked for a firearms mfg. If you are interested MyFo, text me and I can put you on a deal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 10:03 PM

We have a 9mm bedside and one in each car. We are both cwp and she may be a better shot than me. Thinking of switching over to pocket size. Would appreciate any comments.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Apr 7, 2020, 10:15 PM

I'm gonna do somebody.

Apr 7, 2020, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: a heads up for seniors like me and the wife. ]

.380 Bodyguard. Small, but punches. It’s a reasonable option and very easy to handle.

Apr 8, 2020, 3:16 PM

For some maybe a fare choice, but I would never put a 380 in my wifes hand for protection. When using a firearm for protection, you should feel safe that one shot can stop them in their tracks, and unless you hit them in a vital organ, a 380 won't stop a big man in his tracks, and a 40 cal Plus P hollow point will almost rip their whole arm off, and it will fk up anything that it hits. They may still be on their feet, but the tracks they make will be away from what is tearing them up!!! :)

Apr 8, 2020, 3:20 PM

yes, let's drum up more irrational fears in these difficult times. I'd be willing to bet none of you will need your protection during this, unless it is a covid mask you are referring too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 6:25 PM

Zombies are real Tbalm. You’ll be wishing I had your six when they run amuck.

Message was edited by: BloodbeOrange®

Apr 8, 2020, 7:59 PM

nope, gun fire just attracts more, next thing you know they are all roaming around in your front yard and you can't get to the piggly wiggly. Better to just lop their heads off with a samurai sword.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread, I swear. I’m glad everyone wants

Apr 8, 2020, 8:15 PM

to protect their families, but Lawd y’all sound like an angry Duck Dynasty Phil rant. Nobody cares what kind of gums you have except other paranoid gun nuts.

What would you do for the least of us? Blow their head off. Jesus would smack the shid outta yall and your guns with that attitude. This is a time where we all need to be in “what can I do to help “ mode instead of “ git off my porch!”

people are sick, people are isolating

Apr 8, 2020, 8:32 PM

Be prepared to shoot at any time!

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,012
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic