Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion Williamson with crazy dunks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,662

Zion Williamson with crazy dunks

Feb 21, 2017, 11:27 AM

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/834072642453897216

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zion Williamson with crazy dunks

Feb 21, 2017, 11:35 AM

Unfortunately he will probably be doing that for rat face at Duke next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's obviously very talented, but can't help but wonder

Feb 21, 2017, 12:26 PM

how he will fare once the level of competition and speed and intensity of the game goes up about 1000% (which it will). Does he have a jump shot? Can he shoot the 3? Can he play defense? Can he run full speed non-stop all game long? He's rated one of the very best players in the country, so I assume his evaluation takes all of that into consideration, but all I've seen is a big, extremely athletic kid who appears to carry a little baby fat totally dominating a bunch of much shorter, slower, less athletic guys with nothing but slam dunks.

Just curious if anybody here can provide any input.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: He's obviously very talented, but can't help but wonder

Feb 21, 2017, 3:58 PM

Well he's ranked as the #2 overall player in 2018 by Rivals and #1 overall by 247. His composite rating is #2 overall. Yes, he's a highlight machine, but I'd have to think these recruiting services aren't just watching him dunk and then ranking him high because of that.

You may be right, but we know first hand that 5-Star,

Feb 21, 2017, 8:42 PM

First Team All-Americans don't always live up to their billing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: He's obviously very talented, but can't help but wonder

Feb 21, 2017, 4:58 PM [ in reply to He's obviously very talented, but can't help but wonder ]

His team defeated Gray Collegiate in the Chick-Fil-A tourney at RNE before Christmas. Gray Collegiate has 4 D-1 players including Jalek Felton who has signed with UNC. They are easily the top team in 2A in SCHSL.I believe he scored over 50 points against them and missed only one shot inside the 3-point line. He is the real deal.

Thanks - Like I said all I've ever seen is the dunking

Feb 21, 2017, 8:40 PM

highlights.

- H. L. Mencken

Feb 21, 2017, 12:27 PM

Not to take away from what this kid is doing (he is crazy talented and athletic), but it must be nice not having anyone on most of the teams that he plays that can challenge him. The opposing players just get out of his way when he drives. They've won their last 4 games by an average score of 88-36.

That said, they've played some good competition as well, and he is the real deal. He's going to be fun to watch in the ACC next year no matter who he plays for... (Unless it's against us)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My daugher plays in the game before his today.

Feb 21, 2017, 12:43 PM

I think I may sit and watch for a while...But like my daughter said after watching him on Saturday, it gets old after a while...

its scisa basketball..

Feb 21, 2017, 8:43 PM

take it from someone who played in scisa.. its not even 3 A. he's another milton Jennings another Seventh Woods another Austin Aujkwa. kid should go to a wofford/furman/CCU.

Re: its scisa basketball..

Feb 21, 2017, 8:49 PM

Well... Seventh went to Chapel Hill. Kris Middleton (SCISA) just signed a nice $70 mil NBA contract. Oh and Porter Gaud is prob the best bball team in the lowcountry this year. So SCISA has that..

Im a SCISA guy..

Feb 21, 2017, 8:50 PM

but basketball is certainly not its strong point. that would go to Football or Baseball.

Re: its scisa basketball..

Feb 22, 2017, 9:16 AM [ in reply to its scisa basketball.. ]

and Gaines Adams only played 8 man football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2017, 9:40 PM

Well I watched him in the Under Armour elite 24 competition last summer and I believe in that ge he was 10 for 10 from the field. Yeah he won dunk contest night before. Here is link
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article132406929.html

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,662
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic