Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion Williamson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Zion Williamson

Mar 20, 2017, 8:18 PM

Clemson still has a great shot. Keeping Brownell was a big deal to the family.

We'll see what happens but Brownell would have huge momentum if he could land him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Zion Williamson

Mar 20, 2017, 8:20 PM

Maybe but I just don't see it happening

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't he announced his list

Mar 20, 2017, 8:26 PM

And Clemson wasn't on it about a month ago?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't he announced his list

Mar 20, 2017, 8:35 PM

I thought he was down to Duke , Kansas & usuc. Would love to land him, would make keeping cbb worth it for sure.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2017, 9:20 PM

His step dad refuted that. We have help here. Keeping Brownell was key

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

That was a guy from ESPN making his on top 3 for Zion.

Mar 21, 2017, 12:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Didn't he announced his list ]

There was absolutely no truth to the Duke, Kansas, South Carolina top 3. Tiger has it right.....

Mar 24, 2017, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Didn't he announced his list ]

AND THE C$$TS WERE

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TCI is reporting the same thing.

Mar 20, 2017, 8:30 PM

I was just breezing by it thinking they were simply making it up. Hopefully he will come here and be a legend.

Re: TCI is reporting the same thing.

Mar 21, 2017, 3:34 AM

Yeah, looks like they are spot on.

Heard he said he wanted Clemson w/out Brownell***

Mar 20, 2017, 9:13 PM

Its gonna be Wofford - U herd it here first.

Mar 20, 2017, 10:57 PM

Go Tdogs!!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would not be surprised.***

Mar 21, 2017, 12:21 PM

If he's willing to learn defense we'd be a great place

Mar 21, 2017, 1:15 AM

I don't think BB would pump his head full of stuff and keep good on it. Now those other places, I think they would tell him what he would want to hear then he'd get there and see they have plenty more big recruits just like him and then sit him on the bench b/c he's young and raw. We would play him. We would need him out there as much as possible.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I got to think that will make things even harder for him

Mar 21, 2017, 1:17 AM

With Williamson being a superstar and probably leaving after 1 year, Brownell will be expected to get deep in the tournament at the very least and we all know that's not happening even with Williamson. Brownell is just not a good coach, the players he gets won't matter.

Re: I got to think that will make things even harder for him

Mar 21, 2017, 3:35 AM

This makes no sense to me

Mar 21, 2017, 8:21 AM

We're crystal balled at 10%, pop the champagne?!?!?! Not being sarcastic, I thought our odds were roughly at 0% for Zion.

Message was edited by: TigerLife492®

Mar 21, 2017, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I got to think that will make things even harder for him ]

Not sure how that doesn't make sense. Like I said, Brownell is just not a good coach. It doesn't matter if we get Williamson or not. I mean it's not like we just had a terrible squad this year. We actually have a guy in Blossomgame that is predicted a 1st round pick and we were barely .500 sitting at 12th in the conference standings.

Nobody can sit here and tell me they honestly envision Brownell winning a championship or even getting close with the type of seasons he has put together. The guy has had 7 years to get it done and hasn't. It's been past time to cut bait.

Yeah, all the NBA draft gurus had JB as a lottery pick and

Mar 26, 2017, 4:33 PM

most likely the #1 overall. jbrock11 your TROLL SCORE=73 OUT OF 100 {D-}.

Glass half empty guy^^^***

Mar 21, 2017, 8:50 AM [ in reply to I got to think that will make things even harder for him ]

Re: Glass half empty guy^^^***

Mar 21, 2017, 8:53 AM

I consider myself more of a glass 10% full guy...

that glass sounds completely empty***

Mar 21, 2017, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Glass half empty guy^^^*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that glass sounds completely empty***

Mar 21, 2017, 5:04 PM

Does the empty glass go in the bare cupboard? To make it a 10% full cupboard? DOES THAT MEAN NIT SECOND ROUND NEXT YEAR!?!?!?

Mar 21, 2017, 8:56 AM

Personally....
Out of respect he probably gives Clemson a shot. But honestly,
I just don't see it happening. Brad is basicly going have to
give him the keys to the entire team right off.

IMHO.

No problem!!! Give him the keys to whatever he wants!!

Mar 21, 2017, 9:12 AM

Zion comes from a better situation that Simmons. Simmons clearly didn't care about LSU in any sense. I believe Zions family will not let that happen, wherever he goes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're not getting this kid, bottom line***

Mar 26, 2017, 11:59 AM

Re: Zion Williamson - one and done***

Mar 21, 2017, 9:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2017, 9:42 AM

I have a friend that played on a summer team with him and said he was all Duke. Said that basically it's Dukes to lose

Mar 21, 2017, 11:46 AM

This is actually humorous. Clemson is not getting this unreal phenom. A kid of his level doesn't go to a team that can't make the 2nd round of the NIT. Oh and as always before the "Coot" accusation are made or anything else of that nature, I'm not a coot. Just a die hard fan who is tired of the basketball team losing and who always is a realists and sees things the way they are.

..And if Elin hadn't brained you with that 9-iron, you might

Mar 21, 2017, 12:42 PM

still be winning golf tournaments. :)

Sorry for the pessimism, but I just don't see a Snowball's chance in Hail we get him. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2017, 2:03 PM

In all seriousness why would a top basketball recruit want to come to Clemson? Over teams like UNC & Duke? Seventh Woods did the same thing.

To be a savior***

Mar 21, 2017, 2:07 PM

Re: To be a savior***

Mar 21, 2017, 3:30 PM

The exact same arguments are being made by SUC for XThomas as we are making for Zion ...

Re: To be a savior***

Mar 24, 2017, 5:24 PM

Only difference is that Thomas comes from a hard core Carolina family. I don't think that the Carolina fans will give Muschamp 7 years to win big. They care more for football than our administration does for basketball. I would love to see Thomas at Clemson.

Why did C.J. Spiller choose Clemson?

Mar 21, 2017, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Zion Williamson ]

He could have gone to Florida, Florida State, or any other program of his choosing - programs which had a much more successful history than Clemson did. But he chose Clemson because he loved the school, loved the coach, and wanted to be part of something great.

The same can be said for Tajh Boyd.

There is no reason why Zion Williamson can't feel the same way with regard to Clemson basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: Why did C.J. Spiller choose Clemson?

Mar 24, 2017, 4:03 PM

Yes bc our football team was just as bad as the basketball team is right now back in 2005? That would be a big ole NOPE! Our football team was coming of a 8-4 season with wins over FSU, USUCK, and Colorado. We had a solid team in place lead by our running game in Reggie and James Davis. We dont have a James Davis on this team. Basketball program is in the dumps I highly doubt a 5* is coming to Clemson. Our football program was light years ahead of where our basketball program is right now. We actually had a coach for starters in Dabo, still looking for a long term solution in the coaching position for Clemson in basketball bc BB isnt going to cut it.

Re: Why did C.J. Spiller choose Clemson?

Mar 24, 2017, 4:15 PM

At the time Bowden had convinced James Davis to come to Clemson. Building projects at Clemson had begun. The football program in those days were light years ahead of where the basketball program is now. Dabo had a reputation as a great recruiter who would not give up on Spiller. Brownell is not the recruiter that Dabo is. I'm not sure his assistants are much better. Zion may come here but right now that sweet 16 run by the chickens is impressing him more.

There was much more to it than that....

Mar 24, 2017, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Why did C.J. Spiller choose Clemson? ]

Let's just say something supernatural was "in the game". And James Davis played a part in it.

You can choose to believe it or not....:)

I would suggest asking CJ!

Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There was much more to it than that....

Mar 24, 2017, 4:58 PM

Thunder and lightning!

Mar 24, 2017, 5:31 PM

You need to stop drinking during the day...

Mar 26, 2017, 2:27 PM

Zero chance he comes to Clemson.

Mar 26, 2017, 2:34 PM

His father says that we are in it for his son. I guess we better put a quality product on the court to attract him. Like you I don't see him at Clemson. He's most likely a one and done player but I'd hope we would still sign him.

Mar 26, 2017, 2:36 PM

lol you hope we would sign him huh. smfh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As much as I'd like to think it could happen, I cannot

Mar 26, 2017, 2:34 PM

believe any top recruit would consider our roundball program right now.....I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see this happening.

Screw Calford.

Re: As much as I'd like to think it could happen, I cannot

Mar 26, 2017, 4:41 PM

Our recruiting problems just got worst with the resurgence of our hated rival. Being in the final four goes a long way with recruits like winning a national title in football.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic