Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zerrick Cooper my not be DW4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,331

Apr 22, 2016, 1:45 PM

But he sure as heck can get us to the Natty with the skill players and big boys that we have. We are going to be a power for years to come. DW4 is amazing and we are lucky to have him but he is not Clemson. We will win when he leaves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zerrick Cooper my not be DW4

Apr 22, 2016, 1:48 PM

I agree completely. We are so very lucky to have Deshaun, we are more than a "one trick pony show." We are better because of his efforts and a lot of others! What a great time to be a Tiger!

Apr 22, 2016, 1:51 PM

Yessir! It will be sad when he leaves but I believe our trend of rising to the top is going to continue and more great QBs will come partially because of what he did but also because Clemson isn't coming. Clemson is here to stay!

Apr 22, 2016, 1:54 PM

I have to agree. In 4 or 5 years Clemson will be known as QBU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

DW4 is special and one of a kind!***

Apr 22, 2016, 2:00 PM

Re: DW4 is special and one of a kind!***

Apr 22, 2016, 2:31 PM

Yes he is! The greatest I have ever seen at the QB position and maybe the greatest player overall. I put him and Reggie Bush at the top of greatest college football players of my life time.

Why is that other than Watson,

Apr 22, 2016, 2:04 PM

the best quarterback is someone who hasn't even participated in a scrimmage in a Clemson uniform? Cooper might be the man. Kelly might be the man. The Beard might be the guy who can win for us of DW stubs his toe.

I feel great about the future of Clemson and I think that having DW in a Tiger uniform, representing Clemson not on the field, but also in the community will make Clemson an attractive location for future highly touted signal callers. We saw the same effect from Sammy and Nuke for wide receivers.

That said, it's the coaches, the culture, and the organization that Dabo's built which will translate that recruiting success into sustained success as a program.

Re: Why is that other than Watson,

Apr 22, 2016, 2:29 PM

I agree with you for sure. It's the culture Dabo has built along with the tradition already there. As for when DW leaves if you think Zerrick will not be our starter you are grasping at straws. He is much better than Kelly or any other QB on our team right now.

Apr 22, 2016, 2:07 PM

Watson is the kind of talent that makes up for deficiencies in other areas. Luckily for us Dabo has been fixing those deficiencies with Watson at the helm. Our next QB may not be the total package that Watson is, but he may just walk into a role that is a lot easier because of the complete team around him.

null

All your QB's are belong to us!***

Apr 22, 2016, 2:13 PM

Apr 22, 2016, 2:31 PM

We are an elite program now but players like DW are once every 10 years or so.
We had CJ, then Sammy and now DW, I hope we finally kick the doors down this season.
We were oh so close last year.

Apr 22, 2016, 2:33 PM

Yes!!! Here's to a championship final run for DW as Clemson will keep making runs at them. Wonder who the next Tiger great will be.

Apr 22, 2016, 3:11 PM

We can only hope that future Tiger stars are as gracious and humble as DW4 has been during his Clemson career. He is composed on the field and off the field and he is not a 'chest thumper'!!!
I think he has been a very unpretentious football star and his shadow will continue to assist Clemson after he is a graduate and plying his trade in other situations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And he's taking 19 hours and will graduate early***

Apr 22, 2016, 3:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been a blessing to have him for two year and...

Apr 22, 2016, 3:27 PM

a blessing if he spends another year with out program. Growing up and moving on is a part of life. Our coaches have stated many times that growing these boys into men is a top priority. How can we grieve when we're successful at reaching one of our top goals?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,331
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic