Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zack Bailey commits to SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

Zack Bailey commits to SC

Aug 11, 2014, 6:58 AM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zack Bailey commits to SC

Aug 11, 2014, 7:09 AM

Looks like it that sucks.

Aug 11, 2014, 7:10 AM

Have good inside sources that say this one is not over. TIFWIW.

Aug 11, 2014, 7:29 AM

> Have good inside sources that say this one is not
> over. TIFWIW.

Beware! We are watching - listening.

Aug 11, 2014, 8:01 AM

>
> Beware! We are watching - listening.

-----------

Watch all you want you turd eating chicken.

Lol... on a rivals board. Your life is awesome.***

Aug 11, 2014, 8:27 AM

Aug 11, 2014, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Zack Bailey commits to SC ]

Who are you, Santa Claus?

Aug 11, 2014, 8:49 AM

Could be. What's it to you?

Aug 11, 2014, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Zack Bailey commits to SC ]

Some talent there. If he has committed , I wish him the best in his new home.
He will be a good player.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oh well, we still have a great oline class. Best in the nation***

Aug 11, 2014, 7:34 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Exactly and Bailey is scared of the competition.***

Aug 11, 2014, 7:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Exactly and Bailey is scared of the competition.***

Aug 11, 2014, 7:54 AM

Coots defending the talent level in their SEC rant in 5 ...4...3...2 ..1...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 11, 2014, 7:42 AM

Will be interesting to see how he holds up against Huggins the next few years.

I sincerely hope he is not practicing against Huggins.***

Aug 11, 2014, 1:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sincerely hope he is not practicing against Huggins.***

Aug 11, 2014, 2:00 PM

They were just going at it the other day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Im_The_Hulk/status/498220477035601921

Aug 11, 2014, 2:01 PM

No one cares what a sad little #### fan who is too embarrassed by his school to get a real screen name thinks.

null

Aug 11, 2014, 2:25 PM

What does my screen name have to do with whether or not Huggins and Bailey were practicing together?

Aug 11, 2014, 8:32 AM

Huggins to Ga

Aug 11, 2014, 8:33 AM

CARE TO WAGER ON THAT PUPPY.

Hate to see a kid fooled by a recruiter. Nothing sc has to

Aug 11, 2014, 8:57 AM

offer is superior to Clemson, especially what is important. He is another one that bought the Sec propaganda. If you are good enough, the NFL will come calling regardless of conference. Once football is over realize that a degree from a reputable university is what is important. Sc's reputation is similar to that of a junior college. Combine that with student life, family atmosphere, safety, etc and there is no comparison between Clemson and sc.

Clemson's former players flock back to campus whenever possible while those at sc never return and borderline early NFL entrants leave the ghetto in Columbia at firs opportunity. Terrible decision for Bailey.

Seriously? Come on.

Aug 11, 2014, 9:06 AM

I like to poke fun at SC and the areas that Clemson is superior all the time especially including education. Clemson is repeatedly rated as a higher academic environment and better education by 3rd party reviewers year in and year out, but to say that SC's education is akin to a junior college is foolishness.

Two questions. Know a non athlete not to get in school?

Aug 11, 2014, 1:56 PM

Know anyone to flunk out? I have never known anyone not to get accepted or to flunk out.

Me either. I have a degree from The Citadel and SC. Pharm

Aug 11, 2014, 10:47 PM

Pharmacy school was a joke at sc after The Citadel and several pharmacy classmates from Clemson said the same. 23 years since graduation and I haven't had one employer or interviewer ask me about sc. The Citadel comes up in everyone.

Re: Me either. I have a degree from The Citadel and SC. Pharm

Aug 12, 2014, 12:33 AM

What Pharmacy school did you attend and what was your PCAT score if I might ask?

Aug 12, 2014, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Me either. I have a degree from The Citadel and SC. Pharm ]

TruthorLou-
Serious question about The Citadel. Has the quality of student changed at The Citadel in the last 25 years?

When I looked at he recent Forbes ranking of schools, I was surprised The Citadel ranked where it did. Then I look at Collegeapps.com and the average SAT score for a freshman at The Citadel is 535 reading and 550 math for a 1085 total.

Clemson is shown to have an average of 610 reading and 635 math for a total of 1245. SCAR is at 590 reading and 605 math for a total of 1195.

I recently heard a story from my son who has a friend at The Citadel. My son relayed his story about a freshman getting slapped by an upperclassmen to his grandfather (my father-in-law) who is a Citadel grad. My FIL was upset to hear of such a thing happening.

I'm wondering if The Citadel is not attracting the quality of student it once did......the SAT scores are lower than I would expect and hearing stories like the above make me question if the character of the student has decreased as well.

Do you see anything different with The Citadel now from say the early 80's?

Aug 12, 2014, 1:28 AM

BTW, in case you or anyone else reading doesn't know, the SAT people "re-skewed" their test in the mid 90's. Apparently scores had gotten progressively lower since the 1950's and the average score needed to be "recentered".

Therefore if you took the SAT prior to somewhere around 1993, you can add about 140 points to your score.

For us older guys who scored lower on the SAT than much of the scores we hear today, this should be a relief to know that we are not dumber than today's kids.

Anyway, that 1085 average Citadel score reflects an average of about 945 prior to "re-skewing" and I just seem to remember The Citadel having hire SAT scores than that in the '80's.

I was accepted to Clemson, The Citadel and Furman in 1984

Aug 12, 2014, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Me either. I have a degree from The Citadel and SC. Pharm ]

with 1090 SAT score.

I am the atypical Cid grad as far as not being fanatical about the place and went there solely due to baseball scholarship. Growing up a Clemson fan, I have had Clemson season tickets since finishing pharmacy school at sc. IMO, The Citadel changed once it became coed but I'm not close enough to give accurate info. From my diehard Cid buddies, they feel like it has been slack the last 10-15 years but believe new commandant(Navy seal) will whip it back into shape.

By the way, in my day, we took a lot of hazing but once somebody hit you, you could defend yourself. Just understand that once you buck an upperclassmen, you will catch much more hell from the rest than just taking it. It's usually more mind games than anything else.

Re: I was accepted to Clemson, The Citadel and Furman in 1984

Aug 12, 2014, 11:44 AM

> with 1090 SAT score.
>
> I am the atypical Cid grad as far as not being
> fanatical about the place and went there solely due
> to baseball scholarship. Growing up a Clemson fan, I
> have had Clemson season tickets since finishing
> pharmacy school at sc. IMO, The Citadel changed once
> it became coed but I'm not close enough to give
> accurate info. From my diehard Cid buddies, they
> feel like it has been slack the last 10-15 years but
> believe new commandant(Navy seal) will whip it back
> into shape.
>
> By the way, in my day, we took a lot of hazing but
> once somebody hit you, you could defend yourself.
> Just understand that once you buck an upperclassmen,
> , you will catch much more hell from the rest than
> just taking it. It's usually more mind games than
> anything else.

The story about the hitting incident was that an upper classman had a knob act as an alarm clock. The knob had to get up and be in the upperclassmen's room before 6:00 AM and then stand over the bed and make an alarm clock sound....the upper classman would slap him across the face as a snooze button.

My son thought the story was funny but my FIL said that is an absolute no-no. Mental games are fine but putting hands on a knob was not allowed.

BTW, it probably took something close to a 1090 SAT to get into The Citadel back then......Lord of the Rings had only been out a year or two and the applications skyrocketed and The Citadel was very selective for awhile. As I mentioned in another post, that 1090 is the equivalent of about a 1200 in today's scores.....that is well above the current average The Citadel has today.

Aug 12, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Me either. I have a degree from The Citadel and SC. Pharm ]

Not sure where your numbers are coming from but here is a link to all three colleges info compared. Each school has there bad and good. With the Citadel if you are a KNOB (Freshman) then you can expect some hazing from the seniors.

http://colleges.findthebest.com/compare/3882-3913/Clemson-University-CU-vs-University-of-South-Carolina-Columbia-SC

Aug 12, 2014, 11:36 AM

> Not sure where your numbers are coming from but here
> is a link to all three colleges info compared. Each
> school has there bad and good. With the Citadel if
> you are a KNOB (Freshman) then you can expect some
> hazing from the seniors.
>
> http://colleges.findthebest.com/compare/3882-3913/Clem
> son-University-CU-vs-University-of-South-Carolina-Colu
> mbia-SC

I was just averaging the collegeapps.com SAT range they have for each school. Basically it was the average of the 25th percentile to 75th percentile for admitted freshman, so I guess the actual averages could be different.

That is ridiculous

Aug 11, 2014, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Hate to see a kid fooled by a recruiter. Nothing sc has to ]

but I bet you believe it.

That makes it even more amusing.

Re: That is ridiculous

Aug 11, 2014, 9:10 AM

Bailey just made the worst decision of his life. Sadly, he won't realize it for several years. Tymick, why are you here ? Go back where you came from , fantasyland.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is ridiculous

Aug 11, 2014, 9:13 AM

Laughing at posts like yours.

Laughing to keep from crying.***

Aug 11, 2014, 9:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Wouldn't have posted it if didn't believe it.***

Aug 11, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to That is ridiculous ]

Re: Hate to see a kid fooled by a recruiter. Nothing sc has to

Aug 11, 2014, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Hate to see a kid fooled by a recruiter. Nothing sc has to ]

Hate to break it to you but the college you get your degree at means very little after you graduate. Both Clem and SCAR are 'reputable' universities in that regard. Take off your glasses and stop drinking the kool-aid.

http://time.com/54342/it-doesnt-matter-where-you-go-to-college/

Doesn't matter where you go to college??

Aug 11, 2014, 11:21 AM

That only applies when you work dead end low paying jobs.

If you want to climb the corporate ladder or snag a cushy well paid office job than it absolutely matters where you went to college.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't matter where you go to college??

Aug 11, 2014, 12:09 PM

> That only applies when you work dead end low paying
> jobs.
>
> If you want to climb the corporate ladder or snag a
> cushy well paid office job than it absolutely matters
> where you went to college.

So a cushy well paid office job would split hairs over wether a candidate went to Clemson vs any other school? Hate to break it to you, but when it comes to management level Corp jobs, the only two things that matter are who you know, and previous work experience. Whats listed under your education on the resume is rarely, if ever, taken into consideration.

The only, and I repeat only, time an alma matter is used as hiring criteria is if the hiring manager or owner of the company is an alumnus of that institution as well.

Aug 11, 2014, 12:10 PM

lol poor #### lover. You are wrong on many levels. You can post this over and over again but it doesnt change the fact that a USC degree is slightly above a tech school.

null

Aug 11, 2014, 2:15 PM

http://www.sc.edu/Highlights/rankings.shtml

Aug 11, 2014, 2:25 PM

Wow... that is your official website? holy #### that looks awful.

Clemson a top 30 public school in the nation. Scar is no where close.

null

The Carnegie folks think Carolina is special...

Aug 11, 2014, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't matter where you go to college?? ]

awesome. Groundbreaking research. Isn't that one of the yankee families that profited from the blood of South Carolinians in the WBTS? Believe I'll go with Forbes and USNews on this one.

Re: The Carnegie folks think Carolina is special...

Aug 11, 2014, 2:54 PM

> awesome. Groundbreaking research. Isn't that one of
> the yankee families that profited from the blood of
> South Carolinians in the WBTS? Believe I'll go with
> Forbes and USNews on this one.

Forbes has Wofford #1 in the state followed by Furman. Forbes ranks schools on postgraduate success and other factors that are different than US News. Forbes has Clemson and SCAR ranked about the same nationally......160 something to 180 something. Barker has been singularly focused on US News' ranking since he became AD......the Forbes ranking has only been around 7-8 years.

Re: The Carnegie folks think Carolina is special...

Aug 11, 2014, 2:56 PM

I meant since Barker became prez.

Aug 11, 2014, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't matter where you go to college?? ]

in my experience as a hiring manager, I can say you are correct. I don't hire for "technical positions" so it may be different for engineers etc. In most cases, where you went to school is just a conversational item just to break the ice and get to know the candidate.

Aug 11, 2014, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't matter where you go to college?? ]

> >> That only applies when you work dead end low paying jobs.

You obviously haven't been in the recruiting world in technical fields where the jobs are NOT "dead end low paying jobs." I have an immediate family member who is a program manager and a top recruiter for a Fortune 50 employer(yes, 50 - not 500) who has not even gone/does not/will not go to Scar to recruit engineers for new grads, as well as for experienced engineers (goes to career fairs, University alumni associations, etc).

It's the company's position to go to Clemson, GT, VT, NC State, etc. to seek out/hire engineers -- not Scar.

I recently heard (saw) this firsthand when this family member told a Scar engineering sophomore pre-engineering student that the student seriously needed to consider transferring to Clemson, GT, or one of these other schools now, if he wanted to ever be seriously considered for an engineering position with this company (one of the largest, most profitable companies in the world with subsidiaries/offices in South Carolina).

So yea, it does matter - a Clemson engineering degree DEFINITELY carries more value, especially with Fortune 50 companies!

Aug 11, 2014, 9:28 PM

The person that gets stuck doing those kinds of events are not the ones you want to listen to. Hiring managers don't go to schools to scout employees. At least not for high paying jobs. The low paying entry level jobs maybe but not the good paying jobs.

Aug 11, 2014, 9:44 PM

> The person that gets stuck doing those kinds of
> events are not the ones you want to listen to.
> Hiring managers don't go to schools to scout
> t employees. At least not for high paying jobs. The
> low paying entry level jobs maybe but not the good
> paying jobs.

Wrong - my family member, who chooses to go "events", has hiring authority for this company for entry and mid-level management positions, and also is a part of the selection process for certain upper level positions. Btw, ALL of the engineering and IT positions being recruited are excellent high-paying jobs, including the entry-level jobs (it is a Fortune 50 high-tech company, not Wal-Mart)!

Aug 11, 2014, 10:12 PM

Just curious what fortune 50 company does your family member work for. I work in the IT field also and work for a fortune 50 company.

Aug 11, 2014, 10:32 PM

>>Just curious what fortune 50 company does your family >>member work for. I work in the IT field also and work >>for a fortune 50 company.

Would prefer not to, don't know you or your motives (12% pulse? Not a CU Tiger....)

Aug 12, 2014, 8:59 AM

Thats true I understand. in defense of my pulse Im a Gamecock fan and every post i put up I have at least 10 people dropping my pulse no matter what I say. You can take a look at my responses all of them are respectful and even complementary at times. Well at least I try to be but it is difficult when many on this site are so disrespectful. If your family member is hiring someone based on the college they went to then he is not getting the best person for the job. In the IT field we use knowledge to hire. I know system admins, and software engineers that never attended a college. Network engineers will normally always be a college grad. A person can be terrible in the field that they go to college for. I had a family member who had terrible hearing but went to college to become a court reporter. She has a degree for a simple job but because she does not have strong hearing she will never work a day in that job. Same with IT you have to have the disposition for that field. That is why most IT companies will look at the person they are hiring instead of the college they attended.

Aug 11, 2014, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate to see a kid fooled by a recruiter. Nothing sc has to ]

lol poor #### lover.

null

who would you rather hire

Aug 11, 2014, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Hate to see a kid fooled by a recruiter. Nothing sc has to ]

assumming both candidates have the same experience and gpa. A person who went to coastal carolina or a person that went to west point?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 11, 2014, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Hate to see a kid fooled by a recruiter. Nothing sc has to ]

Still drinking the kool aide I see.

Aug 11, 2014, 8:00 PM

Truth is tough to take . Clemson grad is always better than a Dirtpecker Grocery Checker .

DB23

Aug 11, 2014, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Hate to see a kid fooled by a recruiter. Nothing sc has to ]

Hodad sounds like a liberal chicken.....probably from the Pacific islands......bock bock....bacock. PA.....

Aug 11, 2014, 9:32 AM

That is his loss. Not Clemson's

LOL

Aug 11, 2014, 9:39 AM

How anybody can send their kid there is beyond me. They will finish off their class with around 30 kids, meaning they will send 5 kids home with a broken promise. Glad he is off our board, too bad our coaches chasing him appartenly cost us Boulware. Maybe that was what Bailey was waiting for.

Re: LOL

Aug 11, 2014, 9:54 AM

Been saying Bailey to SC for months, his relationship with OL coach Shawn Elliot was too much. Some of yall need a reality check and grip on life. For you to say that this decision will be the worst he has ever made and will regret it is childish. I guess you wont be inviting him to your birthday party wither? SC will have at least 5 early enrollees so quit whining about numbers.

Oh yeah and superdawg is right, Huggins just may be a dawglock, sucks for all of us.

Early enrollees has nothing to do with numbers...they needed

Aug 11, 2014, 1:30 PM

4 guys to fail academically from last years class just to make numbers for this year (according to OBC Jr). So how does early enrollees help with that? When you oversign, it is in your best interest to not have everyone qualify...duh, which is crappy to the kids who need help in bettering their lives. That is what irritates me about how the SEC and others operate. For every person oversigned, someone gets disappointed, not debatable.

Re: Early enrollees has nothing to do with numbers...they needed

Aug 11, 2014, 1:49 PM

Please show me that quote from "OBC Jr."
We currently have 76 scholarship players. If all 6 kids from last year had qualified, we would be at our limit of 82. Since the 6 didn't qualify we are able to count 6 back as early enrollees giving us a total of 31 commitments for 2015.

You can't be serious with your comment about the

Aug 11, 2014, 10:01 AM [ in reply to LOL ]

coaches? One of the top OL classes in the nation. Get real!!!!!

The comment wasnt about the coaches

Aug 11, 2014, 1:22 PM

It is a shame that chasing after this Coot so hard the past two months apparently hurt our chances for Boulware...thats all. They know more about the chances they have than I do, but everything I ever heard about Bailey was Coot from the get go.

The coaches have done a great job, not sure how that has anything to do with this particular scenario. I thought we needed a G, and from a while back it looked like Boulware wanted to be that guy, then this obsession with Bailey started...and now we have neither. Its a loss, like I said I am glad he is off the board so people can focus on others.

Kids in the Palmetto State grow up leaning strongly ...

Aug 11, 2014, 2:03 PM

... one way or the other.

There are rare exceptions, but this is pretty much the rule.

If a kid whose family has lived in South Carolina a long time and who grew up in the state says he's "on the fence", then he's either playing you, or he's highly unusual.

Most of them know where they want to go from the time they suit up in pee wee's.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but we really need to interrupt the s'ville pipeline

Aug 11, 2014, 11:14 AM

that leads everywhere but clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re:The Coach at Summerville was the grandfather of

Aug 11, 2014, 10:25 PM

McElveen who was the back up QB a few years ago. I don't think Summerville is as big of a football powerhouse as it used to be. I think Goose Creek and Statford have had more recruits than Summerville lately.

Re:The Coach at Summerville was the grandfather of

Aug 11, 2014, 10:31 PM

John McKissick. Most coaching wins in football at any level all-time. State championships in 5 different decades. Sent Keith Jennings and Bernard Rambert to Clemson , among others.
Summerville is still very much a great football program , just not at the level they were many years ago when McKissick was a bit younger.

DB23

Aug 11, 2014, 11:40 AM

F off #### lover.

null

Aug 11, 2014, 11:49 AM

The nations #1 Offensive Lineman

Mitch Hyatt....

Says hello!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2014, 12:05 PM

> The nations #1 Offensive Lineman
>
> Mitch Hyatt....
>
> Says hello!!
>
> Go Tigers!!!

#1 as rated by whom? ESPN, Rivals and 24/7 all have him as the 2nd or 3rd ranked. Its all meaningless anyway, but just curious why you say that?

Aug 11, 2014, 12:06 PM

And another pathetic #### lover to add to the list.

null

He's foolish***

Aug 11, 2014, 12:07 PM

Zack smells money and KornCOOT's ###***

Aug 11, 2014, 12:14 PM

A-S-S***

Aug 11, 2014, 12:17 PM

Aug 11, 2014, 12:28 PM

Bailey is a strictly a guard and will never play tackle in college, cannot pass protect.
He struggled at Camp when they put him at tackle, big time.
BIG Boy though....

Tigers backed off of this kid...

Aug 11, 2014, 1:08 PM

better prospects on the coaches' board. Like you said, he's just not that good. He just can't pass protect.

Tell'em Coot***

Aug 11, 2014, 1:10 PM

Re: Tigers backed off of this kid...

Aug 11, 2014, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Tigers backed off of this kid... ]

and another pathetic #### lover too ashamed of his school to get a real screen name.

null

Re: Tigers backed off of this kid...

Aug 11, 2014, 10:38 PM

Backed off? The kid was a silent commit for 3 months. He needs work to play at USC, and will have a heck of a coach to bring him along. This has been expected for quite some time. After Christian Pellage, OL, 6'7", 300, pledged to South Carolina yesterday, Bailey had to move or be left at the bus station.

You guys know I show respect on your board. Have for over 15 years. Bailey is so big and strong he has held back in high school. Once he starts getting banged around by SEC DL's at USC ... he will get mean.

Congrats on your class. I think it's awesome that both major SC programs are having top five classes this year. Our game can become the Ohio State / Michigan games of past years. We'll both sign top five classes in February. Life is good.

Peace out, and congrats on your class. No hiding from this Carolina fan. Never have, never will. Don't like it when it's on your board or ours. Beat Georgia ... I'll be pulling for you!

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic