Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

UGA Game

Jul 9, 2013, 6:06 PM

Who do you all think will be the X-Factor in the UGA game for us. We all expect Boyd, Watkins, Etc. to be good. Im thinking Vic Beasley is really going to play well. He gets off the ball quick alot of times and led the team in sacks last year not even starting. Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA Game

Jul 9, 2013, 6:13 PM

I would put my money on Blanks. The guy is a beast and will be the leader of a secondary in need of leadership and a new direction. What better than a young guy with a ton of talent?

Jul 9, 2013, 6:17 PM

I cant disagree with that pick either. I loved his aggression and play last year. I believe there are going to be many standouts on the defense this year and no one besides clemson fans are talking about it because of Doo Doo at USuC getting all the attention. I also think M. Alexander will be the real deal and ive liked breeland also. And then our LB's wow we have a stable there.

Hot Rod***

Jul 9, 2013, 6:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree - he's going to need to have a big game.......

Jul 9, 2013, 7:09 PM

as we can't just throw the ball. If we can run it and pass it then our offense will be in high gear.

Zac Brooks

Jul 9, 2013, 7:03 PM

nm

This is easy

Jul 9, 2013, 11:12 PM

Without question:

#11 - Travis Blanks

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is easy

Jul 9, 2013, 11:22 PM

I agree that Travis Blanks will have a great game. But I think our DL is better than they will ever get credit for. Look for Cory Crawford to step up against ThUGA. I'd go so far as to anger folks and say we've got the best DLine in the state. We certainly have the depth. I'm curious to see how Tavaris Barnes and Lawson step up at DE. Will Scott Pagano be the next plug in the middle in a few years. If I remember correctly, with the exception of Rennie Moore, all of our starting DL from 09 to present is on an NFL roster. We just need one big DE recruit to bring in some correct attitude and we're set. Just an opinion.

Jul 9, 2013, 11:41 PM

I'm going to go with Grady Jarrett and Shaq Lawson. I think Shaq will make an immediate impact, and Grady showed what he is capable of against LSU. On offense, I'm saying Martavis Bryant. His speed and length will just be too much. May not have a ton of catches, but the ones he gets will be big plays

Robert Smith

Jul 10, 2013, 12:16 AM

Got a good feeling about this guy!

x factor equals LB play

Jul 10, 2013, 3:49 AM

We all know how good our dline is. We know the potential for the secondary. But the LB core is a lil of both. Both proven and shaky in some reguards. Our Lbs can supplent our pass coverage to make it stronger or it can help our dline with run stopping and blitz packages. Our LBs will be given a daunting task of stopping the run and covering or blitzing well on 3rd downs. They will be the ones most affected on PA as well. IMO our defensive success depends on them

Jul 10, 2013, 8:56 AM

Shuey on D. He will bust Gurleys a$$ all night. His one and only job will be to hit him every play.

Bryant on O. With all of the inexperience in their secondary. Their best defenders will be double teaming Sammy, leaving Martavis with the green light all night.

Jul 10, 2013, 9:01 AM

You know he's moved to the outside, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Linebackers

Jul 10, 2013, 9:03 AM

All our DL has to do is keep our stable of backers from being blocked. I trust BVs ability to coach them right to stop the run--disallowing the pups to play keep away from us. They have 2 RBs and we have, IMO, 5 quality backers to bust their a$$. If we shut down the run early, and it turns into a shoot out, you have to like our odds.

Go Tigers!

Not stirring the pot.

Jul 10, 2013, 9:33 AM

Who is your starting center, Norton or Guillermo? And do you guys think that Crowder will start day 1?

Re: Not stirring the pot.

Jul 10, 2013, 5:55 PM

Yes I think Crowder will start day 1 and I believe we wont know until after fall camp about starting center. Im assuming your a UGA fan so I have a few questions if you dont mind. How do you think your Defense overall will be this year with the loses last year to the draft and graduating? Also whats one player on UGA you think Clemson should watch out for? other than obvious Gurley, Murray, Etc. Thanks

Jul 10, 2013, 6:38 PM

Thanks for the answer. I feel like this unit will be as good or better than last years defense, but they will need time and experience. Obviously our secondary is the weak link and there is no getting around that. The pass rush will be key for us. We have a lot more experience coming back in the front seven than we do in the secondary so I feel pretty good about that. Guys to watch for in my opinion would be DT Jonathan Taylor #94 (rFreshman), DE Ray Drew #47 (Junior), and OLB Jordan Jenkins #59 (Sophmore) in my opinion. Truthfully though you just don't know how any of these kids are going to play until they're out there playing.

Jul 10, 2013, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Not stirring the pot. ]

No I don't think Crowder will start. Tyler Shatley and David Beasley both return, and Brandon Thomas and Ryan Norton are also rumored to possibly be options there. He could possibly redshirt. IMO, Norton starts. Guillermo is good, but Norton is an old fashioned nasty lineman who wants to rip your head off and take it to your momma

our o-line against their d-line. if we give boyd any time

Jul 10, 2013, 7:21 PM

at all, he will literally pick the inexperienced uga d apart. we do not have nearly as many questions on the defensive side of the ball (as uga), so i will submit my vote for our o-line against their d-line, as i do not think they have a snowballs chance in **** of simply outscoring us, thanks to our "d".

xfactors for uga game

Jul 10, 2013, 8:35 PM

Peake on offense... Anthony on defense

I'm frankly worried because

Jul 10, 2013, 9:09 PM

we had the "X" factors lined up at the USC game at home last year - Tajh, Nuk, favored, higher in the polls - they were without their best running back and starting quarterback. We can definitely win the game with the dawgs but the worry factor is there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic