Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers suffer another close road loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers suffer another close road loss

Feb 16, 2019, 2:18 PM

Tigers suffer another close road loss

Clemson’s run of near-misses on the road continued with a 56-55 loss at No. 16 Louisville Saturday. The Tigers (15-10, 5-7 ACC) led for much of the second half, Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers suffer another close road loss

Feb 16, 2019, 2:39 PM

Really tough loss but i really liked the fight in the team all the way to the end just wish one of our shots there would have gone in.

Feb 16, 2019, 4:27 PM

that's what we have been saying forever --one good year for brownell and back to normal

Captain Obvious here:

Feb 16, 2019, 3:26 PM

Tigers desperately need just one player who can hit three-pointers in his sleep.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If brown L could recruit, they would have that shooter***

Feb 16, 2019, 9:42 PM

brown L continues to not be the answer***

Feb 16, 2019, 3:47 PM

ZERO contributions from Skara and Simms

Feb 16, 2019, 4:26 PM

No excuse for Simms not being a scoring option for the Tigers. He has way too much versatility to be an inside/outside threat, but tends to look to jack up 3's as his first option. Just another lack of coaching from Brownell to not utilize what skills his players have. I don't even see Skara being the "great" defensive shut down guy the media often refers to. The bench options are non-existent and if Brownell can't win with 4 and 5 year guys this year, the Tigers are looking at a loooooong '19-'20 season.

though disappointed

Feb 16, 2019, 4:37 PM

I’m very proud of this team. UL is a very good basketball team with way superior talent and we had a 3 ft shot to win at the end. Everyone wants to ##### and complain but these players fight and battle and never say die. How many thought down by 7 with just a few seconds to go we would have TWO shots inside the paint to win? I sure didn’t.

Unfortunately, this team can’t seem to get a break but yet, there is no quit in them. No one hates losing more than me but this is a good, not great, Clemson team that deserves some praise and support.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2019, 5:17 PM

The problem is not the players' lack of effort, the problem is that we don't have a coach that knows how to win close games. This is loss #3 that could have, probably should have, been a win. It is way past time that Clemson got serious about fielding a basketball team and let Brownell go. I've been saying that for years. Last year was a his one good year among years of mediocrity. This year is just more of the same ole stuff. And as someone said, next year will be the pits. BTW, I guess we all know who is now leading Tennessee to be the #1 team in the nation.

Feb 16, 2019, 6:18 PM

#firebradbrownell
It's time... players play and coaches recruit and should put his players in a chance to win... even the close ones. It's time.

Feb 16, 2019, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers suffer another close road loss ]

100 % agree. I wish BB the best... I just hope its somewhere else other than Clemson. Shame we can’t find a Dabo for ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two Things That Pain Me With Clemson MBB

Feb 16, 2019, 6:17 PM

1 - Incessant blame of coach BB for all our losses and lack of respect for him as a coach
2 - TNET’s virtually nonexistent coverage of MBB compared to football

I love watching this team and I love their fight every game. I believe coach BB has done a respectable job recruiting older players to try to build a team that can compete. He runs a program of integrity and coaches well with what he has to work with. If BB had 1 - 2 more three point shooters in the rotation that he could count on, our team would have won at least 4 - 5 more games already this season (Louisville, Miami, NC State, Nebraska and maybe Creighton). Brad can coach all day long, but he can’t make the shots drop for his kids. Example - Last year we had a legit three point shooter and look at the difference one guy made. If we had him (or someone similar) this year, we’d have won all the games mentioned above.

Keep fighting MBB - Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said yourself...

Feb 16, 2019, 9:45 PM

"IF we had 3 point shooters..." If brown L could recruit, we'd have those shooters. That's the answer to your first bullet point.

The answer to the second bullet point is encapsulated in your profile icon.

Brownell is a good coach. Some people who post

Feb 16, 2019, 6:26 PM

about the basketball team's woes and blame it on Coach Brownell are cesspool dwellers.

Re: Brownell is a good coach. Some people who post

Feb 16, 2019, 9:24 PM

Do I think BB is a good ?? coach. Yes .. I think he is. I believe the players play for him as there is NO QUIT in this team. However, where I feel we need to get better is discipline! I believe when we really need to make a play we look like a deer in headlights! There needs to be some more creativity in the offense as well. And we do need a consistent shooter from beyond the arc. Until we fix the above its gonna be a frustrating year!

brown L can't recruit at a level high enough***

Feb 16, 2019, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Brownell is a good coach. Some people who post ]

watching the final seconds

Feb 16, 2019, 8:12 PM

Reed got away with pulling his guy down to make the steal.

the Lvl player, Nwora i think, made a great play on Reed's shot to get his hand on the ball just enough

wish Newman had taken more time. he had enough time to come down and go back up with a better shot

so close to an incredible comeback... almost scored 8 points in 9 seconds...

Brownell is 28-47 at Clemson in...

Feb 17, 2019, 8:06 AM

...games decided by 4 points or less and/or in OT. That is coaching folks. Not bad luck.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic