Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one that thinks the key to our victory over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Am I the only one that thinks the key to our victory over

Feb 14, 2011, 11:57 AM

the coots on Saturday may rest more on Dye and the running game rather than having Watson play significant minutes?

I believe Cole can do well. Not that he is a better talent than Watson is, just that he can manage us and make the throws he needs to. I point to the Georgia game as evidence. He did really well the first half, our receivers dropped 3-5 balls that would have kept drives going.

In my mind, regardless of who the QB is, as long as we win the turnover margin, and average 4+ yards a run, I think we have a great shot at winning, even if we just score 10-14 points.

If we can just sustain drives and give our defense time to rest on the sidelines, I love our chances, and to me that means the run game doing well, not so much the QB facilitaing it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Am I the only one that thinks the key to our victory over

Nov 25, 2014, 12:09 PM

I hear ya. I just think the offensive mindset of the team is different with Watson in the game. I think Cole is a great guy, but if DW4 can go it changes everything. I just hope that SCAR D looks like the SCAR D we have watched all season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lot of ifs and buts

Nov 25, 2014, 12:10 PM

If I were the old ball sack. .I would load the box stop the run and go after the qb. . No matter who it was.

Stoudt has proven he will make mistakes throwing the ball. Watson has proven he is injury prone. Get lot of people in the backfield to make Stoudt throw or Watson run. Stop the run name. . Take your chances with your secondary.

If I were Morris I would plan for that and find ways to take advantage of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

you bring up a good point, have 2 games plans!! first half

Nov 25, 2014, 12:13 PM

and second half so when they make adjustments we throw something new at them.

Re: lot of ifs and buts

Nov 25, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to lot of ifs and buts ]

GeevilleTiger: Your point is exactly why we must throw over the middle, short passes into areas vacated by the LBs and let the receivers get the add on yards.

With their young secondary...

Nov 25, 2014, 1:14 PM [ in reply to lot of ifs and buts ]

They are going to play lots of quarters zone with their DB's. It's one of the simplest defenses out there. They will be forced to do this because they are so young in the secondary. Quarters will put 9 men in the box on running plays and 7 in the box on pass plays.

It's also a very good defense against Chad's favorite play, the bubble screen.

http://strongfootballcoach.com/use-quarters-coverage-football-dominate/

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: With their young secondary...

Nov 25, 2014, 1:29 PM

I wonder why everyone doesn't use this impenetrable and easy to learn defense. Who knew.

Re: With their young secondary...

Nov 25, 2014, 1:56 PM

> I wonder why everyone doesn't use this impenetrable and easy to learn defense.

Only one of those adjectives is accurate. Why do you think they're using it?

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

with their run defense, I would start out pounding it a

Nov 25, 2014, 12:11 PM

little with Gallman and Dye and let that set up the play action so DW won't have to carry the run game. Those two plays should help open up the flats for the bubble screen and if you just mix those up, we should be effective.

Re: with their run defense, I would start out pounding it a

Nov 25, 2014, 1:00 PM

Play action only works if the OL is on top of their game ... therefore you probably will not see a lot of that. I do think the Tigers will rush the ball 40 + times in this game, especially IF the OL can handle a mediocre coot defensive front. Downfield passing will probably be at a minimum if Cole plays the entire game. It is vital that the receivers block well in this game. Some games we do and some we do not! The OB last year was a great performance by the downfield blockers .. especially Hump.
I will be truly surprised if this isn't our best defensive game of the year. Let's not talk about turnovers! Last week our cootlumbia friends did it a lot. I am hoping for more! I am waiting on an early jet sweep to set the tone for this game. How about Scott for 'player of the game'?

No you are not--

Nov 25, 2014, 12:16 PM

but I appear to be the only one who wonders if Watson can make it through an entire game without getting hurt.

Here's to hoping after season ends he heals, eats, eats some more and then has dessert

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree - if we can't run the ball then we.......

Nov 25, 2014, 12:53 PM

put too much on our QB whoever he is to win the game passing the ball, especially if our O-line can't protect him.

And we've got to play smart and not commit stupid penalties and turn the ball over - those are the things that kill momentum in a big emotional game like this one.

And I hope our FG and punting games come through and not like against FSU.

You've got to remember that the Georgia game was before

Nov 25, 2014, 1:02 PM

Tigernet spent all season trying to destroy Cole's confidence by telling him how bad he is.

Re: You've got to remember that the Georgia game was before

Nov 25, 2014, 1:12 PM

"Tigernet spent all season trying to destroy Cole's confidence by telling him how bad he is."

All season? Maybe you misspelled "halftime of the Georgia game."

That's when Cole lost his confidence.

Re: You've got to remember that the Georgia game was before

Nov 25, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to You've got to remember that the Georgia game was before ]

That simply is not true and you must know it. Cole played respectably in the first two games. It is only in the last 2-3 that he has not played well.

Re: Am I the only one that thinks the key to our victory over

Nov 25, 2014, 1:15 PM

Just think if Mike hadn't dropped that ball Cole would be a great QB!

I think the key is scoring more points.***

Nov 25, 2014, 3:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic