Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cheapest streaming option or free trial?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Cheapest streaming option or free trial?

Aug 7, 2019, 8:45 AM

I'm thinking we won't see Clemson on the ACCN but for this one game, so if Dish doesn't pick up the ACCN, which is what it looks like at this point, is there a streaming service that gives you 30 days free or a week free or something as a trial during which time I could watch the GT game?

Aside from that, I looked at YouTube TV ($40/mo) and Hulu Live ($45/mo) but that's way too pricey just to get the ACCN. I'm happy with Dish and my DVR with them (and it works with my Google Home, so that's a plus) and am just looking for a way to get the minimum services that would include the ACCN. Any other options?

On an aside, sure would be nice if there was a service - cable, satellite, streaming, whatever - where you could pay for and get only what you wanted to get and not all the other crap that comes with it. It's like the use the popular channels to subsidize the existence of the less popular channels. Oh well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cheapest streaming option or free trial?

Aug 7, 2019, 8:49 AM

Amen to your final point. There are dozens of channel I never watch. 25 channels would probably be plenty for me

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Youtube TV is $50 per month, but can get it at $9 per month

Aug 7, 2019, 8:54 AM

if you can find 5 friends or family members to share the cost. All 6 members have their own accounts to log in and have own unlimited DVR.

I'm in the same boat...We have DISH and DISH Outdoors for

Aug 7, 2019, 8:59 AM

tailgate setup and I really don't want to switch carriers. We can't make the GT game so I've got to find a way to watch. Unfortunately, DISH has a habit of trying to be a harda$$ in negotiations (No HBO, FSS) so it won't surprise me if there is no DISH/ACCN on August 29th.

My plan is to signup for one of the streaming services (YoutubeTV or Hulu Live) so that we can watch the 1st game. My problem is that our internet speed USuCks, we are supposed to have 10mbps but only get 6mbps. There are no other internet providers in our area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm in the same boat...We have DISH and DISH Outdoors for

Aug 7, 2019, 9:04 AM

Honestly, if I can't get it free somehow, like with a free trial, or find some other way to watch it conveniently, I'm not going to bother. We're, what, a 35 point favorite? If it was the TA&M game, that'd be different.

Dish is a pain in the a$$. Currently, I can't get the local Fox channel, 21, due to some negotiation crap with the station owner. Previously, we've lost NBC as well.

There's always Wild Wings or the like....

Have Sling, since their beginning

Aug 7, 2019, 9:38 AM

Started with the Orange package and now have the total two packages (Orange and Blue) so we can watch up to three devices at once. Cheapest service of all. My cost is $40.00 a month but it is cheaper now for new customers. ACCN is showing up as a channel but of course has nothing on it. The Orange package now costs $15.00 per month and does include the ESPN channels.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic