Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Finebaum: "We got the best game, but it’s not the sexiest"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

FB Update: Finebaum: "We got the best game, but it’s not the sexiest"

Jan 3, 2017, 12:27 PM

Finebaum: "We got the best game, but it’s not the sexiest"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Finebaum: "We got the best game, but it’s not the sexiest"

Jan 3, 2017, 12:30 PM

He know what's about to happen

Boy, when I think who the ultimate arbiter of what's "sexy"

Jan 3, 2017, 12:30 PM

Finebaum sure comes to mind.

*shudder*

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boy, when I think who the ultimate arbiter of what's "sexy"

Jan 3, 2017, 6:52 PM

I almost laughed out loud when I thought about the headline and I saw that mug of PF. What an utterly ill-favored man he is! He has a great face for radio.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it ain't Hollywood. It ain't like a pro game based

Jan 3, 2017, 12:35 PM

in a major city with a huge media market across the nation. It's 2 Southern teams.

So no, it ain't sexy but that is o'kay because it is true college football by God!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is true***

Jan 3, 2017, 12:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would this person be who you go to for "sexiest"?***

Jan 3, 2017, 12:39 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You don't think he looks good here?

Jan 3, 2017, 1:11 PM

finebaum

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would this person be who you go to for "sexiest"?***

Jan 3, 2017, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Would this person be who you go to for "sexiest"?*** ]

His parents were ET and a Saharan camel.

Jan 3, 2017, 6:54 PM

Shouldn't laugh, but that was good! +1

Jan 3, 2017, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Would this person be who you go to for "sexiest"?*** ]

Yes! I would stick it in his ear***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2017, 12:40 PM

Speaking of not being sexy.

He wanted a Big Ten team whose offenses are tailor made

Jan 3, 2017, 12:43 PM

for Bama's defense......like Michigan State last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Clemson's defense this year***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's rather have older, mature ex-hottie than hottest new

hottie?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2017, 12:45 PM

I've seen Finebaum in person and he is not sexy by anyone's definition. He looks more like an old Barney Fife. And while Thelma Lou was pretty, I don't think she was sexy either.

Come on, nothing wrong with Thelma Lou, but

Jan 3, 2017, 7:38 PM

Charlene Darling is the one for me!

PAUL FineB is bias, stupid at times & a Bama lapdog!

Jan 4, 2017, 1:10 AM

Well Paul..the Nation saw OHst & they crappped in the national limelight! C U Monday night!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except

Jan 3, 2017, 12:52 PM

It wouldn't have been Clemson vs. Bama if we were still in the BCS era. It would've been Bama vs OSU... http://www.colleyrankings.com/curBcsLike.html

Jan 3, 2017, 12:59 PM

Paul, you are saying what America wants when you really are saying what you want.

No matter what is said there will never be any full truth in what America wants.

Find another cliche or just state things as they really are.

of course as a bama fan he wanted ohio state.

Jan 3, 2017, 1:07 PM

instead of clemson

Correct me if I'm wrong

Jan 3, 2017, 1:09 PM

But DW4 had a pretty good game against Pitt. so "but many people rode Deshaun Watson off after the loss to Pittsburgh" doesn't make sense. Sure he had 3 ints, but the running game was anemic, and he had to throw it 70 times. He completed 52 of them, which is 72%, and had 3 TDs and 580 yards.

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong

Jan 3, 2017, 1:43 PM

No, the running game was nonexistent. Probably the reason Clemson lost.

Jan 3, 2017, 1:54 PM

No, the reason Clemson lost was because we couldn't stop Pitts offense. When you put 42 on the board you should be celebrating not losing. The Offense did have its struggles, with Turnovers and anemic Run game but it has nothing to do with why we lost that game. I do see that loss as a positive because it opened the eyes of the entire team and made them more focused as evident by the games since then. Go Tigers

Jan 3, 2017, 5:34 PM

Thank-you!!

People blame this on the O.
That loss was on the D. BUT the D is the main reason we curve stomped the ohio yanks.

WHAT AN IDIOT

Jan 3, 2017, 1:56 PM

How in the world can clearly the 2 best teams in the country not be the sexiest matchup??? #1 vs #2. This is football. Not a beauty contest. How can you say the country wanted OSU after a 31 point shutout???? They are no longer THE Ohio State University. I think Ohio University is now THE university in Ohio. And, let's really get real. I hope the committee has now learned that if you do not play in and win your conference championship, you are not fit for the CFP.

Finebaum reminds me of this guy

Jan 3, 2017, 1:56 PM
finebaum.jpg(73.8 K)

Tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

You're wrong . . .

Jan 3, 2017, 2:18 PM

. . . I would assume anyway . . . about something - like all of us. But not about that!! LOL.

Thing about Finebaum's point is, I GET what he means, and it might have been a decent point, say 6, 8 years ago, but by now, Clemson is pretty much an elite program. Not with as much historical pedigree as some others, but plenty enough, and when combined with recent success, we are "sexy" enough as any other matchup for Alabama would be. Paul's reaching back to the mindset of yesteryear. I also think he's the odd man out. I bet most fans that don't have a dog in the fight (i.e. OSU and gamecock fans), probably like the intrigue of this one more than another, hackneyed "traditional" matchup.

Non-Alabama fans want the team that has the best chance of

Jan 3, 2017, 2:29 PM

beating Bama playing against them. There is an Alabama fatigue going around, and that means Clemson just gained a lot of fans for this game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Non-Alabama fans want the team that has the best chance of

Jan 3, 2017, 7:25 PM

I'm working in Ohio and can verify that as a YES.

Even UT fans wanting Clemson to drill bammer.

OSU fans saying I hope you kill them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Finebaum Lost All Credibility

Jan 3, 2017, 2:54 PM

Someone who makes a living as a football analyst should know all about who Clemson is, and particularly who Deshaun Watson is. He must be the only person involved in college football who is not excited by this rematch.

Jan 3, 2017, 3:38 PM

He said that the public wanted Bama-OSU. It is my belief that the public is getting EXACTLY what they wanted…a rematch of the most entertaining National Championship game in history. The Bama-OSU game is what the MEDIA wanted, because THEY are the ones who are shoved up Saban’s and Meyer’s a$$es, not the public.

Jan 3, 2017, 3:58 PM

This is a good example of how pendants can miss a paradigm shift in sports, as well as politics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sexy is the reason why some of these rankings are bull crap

Jan 3, 2017, 4:21 PM

It's always made up of SEC teams then Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oklahoma (smh) etc. then the teams that actually deserve to be there. Every year. It's all a set up to create "sexy" matchups. Meyer and Saban should have matched up in the Peach Bowl where OSU belonged. The day needs to come when people get over what coaches/teams have done in the past as it relates to how good their teams are now. Spurrier left his prime in Florida. Holtz left his prime in South Bend (both careers died in Columbia), Meyer's glory years were at Florida. It's old heads like Finebaum in the media who need to open their eyes to the fresh and "sexy" programs coming up.

Jan 3, 2017, 4:23 PM

This guy is the biggest tool ever..Who would want to see Ohst Vs Alabama? Two defenses and crappy offenses?

I am sure if they do a voting amongs college football fans most would love a Clemson vs Alabama NC game.

Best offense vs best defense. an NFL bound QB against a defense thats going to put many in NFL. Thats a dream matcup for TV.

Honestly, I was bored of watching Ohst play against us. They never looked like they can get a 1st down, forget a Touch down..

I don't know Paul...a Clemson win would be pretty sexy.***

Jan 3, 2017, 4:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know Paul...a Clemson win would be pretty sexy.***

Jan 3, 2017, 5:05 PM

If anybody knows sexy it is Pawl Finkbomb

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What would be sexy about an OSU massacre? Dude must be

Jan 3, 2017, 5:08 PM

a sadist.

Jan 3, 2017, 6:44 PM

There's a New Sheriff, in town, bro....
Meet Dabo Swinney: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/640/LK/LKXWJSYXGOKVELA.20130501150036.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml%3FATCLID%3D205529394&h=640&w=426&tbnid=uy7jtpid_Bo9HM:&vet=1&tbnh=186&tbnw=123&docid=iJemnUdnjc7loM&itg=1&usg=__2bUSVCyDGkSUAG7mZ3sSXAmh5wI=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiswPn0kqfRAhXG6IMKHRU0CKUQ_B0IdTAM

What does Finebaum know about sexy?***

Jan 3, 2017, 7:06 PM

A defensive bore fest?

Jan 3, 2017, 7:20 PM

OSU has D?

Lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic