Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last year was CLEMSON's best chance to beat BAMA..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Last year was CLEMSON's best chance to beat BAMA..

Nov 19, 2016, 12:47 PM

But flawed badly on Special Teams (125th of 128) and it showed since Bama went right at our ST's.

Saying..TiGS aren't as solid this year at our other wise normally strong positions (like: Running game, Oline, QB play, Dbacks, etc) so IMHO they won't beat Bama this year either, sadly.

Prove me wrong..PLEASE!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're sober, Bill. HaVE sOmE rUM.***

Nov 19, 2016, 12:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Last year was CLEMSON's best chance to beat BAMA..

Nov 19, 2016, 12:52 PM

So if Bama loses round 1 of the playoffs, you're saying we'd win ;)

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Out of Rum...

Nov 19, 2016, 12:55 PM

But a hearty BURP to ALL!

GoTiGS..ROCK Wake!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2016, 1:01 PM

We can beat Bama. Are you nuts? Why do you people think Bama is just amazing and unbeatable?? The way our WRs match up with their DBs we can throw all day on them. They will have to score with us and I believe our D can shut them down. Im tired of all this negative crap. We are as good as any team in the nation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you watched Elliot's play calling?

Nov 19, 2016, 1:22 PM

We will waste many a down running into the teeth of the #1 Bama run D, thus leaving us with ~65-70% of the plays having any chance of being successful. Hate to say it, but our playcalling is atrocious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you watched Elliot's play calling?

Nov 19, 2016, 1:49 PM

The play calling that averages 500+ yards per game and 38+ points??

Re: Have you watched Elliot's play calling?

Nov 19, 2016, 4:06 PM

sure agree!! every first and 10 it is run into the O/L that is NOT BLOCKING(usually) and then we have 2nd and 8-9 and scrambling to catch

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2016, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Last year was CLEMSON's best chance to beat BAMA.. ]

There's a difference between being theoretically capable of beating Bama (we are, with our talent level) and LIKELY beating them if we met them in the CFP (we wouldn't). Our running game is too lousy. We might win 1 out of 7 matchups with Bama so what are the odds our game with them, if it materialized, would be that 1? I certainly hope I'm wrong though ??

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sums it up. I think in two years we will be more balanced.

Nov 19, 2016, 3:36 PM

At that stage I think we will be as good or better than any team.

We were Kearsed last year

Nov 19, 2016, 1:06 PM

nm

Dodd Reader Lawson destroyed

Nov 19, 2016, 1:08 PM

alabamas o line last year. they looked like chumps out there compared to our front 4. This year, not so sure. The guys i mentioned played insane. I've only seen this level reached by Wilkins this year.

^^^^ YeP

Nov 19, 2016, 1:12 PM

Says it all pretty much.

My take ...

Nov 19, 2016, 1:07 PM

- Our team misses some of last year's leaders including O-Line
- And consequently, our team has been more up and down this year
- We are more "Bowdenesque" - we get up for top tier teams & are flatter for supposed middle tier teams
- Clemson Special Teams are up (good job!), yet overall we are more turnover-prone with less rushing
- All that said, we are still a contender and IMHO both Bammer & SEC are down from last year
- In a one-game scenario, we will be sky high and competitive. Our passing makes us dangerous
- I like our chances to beat Bammer as much as any other teams including Ohio State
- But first we need to get there. Next few weeks will tell the story. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama looks considerably better on BOTH sides of the ball

Nov 19, 2016, 1:49 PM

this year than they did last year, not sure what team you're looking at

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bammer O looked weak against avg LSU D IMHO***

Nov 19, 2016, 6:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take ...

Nov 19, 2016, 1:50 PM [ in reply to My take ... ]

So the close wins over Cuse and Usuck just escape your mind from last year?

Re: My take ...

Nov 19, 2016, 1:51 PM [ in reply to My take ... ]

Now I know we controlled both of those games but still they were too close. Everybody forgets about it!

My hope

Nov 19, 2016, 1:48 PM

That we are aren't aligned to play them in the semifinal.

Idk LbB..

Nov 19, 2016, 2:01 PM

Last year, we should have won but our deep threat and second best receiver was suspended. Our two best defenders were injured and one missed the second half. We were new to playing on the biggest stage.

This year, hopefully we are healthy when we meet them again and no team suspensions. Special teams is not a weakness but playing well. We've got the big game experience under our belts. When the defense and offense are both clicking at the same time, no one can keep up with us... Bama isn't built to score fast and come back from behind. Finally, the int's hurt us but, I'll never bet against DW4

Re: Idk LbB..

Nov 19, 2016, 2:07 PM

I hope the team isn't looking ahead like most on here. After last week, let's beat Wake first.

Re: Idk LbB..

Nov 19, 2016, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Idk LbB.. ]

I hope the team isn't looking ahead like most on here. After last week, let's beat Wake first.

I think the team got that out of their system last week.

Nov 19, 2016, 2:14 PM

We've never been the hunted team on everyone's schedule. I expect to play our best football the rest of the season now that we were served a large helping of humility.

I doubt anyone will beat Bama.

Nov 19, 2016, 3:11 PM

Anything can happen. That's why they play the game.

Nov 19, 2016, 3:54 PM

agree that LAST YEAR was our best chance but we simply BLEW IT ON HORRIBLE special team play!! no excuse because we had been awful there all year!

Alabama's Freshman QB Is Their Weakness

Nov 19, 2016, 3:54 PM

If you're going to beat them you have to stop the run and put pressure on that freshman QB when he throws. Clemson has a chance to do that.

Nov 19, 2016, 4:00 PM

Anybody can beat anybody on any given week. The almighty Bama lost two years in a row to Ole Miss! If that tells you anything.

It's all about how the 18-22 year olds are going to respond to adversity, how well they are going to focus on every play, and executing without errors. Regardless of what the TigerNet experts would lead you to believe, anything can happen. That's the fun of it, no one here has a vested interest. It's just the team you pull for, they can't fire you and they can't eat you. Just enjoy

Nov 19, 2016, 4:09 PM

Some of you guys have drank way to much of the Bama kool-aid. They are far from unbeatable. Ole Miss, LSU games not to mention the National Title game from last year should show you that.

In college football there are 4 weeks between the conference

Nov 19, 2016, 4:20 PM

championship games and the playoff, plenty of time to get better or to regress.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you are saying that there's a chance***

Nov 19, 2016, 4:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic