Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, any kinda respect we were on the verge of getting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Well, any kinda respect we were on the verge of getting

Oct 21, 2013, 10:25 AM

from the national media was flushed down the toilet. It will take years to change that. So, get used to hearing "Clemsoning" and "Pulling a Clemson" for years to come. We had a chance to change that perception. Instead we re-enforced it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

i agree with that IF/when we lose another game.........

Oct 21, 2013, 10:30 AM

while i'm not fully confident we will, we still have a chance to improve our accomplishments from last year to this year.........(the ACC means nothing to me)

all i want, even before the season started is 11-1 (INCLUDING a win over USC) and an at large bid to the sugar bowl vs a "resume building team"............don't know if that will happen or not, my bet is not, but until that's not a possibility i think our "perception" is fine, it took a hit, but it's fine................for now

You need to re-assess things

Oct 21, 2013, 10:43 AM

winning the conference is special... period. I don't care what conference it is.

Our perception is not fine... we will be hearing Clemsoning for a LOOONG time.

Clemsoning is not losing to a team you're expected to beat... it's breaking the heart of your rabid fan base and/or an embarrassing loss. We were all embarrassed... again.

I will say that fortunately we're not getting raked over the coals by the national media yet.

winning this conference is not that special...........

Oct 21, 2013, 10:55 AM

this year it has finally become "respectable", but over the last few years it has been FAR from special.

2011: get humiliated by NCST, and South Carolina..........win the ACC ....THEN get humiliated AGAIN by WVU

2012: FSU wins the ACC and gets an Orange bowl win over a nobody.............we get a victory over top 10 LSU..........who got more "respect" from a national perspective?????

look, I'd like to win the ACC, however to me BEATING South carolina AND going to BCS bowls are fine with me..........and that will happen if we WIN out

Again.. I don't care what conference it is.. it's special

Oct 21, 2013, 11:06 AM

Teams hang banners bc they win the conference not by winning Chick-Fil-A bowl. I'm not saying that wasn't a special win and we did get national respect for it and maybe as much as FSU last year when they won the conference, but FSU will always have a banner in their stadium that they won the conference in 2012 and we won't. They'll also likely have one for 2013 and we won't.

You sound a little like a chicken trying to legitimize not wining the conference but winning your rivalry game.

no it's not JUST beating south carolina..........

Oct 21, 2013, 11:16 AM

i don't take losing to USC in ANY YEAR......no excuse to lose to them....

I'm saying win out.........if our only other loss is Maryland I'm still going to be furious regardless of beating USC

11-1 go to the sugar bowl and all is well, one more loss and clemson nation will EXPLODE w/ fury and rightfully so.

pheebo, you with perspective after a bad loss...proud of you

Oct 21, 2013, 10:46 AM [ in reply to i agree with that IF/when we lose another game......... ]

you are 100% right. Win out and beat SC, better year than last year. In order to ever win another NC, we must first retake the state

Re: Well, any kinda respect we were on the verge of getting

Oct 21, 2013, 10:31 AM

Awesome post. Keep it up!

the definition of "clemsoning" is losing a game you are

Oct 21, 2013, 10:39 AM

supposed to win.

last time i checked we were the underdog and it was the 5th ranked team in country.

we didn't lose to a Wake or Duke.

having no national respect means we would have dropped back to 12-15th in polls, much like Stanford did last week. we are still in top 10. we are legit top 5-9 team. things would have had to work out just right for us to have stayed in top 2 or 3. its #### hard to go undefeated. holy crap, people.

Clemsoning= an embarrassing loss.

Oct 21, 2013, 10:45 AM

whether its to an opponent you're supposed to beat or not.

I am thoroughly embarrassed.

That's not how they've been using it before

Oct 21, 2013, 10:47 AM

They've always used "pulling a Clemson" or "Clemsoning" to refer to things like beating Miami but then losing to Duke or losing to unranked Georgia Tech when we were 8-0 a couple years ago.

The game was embarrasing but we lost to a favored (though not by that much) top 5 team. It sucks but it's not "Clemsoning"

GO TIGERS

wrong... we have this reputation for a reason

Oct 21, 2013, 10:53 AM

We have talent and have for a while obviously a lot more now that a few years ago.

We have this reputation bc we get embarrassed whether its to Duke after beating Miami or its the OB or to FSU by *** 37 pts at home.

Other programs may lose games to teams everyone expects them to beat but they don't get embarrassed. I would have been fine with a loss but I don't like getting embarrassed.

We're going to be hearing Clemsoning for years to come until we don't get embarrassed.

Re: That's not how they've been using it before

Oct 21, 2013, 12:06 PM [ in reply to That's not how they've been using it before ]

Not true. They considered the orange bowl "clemsoning" and WVU wasn't a team we were neccessarily supposed to beat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All losses are embarrassing to me.

Oct 21, 2013, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Clemsoning= an embarrassing loss. ]

That's just part of being a Clemson Tiger. I think we should win every game every year without regard to who our coach is or how many starters have broken legs.

We should be able to take any five female students and beat the Manning family in the Manning back yard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See response above. "Clemsoning" is not only losing

Oct 21, 2013, 10:47 AM [ in reply to the definition of "clemsoning" is losing a game you are ]

to a team you're supposed to beat, but also getting annihilated in a big game on a national stage.

null

Funny, the only one's saying Clemsoning are us and the

Oct 21, 2013, 10:50 AM

souless FGF lurkers. National media isn't. FSU jumped from 5-2 over 2 unbeatens by beating us. I'd say we still have a little respect, just not in our own minds. We're the ones who are paranoid

You're right.. so far it's not as bad as I thought from the

Oct 21, 2013, 10:55 AM

national media. But regardless it was a VERY embarrassing loss.

I'm not paranoid though... it was terrible and I'm hanging my head today.

Yeah, top 10 is a total diss by the national media

Oct 21, 2013, 10:42 AM

other than ESPN, who says Clemsoning other than us really?

You can forget about Respect

Oct 21, 2013, 11:19 AM

For at least another five years.

That was a deplorable showing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is a top 10 ranking still after that game not respect?***

Oct 21, 2013, 11:32 AM

Oct 21, 2013, 11:56 AM

The way we have lost several big games as well as the constant media bashing that goes along with it, will hurt this program. We looked like a jv team on Saturday. 7th game of the year-out prepared, out coached, out played. That is the reality. Tired of hearing about "jumping ship." Lets just looked at the ugly truth of what happened Saturday-fans, coaches and players and deal with the reality that something isn't right with this team. The Orange Bowl and this game should allow esecsucpn to give jessie palmer all the air time he wants to bash us.

Oct 21, 2013, 12:01 PM

Whatever definition there was for the term has just been expanded.

Care to guess the next time ESPN will be visiting us for Game Day?

That loss was not just another loss. The game was special, on the national stage, and we embarrassed ourselves.

We went through the WV embarrassment, but after LSU and Georgia, I really believed we had turned the corner and those kinds of losses were behind us. I thought Dabo, Chad, and Brent had fixed the problems. We had to be in the national spotlight to find out we had not.

Maryland is this coming Saturday. Go Tigers!

Just had an epiphany...

Oct 21, 2013, 12:13 PM

I don't care about the media anymore.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic