Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is the Best. Conspiracy Theories Abound
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

This is the Best. Conspiracy Theories Abound

Oct 3, 2016, 1:17 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/10/2/13136970/louisville-clemson-football-james-quick-first-down

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

yeh...everyone in the whole #### stadium knew he had

Oct 3, 2016, 1:22 PM

to get to the 2 yard line. Except Quick. Of course he's stupid, he's from Louisville

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I think the guy said that Orange area was 6 ft?

Oct 3, 2016, 1:36 PM

I'm thinking 3, maybe 4 feet at best.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My first impression exactly!***

Oct 3, 2016, 3:01 PM

I thought that at first, but when you compare it to

Oct 3, 2016, 10:32 PM [ in reply to I think the guy said that Orange area was 6 ft? ]

the yard markers, it does look like about 6 feet.

Still no excuse though. I've literally never heard anyone complain about this in the past. He had to have known they needed the two yard line, and if he didn't that's his fault.

he got pushed out of bounds! He probably wanted to score a TD,

Oct 3, 2016, 10:57 PM

But couldn't b/c the defender made the play!

Yes, he should've cut it back inside and not allowed Edmond

Oct 3, 2016, 11:02 PM

to use the sideline, but thats kind of a moot point.

Re: he got pushed out of bounds! He probably wanted to score a TD,

Oct 3, 2016, 11:02 PM [ in reply to he got pushed out of bounds! He probably wanted to score a TD, ]

You didn't know? He's supposed to just move out of the way and let him run that extra yard. lol

Internet Journalism is So Weak

Oct 3, 2016, 1:57 PM

Free lance fatazzes spewing un-checked facts. Heck it's Tigernet. Oh, that means I'm now a journalist. That is scary. That's like a dude who reads a survival book on emergency medicine doing surgery on you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if he didn't know he had to get to the TWO yard line

Oct 3, 2016, 2:06 PM

he was poorly coached.

That 2-yard line hashmark did NOT move. And anybody over the age of 5 can count to 2, and instantly recognize the second hashmark from the goal line. He wasn't needing the 43-yard line, or the 29-yard line. It was the TWO.

That little orange mat was pretty insignificant in the context of things.

What's interesting is that all of our defensive

Oct 3, 2016, 2:23 PM

Players knew instantly he was short. How could that be? Duh... They knew he had to get to the two yard line, so I'm sure he did too.

So tired of these #### conspiracy theories. We won the game inspite of 5 turnovers.

No one in the media outside of Clemson can stand the fact that we ended the fairy tale for Louisville.

I for one love it!

You're right. All our players knew, but so did the

Oct 3, 2016, 2:48 PM

receiver. He made a first down gesture from hope and trying to sell it to the official. Every time there is a close call the players are selling their side to the refs, no matter who they play for.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm ... I saw Oliver Stone walking around Clemson

Oct 3, 2016, 2:24 PM

earlier.

Perhaps there is more to that movie comment than we realize.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

quick was certain he was beyond the grassy knoll.***

Oct 4, 2016, 12:13 AM

Re: This is the Best. Conspiracy Theories Abound

Oct 3, 2016, 9:46 PM

I've watched this two dozen times and in slow motion. It appears to me that Quick is heading for the end zone, thinking he can make the pylon when Edmond makes a world class play on him. Quick couldn't cut inside because if you look at Edmond's feet, he took the inside away.

Kind of ticks me off that everyone is talking about Quick's alleged mistake and no one is talking about the great open field play that Edmond made.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 10:04 PM

Ironic, that no one on this thread has mentioned what the article is about and how shady it makes the person working the first down marker and Clemson program look. The marker person (clearly a Clemson fan) that was supposed to be working and moving the first down marker conveniently forgets to move it to the proper spot. The same spot on the sideline that he had used when Clemson was on offense. He just suddenly happens to put it on the line that is used to keep people on the sidelines away AND cheers when Quick doesn't get the first down. You all go ahead and keep on thinking it's no big deal but it sure would have helped Quick actually see the correct spot for getting a first down.

Ahh so then he would've known he was short when Edmond knocked him out of bounds.***

Oct 3, 2016, 10:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: This is the Best. Conspiracy Theories Abound ]

Go back to your board. Game is over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: This is the Best. Conspiracy Theories Abound ]

Seriously, does a receiver not know how many yards they have to go? The market was on the correct line, 2 yards past the 5...just set backwards due to the camera cords that were in front of it. Ei th her way, he knew he needed to get 2 yrs past the 5, he was knocked out of bound by the DB...he didn't step out on his own. He tried selling it, like any team would, and the refs knew he didn't make the mark. Quit whining. ..you lost. Get over it.

Oct 3, 2016, 10:20 PM

*3 yds past the 5, on the 2

no wonder he got knocked out of bounds

Oct 4, 2016, 12:23 AM [ in reply to Re: This is the Best. Conspiracy Theories Abound ]

running like hell looking at the ground

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 10:27 PM

That is what happens when you recruit stupid players. They do stupid things!

Oct 3, 2016, 11:06 PM

I was going to really try to go to the game in Louisville next year but after ready some of the down right nasty posts and their "fans" have said about us fans, our team, our tailgating, game day atmosphere and Lordy how much we cheated. I didn't think I want to make that treak. If we want to go to a football games and get mistreated, spit st, drinks thrown on you, intense fulgar language the hole game, we can get that from the nasty dirt peckers in the state
There is no way anyone who actually attended our game Saturday can say they didn't have a good time except for the score. Clemson has always been hospitable to other schools coming to our university .

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Louisville players are just stupid

Oct 4, 2016, 5:44 AM

how else can you explain that he didn't know he had to get to the 2 yard line for a first?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic