Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something to ponder in regard to the D-line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,725

Something to ponder in regard to the D-line

Jan 14, 2020, 5:07 PM

I don't believe there has been any drop off in recruiting in this area. Having said that, I think that there may be a drop off in development along the line. Dan Brooks and Marion Hobby knew how to coach them up for sure (Sapp, Bowers, Beasley, Jarrett, Power Ranger bunch) despite the fact some of those guys were not highly recruited. Maybe Todd Bates and Lemanski Hall need some time to settle in (understandable) but I can't help but pose the question: Is the defensive line talent being developed enough to perform at an elite level as a part of an elite program? Not bashing those coaches. Just looking for feedback whether this has crossed anyone elses mind. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're reaching

Jan 14, 2020, 5:16 PM

We didn't have explosive talent at DT this year apart from Davis. Pinckney and Williams are good players, but hardly dominant. After them there was a dropoff. As a result we went to a 3 man line. The ends we recruited are suited to a 4 man line. Next year, with Breese, Capehart, redshirt Taquan Williams, the depth and explosive talent will be back. And we'll be back in a 4 man front

Re: You're reaching

Jan 14, 2020, 5:21 PM

IMO the three man line is what caused us to be as suspect as we were on the backend.

Re: You're reaching

Jan 14, 2020, 5:31 PM

When a team plays another team that has as good a passing as LSU has, you better have the big uglies up front that can get pressure every snap, or you will be in trouble the way we were after they made their adjustments to what we were doing.

With the front 7 we had last season on our D, LSU wouldn't have ever settled in bc our LBs would have kept Burrow on the run the entire game. You have to keep pressure on a passing QB, and if not, we saw tonight what happens, he will hit every open receiver that he spots on the field bc he has time to find them, period!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something to ponder in regard to the D-line

Jan 14, 2020, 8:39 PM

Josh belk bust hurt big time and Kelley not developing and being a bust along with Shaq Smith leaving and essentially a bust really hurt us. Not only elite wise but depth also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,725
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic