Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who did MJ beat for his rings???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 1

Who did MJ beat for his rings???

Jun 1, 2018, 4:32 PM

Lakers
Trail Blazers
Suns
Supersonics
Jazz
Jazz

I would be inclined to believe Lebron could have beat these 6 teams too.

Notice every time it was someone new. Meaning there was no super team to go against like the Warriors. The Jazz are there twice...but they had Malone and Stockton.

STOCKTON!!! MJ beat STOCKTON, a 5ft 9inch white guy wearing a speedo.....WOWOWOWOW> SO impressed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not as smart as you think you are

Jun 1, 2018, 4:35 PM

Stockton was known for being one of the meanest and dirtiest players in the league

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Dadgum millennials....??***

Jun 1, 2018, 4:41 PM

MJ was awesome too

Jun 1, 2018, 5:11 PM

Did the most amazing things then.

He even beat an all star monstars(space jam) team too.

But honestly there is no way to even compare people from different eras. I imagine steph curry is a lot tougher opponent than stockton.

Curry is the greatest 3pt shooter of all-time.***

Jun 1, 2018, 5:12 PM

Stockton would abuse Curry on D when hand checks

Jun 1, 2018, 5:18 PM

were legal

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: MJ was awesome too

Jun 1, 2018, 5:27 PM [ in reply to MJ was awesome too ]

They actually played defense in MJs day.

Did you not watch the game last night? They played plenty of

Jun 1, 2018, 5:28 PM

D...Lebron got called for a blocking foul trying to get a charge...Ifs that not D?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harden flop = D***

Jun 1, 2018, 5:46 PM

I'm sorry, did James Harden play last night?***

Jun 1, 2018, 6:31 PM

Ankle biter***

Jun 1, 2018, 5:07 PM [ in reply to You're not as smart as you think you are ]

Re: Who did MJ beat for his rings???

Jun 1, 2018, 4:41 PM

I bet he couldn't beat Frodo and Sam...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2018, 4:47 PM

Did LeBron not have a chance to drive past or shoot over the top of a 6'3 Steph Curry last night. That my friends is the difference in LeBron and Jordan. The game is on the line Jordan is not passing to anyone. All I hear is how shatty Cleveland is as a team other than LeBron, then why when matched up against Steph Curry would he pass to his garbage team?

yes, Jordan would have drove with the size advantage***

Jun 1, 2018, 4:52 PM

Jun 1, 2018, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Who did MJ beat for his rings??? ]

They were coming off to help tho. I wish he would have taken the last shot but he made the right play. Hill usually makes both free throws. MJ hasn't had many game winners in the playoffs compared to LBJ so I think Lebron knows what he is doing.

Every team he faced in the Finals***

Jun 1, 2018, 4:49 PM

That Suns team was pretty stout, as was the Blazers and the

Jun 1, 2018, 4:51 PM

Sonics

Re: That Suns team was pretty stout, as was the Blazers and the

Jun 1, 2018, 7:37 PM

Agreed. All 5 of those teams were pretty dang good.

Being "Detroit" Tiger

Jun 1, 2018, 4:52 PM

I can see why you do not like Jordan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2018, 4:57 PM

6-0 in the Finals is a great record, but MJ did lose a bunch of playoff games and series.. including 9 of his first 10 playoff games and 3 consecutive first-round exits before the Bulls traded for Scottie Pippen. Lebron hasn't had great luck in the Finals but he never lost in the first round.

TBF, he did play the Wizards a lot in the 1st round***

Jun 1, 2018, 5:09 PM

Jordan is a pile o dung Tarhole ... I'll take LeBro just for

Jun 1, 2018, 5:10 PM

that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2018, 5:13 PM

I believe Jordan also had the best offensive stats AND defensive stats in the year he won his MVP. They don't play defense now adays so it's a bit easier to score a lot more points per game now.

Jordan would have taken the last second shot for the win.........and would have made it.

Message was edited by: LuZZifer

I agree with you

Jun 1, 2018, 5:22 PM

That he would have taken the shot. He prob woulda made it. But he wasnt 100% on game winning shots.

I do have a theory on lebron tho. When his team is down by 1 or more...he passes almost everytime.

When he is tied or has the lead...its green light every time.

Proved it again last night.

he's not mj - never will be

Jun 1, 2018, 5:43 PM

he would have less rings if he played in that era. the knicks, the pistons, the lakers, the celtics would have eaten all of his teams up and spit them back out in lebrons grill - without question.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: he's not mj - never will be

Jun 1, 2018, 8:38 PM

Yes those teams were good but please stop being so ignorant.

Jun 1, 2018, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Who did MJ beat for his rings??? ]

Lebron is probably the only player in the history of the sport who can play all 5 positions at an elite level, on offense AND defense.

And yet he lacks MJ's killer instinct, which made him sooooo

Jun 1, 2018, 5:30 PM

dominant

this all day ^^^

Jun 1, 2018, 5:45 PM

they just don't get it - its not even an f'n argument. mj would not lose any championship series - ever. it was over before it began.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Would MJ have scored 53 and beat the warriors last night?

Jun 1, 2018, 5:48 PM

With the same cast.

Re: Would MJ have scored 53 and beat the warriors last night?

Jun 1, 2018, 5:56 PM

mj would beat anybody, anywhere, anytime - and has 6 rings and a stint trying baseball in between the 6. and came back and still won championships. so, yeah - without question.

all that needs to be said is "jordan" or "23" - these twittering, non defensive playing teams would get manhandled and i would not be shocked if they actually cried during the game playing against them. tears from these "i just shoot 3's or dunk" wannabes

its not even an argument

Re: And yet he lacks MJ's killer instinct, which made him sooooo

Jun 1, 2018, 8:04 PM [ in reply to And yet he lacks MJ's killer instinct, which made him sooooo ]

How does he have more game winning shots in the playoffs than mJ did if he lacks the killer instinct? Tia

MJ never lost a Championship Game/Series in College,

Jun 1, 2018, 11:29 PM

the Olympics and the NBA...He was the consummate Winner...LeBron will go on to lose more Finals than MJ won...What kind of Killer loses more than he wins?

Jun 1, 2018, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Who did MJ beat for his rings??? ]

So how many game winners in the playoffs does Bron have and how many does MJ have?

Lebron has had some

Jun 1, 2018, 7:45 PM

But how many game winning blocks or assists has MJ had? Lol.

Re: Lebron has had some

Jun 1, 2018, 8:08 PM

Lebron has had more winning shots. Not sure about assist and blocks.

Jun 1, 2018, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Who did MJ beat for his rings??? ]

So how many game winners in the playoffs does Bron have and how many does MJ have?

Jun 1, 2018, 7:51 PM

good lord - 6 rings. and....scene

Jun 1, 2018, 8:07 PM

Y'all say MJ would have kept the ball and made the game winning shot but LBJ knows more about game winning shots is all I am saying. Ofcourse MJ is amazing and is clutch as heck but so is LBj. Yes his 6 rings is awesome and he was a big part in getting them but so was his coach and his teamates. Many players have 6 rings or more that are not considered the goat.

Jun 1, 2018, 8:23 PM

you’re arguments are noted. awesome. mike would just win. and you knew it. and he told you so. it’s not an argument. tell you what, bet 5k on lebron to win 3 more. against teams that actually can play defense. ####, they should have lost to a team with their two best players out of the series and a bunch of young no names.

Jun 1, 2018, 8:31 PM

If Lebron had Phil Jackson as the coach I probably would.

LeBron handpicked his coach,, every season except his Miami

Jun 1, 2018, 11:48 PM

stint...So blame Bron for not hiring a better coach

Jun 1, 2018, 6:44 PM

Well he beat a ton of hall of famers in the finals alone including:
Magic
James worthy
Clyde
Barkley
Gary payton
Stockton
And Malone

That’s not including the guys like Isaiah Thomas, Ewing, and others that he beat to get to the finals.

Also Stockton is the NBA all time leader in Both steals and assists, Malone is the all time leader in rebounds and second in points. To call those Jazz teams scrubs is the most ignorant statement I’ve heard in a while.

LeBron is great but Jordan never would’ve lost to dirk

How many of those opponents you named won a ring?

Jun 1, 2018, 7:15 PM

Or are they just todays version of harden. Russell westbrook. Carmelo etc.

Lebron has beat his fair share of HOFs too.

Jun 1, 2018, 7:27 PM

And players who were big names but never won a title too.

Aint got time to internet search...but Lebron has defeated:
Paul pierce
Kevin garnett
Ray allen
Russell westbrook
Kevin durant
James harden
Steph curry
Klay Thompson
Tim duncan
Tony parker
Chris Bosh
Kevin Love
Carmelo anthony
Dwayne wade
Kyrie irving
And list goes on...

Face it. The guy is dang good. Maybe or maybe not the goat depending on who u ask...but certainly a top player. Mount rushmore type.

Re: Lebron has beat his fair share of HOFs too.

Jun 1, 2018, 7:42 PM

Thank you! Lebron and MJ have both played against, won and lost to great players and great teams. They are both once in a generation type players and we should respect and appreciate both.

Jun 1, 2018, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Lebron has beat his fair share of HOFs too. ]

That’s basically my point. MJ, LeBron, and Kareem are 1A, 1B, and 1C in my opinion. It’s extremely difficult to weigh different eras. But the OP was trying to discount all the great players and teams that Jordan faced, which is absurd.

LeBron is hands down the greatest athlete to ever play in the NBA and by the time he retires he may be the greatest player. But right now him and Jordan are very comparable and it’s difficult to explain why one is the definitive GOAT.

Jun 1, 2018, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Lebron has beat his fair share of HOFs too. ]

some of the players on that list made me actually laugh out loud.

Jun 1, 2018, 8:19 PM

Please explain how??

Jun 1, 2018, 8:30 PM

easily - the starting 5 for the lakers would embarrass klay, love, melo, and bosh. it would have been silly to even watch. are you kidding?? players like oakley or vinnie johnson would have sent them to locker room by 3rd qtr. the nba today plays no defense. its a nintendo game. a team of upstarts missing their two best players took lebrons team to 7. why? because they play defense. cavs shouldn’t even be here. and lebron knows the only way for him to get rings is to sign today’s quote unquote superstars around him.

Jun 1, 2018, 8:34 PM

Yessir all stars now a days are no where near as good as back in your day lol.

Jun 1, 2018, 8:35 PM

you clearly don’t get basketball

Jun 1, 2018, 8:45 PM

I just understand that there are great players in today's NBA as there were in years past.

Jun 1, 2018, 8:53 PM

yes - and lebron needs to be on mt rushmore with mj, kareem, etc. the only point i’m making is mj did the unthinkable. and to achieve that, you must be better than everyone around you. and he was.

Jun 1, 2018, 10:11 PM

He also had a coach that won 5 rings with another team that did not have MJ on it. Not knocking MJ. He was the main reason they won 6 rings but his coach was a main part as to Brons coach in some of his championships. Lebron was obvious the best player on the court in game 1 it just takes more than being the best player to win it all you need help.

Jun 1, 2018, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Lebron has beat his fair share of HOFs too. ]

those four i just mentioned are not even worthy to be on a list. tim duncan is a stud. garnett and pierce are studs. if you actually believe kevin love or melo should be mentioned with someone like james worthy or sam perkins, then to need to watch more basketball

Jun 1, 2018, 8:40 PM

Melo is on the edge but yes I agree Love is not on that level.

how many of those guys won a ring?

Jun 1, 2018, 8:36 PM [ in reply to How many of those opponents you named won a ring? ]

I wonder if there is any correlation between Jordan and those guys not winning 1. You think maybe?

some things you learn on TigerNet...

Jun 1, 2018, 8:37 PM

I never knew labron and MJ played football at Clemson

Re: some things you learn on TigerNet...

Jun 1, 2018, 9:05 PM

Deer lowered, can you imagine Lebron lined up out there at TE?

Everyone***

Jun 1, 2018, 9:11 PM

Well..

Jun 1, 2018, 9:19 PM

Not the Pistons, or the Celtics, or the Lakers when those teams were still in their prime years. MJ's Bulls got swept by Boston in back-to-back seasons, and then lost 3 years in a row to the Pistons. They didn't have a chance to play the Lakers until that team was a shadow of its former self.

But he beat some good teams, once the above dynasties faded away.

What’s your point?

Jun 1, 2018, 9:23 PM

LBJ mostly losing to Warriors as well.

I was born in the 70's. I've seen both play.

Jun 1, 2018, 9:25 PM

The league is just better now. You have Forwards and Centers that can handle the ball and shoot as good as some 90's Guards. Remember when the NBA moved the 3pt line in almost 2 feet closer in the 90's to combat poor shooting?

What MJ did was nothing short of amazing. But so were the 80's and 90's Bulls. The year he retired the first time, the Bulls won 50+ games without him. He had a great support cast and probably the best basketball coach to ever set foot on a court. When he was on the Wizards, he didn't have the tools that he did in Chicago and pretty much struggled. Granted he was almost 40...

Could Cleveland win 50 games without LeBron? Tyronn Lue is a below average coach at best. They'd be lucky to win 20 games.

Lebron is doing all this with a much lesser team, an inferior coach, and dropped 51 against 4 All-Stars. He's also not a Tar Heel and not a giant d bag to his fans.

Lebron has dominated the league. Any team with him on it automatically becomes a playoff contender. Hate to say it but LeBron is the GOAT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The league isn't better or worse exactly.

Jun 1, 2018, 9:34 PM

It is different today and all about the 3pter and it is less physical today. This Warriors team would have been worked over physically by the great Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics teams. Then again, buy todays system those teams wouldn't have been as great. The game is different. Steph Curry wouldn't be anything great back then, as in MVP great. He is perfect for today.

Re: The league isn't better or worse exactly.

Jun 1, 2018, 9:44 PM

Bulls also got worked by the Celtics & Pistons, 5 years in a row. Combined W-L record of 6-18 in those 5 series. Not that I disagree with anything you said.

Yeah it took the Bulls/ MJ time to get physical enough....

Jun 1, 2018, 9:54 PM

as you know. Looking at the Warriors now, they only have one physical player. They are the perfect build for today though. I like both styles of the NBA, but they are almost different games. The NBA in the day had a touch of hockey to it with enforcers basically.

Re: I was born in the 70's. I've seen both play.

Jun 1, 2018, 9:46 PM [ in reply to I was born in the 70's. I've seen both play. ]

LeBron is definitely a dominant force, possibly more dominant than MJ when it’s all said and done. But to say that Jordan had more talent is ridiculous.

LeBron has played with first ballot hall of famers: D wade, Chris Bosh, Kyrie, Ray Allen as well as borderline HOFers like Kevin Love and Korver. Yes, this years iteration of the cavs suck but he has been on teams with twice the talent of Jordan. And even with multiple HOFers on the same team in both Miami and Cleveland, LeBron has managed to lose more finals than he has won. He even lost to a team composed of basically Dirk by himself.

Jordan played with two HOFers in Pippen and Rodman. Rodman isn’t even in the hall as a Bull and he only helped out with the last three.

It’s impossible to compare different eras of the NBA but neither of the two are definitively better than the other. Their both generational talents and we should accept that.

Jun 1, 2018, 9:49 PM

Horace Grant was no slouch. John Paxson was pretty good too. Oh, and Steve Kerr has the highest 3-point % in NBA history.

Jun 1, 2018, 9:56 PM

Kukoc and Ron Harper too were somewhat solid.

Kevin Love and Kyle Korver are future HOFers?

Jun 1, 2018, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I was born in the 70's. I've seen both play. ]

??????

Good one man. I needed that laugh, thanks!!!

Re: Kevin Love and Kyle Korver are future HOFers?

Jun 1, 2018, 9:56 PM

i just can’t - i can’t. it’s too much. that cannot be sirius

Jun 1, 2018, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Kevin Love and Kyle Korver are future HOFers? ]

Kevin Love is a 5 time all-star and a top 3 player in Minnesota history. He’s got a finals win and 4 appearances. He’ll be in the hall and idk what’s funny about that.

Korver will retire as a top 10 shooter in NBA history. It’s a long shot but he has a chance.

Jun 1, 2018, 10:03 PM

I could see Love getting in, but I think "top 3 in Minnesota history" says more about Minnesota basketball than it does about Kevin Love. Also, pretty much everyone who plays with Lebron has a bunch of Finals appearances..

Korver has a 0% chance.

Jun 1, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Kevin Love and Kyle Korver are future HOFers? ]

Love is a longshot. He was on track for a bit, but those chances are getting slim. The HOF is too select of a group.

Re: Korver has a 0% chance.

Jun 1, 2018, 10:13 PM

Yeah I misspoke with Korver, but he essentially does the same thing for LeBron that Kerr did for Jordan. Regardless LeBron has been surrounded with far more talent than Jordan. I get that the Warriors are basically unbeatable, but even before them LeBron was losing to teams worse than his in the finals.

Re: Korver has a 0% chance.

Jun 1, 2018, 10:22 PM

That Dallas team was pretty good. The Spurs were an amazing team as well as the Warriors.

Jun 1, 2018, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I was born in the 70's. I've seen both play. ]

Tyson Chandler, Shawn Marion, Jason Terry, and ofcourse Jason Kidd were pretty good teammates to have.

Yup

Jun 1, 2018, 10:33 PM

Marion and Chandler were just straight up nasty on D for that Mavericks team.

Terry rained 3's.

Korver won't get in, but Shawn Marion probably will***

Jun 1, 2018, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I was born in the 70's. I've seen both play. ]

Jun 1, 2018, 11:38 PM

He beat every team he faced , all 6 .
Never went to a 7th game either ... MJ is the GOAT and it's nearly impossible to make any sort of argument that doesn't come off like a bad comedy routine .

DB23

Replies: 80
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic