Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nikki Haley says...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1,573

Nikki Haley says...

Nov 11, 2019, 7:49 AM

That Rex Tillerson and John Kelly tried to recruit her to undermine Trump to "save the country".

Interesting how people Trump chose to be in positions of power realize he was unfit for office and tried to fix it. History will look back on how unhinged and dangerous he was to our nation.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/10/politics/nikki-haley-tillerson-kelly-save-the-country-recruit-white-house/index.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Nikki Haley says...

Nov 11, 2019, 7:53 AM

Does it really matter what history looks back and sees? Isn't that kind of a novelty?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I take pleasure in the long game...

Nov 11, 2019, 8:02 AM

And knowing that all Trump supporters will one day have to accept as fact that Trump was one of the worst--if not the worst--president we've ever had.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: I take pleasure in the long game...

Nov 11, 2019, 8:06 AM

Most wont be alive to see that.

Nov 11, 2019, 8:08 AM

We been around long enough already to know Obama has won that title.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Nov 11, 2019, 8:13 AM

Obama was great in comparison. He would destroy Trump in an election if he were allowed to run again.

Nov 11, 2019, 8:40 AM

Well, we don't have go that far to see how stoopid America has become... choosing between Hillary and Trump did that - as neither of them is [worthy] of holding the office of President of the United States. That used to mean something. Maybe one day it will again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Nov 11, 2019, 9:11 AM

True. We can only hope.

I take pleasure in...

Nov 13, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I take pleasure in the long game... ]

...knowing you are FOS.

My take is also unflattering to Trump, but not

Nov 11, 2019, 8:09 AM

As nefarious.....

I think it speaks to the guy being a lousy judge of talent when it comes to whom to surround himself with in this administration. Far more misses than hits so far, personnel wise.

I have to think that Rex and John both were kissing the ring in person, because that seems highest on the qualification list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take is also unflattering to Trump, but not

Nov 11, 2019, 8:17 AM

It says a lot how the people who have worked with really think about him. He is a mess. That said, I can still see why people will vote for and support him. The Dems are offering open borders and are just being so extreme. There is also 2 more Supreme Court seats on the line. I think most Repubs will be happy in 5 years when Trump leaves if he wins in 2020. Somebody like Nikki Haley will be fresh breath of air for even the Repubs.

here is my opinion. Take it as you may

Nov 11, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to My take is also unflattering to Trump, but not ]

Trump is an outsider. It takes literally thousands of people in appointed positions to run the government. As an outsider, Trump has few connections to the network of people who run those jobs. Because he is an outsider, he is not welcome in the "inner circle" of Washington.

Think of it in reference to your company. If your CEO left and the company hired an "outsider" who had good ideas but had no experience in the industry you work. Would you and your coworkers "welcome" him/her with open arms or would you undermine him and talk behind his back? I have a little experience with this first hand at work. I can promise you the answer is B.

Washington insiders look down their collective noses at Trump because he is not one of them. He was sent to Washington by "us" to rid our government of "them." Of course they are going to try to "save the country" because in their minds THEY are the best answer for the country. In their minds, if Trump succeeds then America doesnt need "them."

Is Trump perfect? absolutely not. I wish he would tone down some of his rhetoric. But he is who he is. I also don't think that he receives the proper advice and council from some for the express reason to make him look bad.

I agree with some of that, but I don't think either Kelly or

Nov 11, 2019, 11:43 AM

Tillerson would be considered a DC insider.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same could be said of Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter

Nov 11, 2019, 2:43 PM [ in reply to here is my opinion. Take it as you may ]

, and Bill Clinton.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's impossible to find someone who is considered...

Nov 11, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to My take is also unflattering to Trump, but not ]

qualified and honorable to fill any high position. Perhaps qualified and honorable are an oxymoron when politics is involved.

I kinda see 'kiss the ring,' as a qualification only because it's a commitment to stick with the POTUS agenda. Having worked from laborer, foreman, super and PM on construction projects I understand the torture of micromanagers but I also appreciate that those who were above me in the pecking order saw a much broader spectrum of intent.

Trump strikes me as being the kind of man who dictates how something is done only when he believe that is the only way to reach his goal.

Firing both of them seems justified, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it's impossible to find someone who is considered...

Nov 12, 2019, 8:09 AM

"Trump strikes me as being the kind of man who dictates how something is done only when he believe that is the only way to reach his goal."

Interesting take.....he seems like the kind of guy to me who completely delegates authority only on issues he considers insignificant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I worked for a man just like Trump.

Nov 12, 2019, 4:05 PM

Dan would tell you what to do but didn't remove it from the todo list in his mind until you started doing it. If he ever checked up on me I didn't know about it. I figured him out real quick and pointed out that the efforts required to keep him in his comfort zone wasn't always a priority of the project's needs.

The difference is that Trump built his business with his own money. If he wants to micromanage it to death that's his business. The problem he has with the State Department and other bureaus is that they don't understand they work for Trump.

If I ran a division which had that kind of insubordination I'd fire the good people and put the lazy ones to work.

While most people in upper management fail to understand the relationships between authority, responsibility and accountability I do not believe Trump does. He has managed such a variety of businesses it's virtually impossible for him to micromanage.

If his business model is flawed it's most likely that he tells you to do something and it doesn't matter if you have to kill one guy or five to get it done. NYC, for your consideration on this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. And you say there is no deep state

Nov 11, 2019, 8:15 AM

2. It show they are really ######### as his policies are doing #### well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1. And you say there is no deep state

Nov 11, 2019, 8:18 AM

It shows there are rational people that know Trump is an absolute trainwreck. Youre in denial.

Again, deny no deep state but yay

Nov 11, 2019, 8:29 AM

No, it shows ######### like them that try to overturn the will of the people. If true, they should be arrested

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Again, deny no deep state but yay

Nov 11, 2019, 9:11 AM

Maybe they should arrested? I don't know how they went about it and if laws were broke. That daid, it shows youre in denial and what a trainwreck Trump is. I can see why you would vote for him over the Dems, but youre in denial as far as who Trump is.

It does seem odd that some/many would celebrate

Nov 11, 2019, 8:21 AM [ in reply to 1. And you say there is no deep state ]

What amounts to borderline treasonous behavior from these two, if this story is true.

Since Trump is so polarizing, swap him out with any other President you wish, and imagine cabinet members/advisors subverting the will of the highest elected official because they arbitrarily believed it was best for the country. That’s dangerous, and I’d be just as quick to say the same if there were “double-agents” trying to derail Obama or Clinton from behind the scenes.

Re: It does seem odd that some/many would celebrate

Nov 11, 2019, 9:41 AM

Treason sure has been a casual word lately. What you describe doesn't fit the U.S. definition of treason.

SUrely you recognize the term "coup"

Nov 11, 2019, 9:43 AM

That what that sounds like the beginning of.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SUrely you recognize the term "coup"

Nov 11, 2019, 9:44 AM

Sounds more like people working to keep one man from wrecking our country.

Again, pick a President you actually liked and approved of,

Nov 11, 2019, 10:02 AM

and imagine similar high-level cabinet members/admin doing the same. You still cool with it?

I can't imagine approving of and liking a president who is

Nov 11, 2019, 10:27 AM

so dysfunctional and dangerous that his own hand-picked cabinet has to curb his worst impulses.

Re: Again, pick a President you actually liked and approved of,

Nov 11, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Again, pick a President you actually liked and approved of, ]

It would never happen. This is a Trump thing and shows who and what he is.

never happen?

Nov 11, 2019, 12:02 PM

You forgotten about Stanley McChrystal?

It’s happened in the past and it’ll happen again. This is just the first time these people have gotten a hero’s welcome from half the country.

Re: Again, pick a President you actually liked and approved of,

Nov 11, 2019, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Again, pick a President you actually liked and approved of, ]

Pretty much the only president I approved of in my lifetime was Reagan. And to answer your question, if he was found to be incompetent and putting our nation in danger, yes, I'd be fine with it, particularly if the respected people he appointed saw a serious threat. Our Constitution even has it mapped out to take action if this is the case.

Show me where.

Nov 11, 2019, 4:08 PM

I contend that there are no provisions for removing a president over politics other than impeachment. BTW, impeachment is not suppose to be about politics. It's supposed to be about treason, bibery, high crimes...'

Re: Show me where.

Nov 11, 2019, 4:25 PM

The 25th Amendment, Article 4. It's extreme, but it's there.

It would cover a president who is mentally unfit for office.

"

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office."

That is actually Nikki Haley's exact view of the situation.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to It does seem odd that some/many would celebrate ]

She saw it as dangerous to have people trying to undermine the President.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mostly agree, but I think there are some other angles

Nov 11, 2019, 4:27 PM [ in reply to It does seem odd that some/many would celebrate ]

1. This isn't "borderline treasonous" unless they were taking orders from Trump and just doing something completely different. We need more context for what Haley is talking about, but from Kelly's response, it sounds more like they were encouraging her to push back when Trump came up with a crazy idea. Surely, simply not doing what the president clearly told them to do would result in being fired or in a resignation, so what hope would a cabinet member or adviser have of having any real influence if they simply were subverting elected people's will? And, despite Haley's protestation, she's joined both Kelly and Tillerson among the resigned.

2. As much as it's a bad thing for unelected people to arrogate authority to themselves, and as much as people who love Trump want to portray things like this as being attempts at a coup or evidence of a "deep state," people who love Trump should probably be thankful for the people like Kelly and Tillerson who've learned to manage Trump's worst impulses. If he truly wants to do something that would be harmful for the country, he needs people to convince him why he shouldn't do it. And if he wants to do something that would be harmful for the longevity of his administration or his political prospects, Trump supporters should want cooler heads to win out.

3. One reason it's a bad thing for unelected people to subvert elected people's authority is that, if the unelected advisers and cabinet members are really wiser than the elected people, or if the elected people really do have harmful policies, the electorate ends up being insulated from just how unwise or bad the elected people are. Many of the people who've resigned from the Trump administration have talked about how chaotic things are, and how many things they have to keep Trump from doing that will either hurt his presidency, hurt the country, or both. But what if instead of pushing back, or instead of subverting authority, they just went ahead and let people get what they voted for good and hard?

Finally, I'll just say that I think this all comes from the fact that, being as charitable as possible, Trump doesn't know or care about the norms of American politics. Some people will interpret that as a good thing, since they think American politics is totally corrupt. Others will interpret not caring about the rules as another kind of corruption- cynical, reactionary corruption. But can't we just see it as the sort of shambling administration that it is, rather than taking every goofy thing Trump says and does so seriously? Can't we see it as a good thing that he's got people around him with a better understanding of policy and political administration?

I suppose one problem with thinking that way is that Trump seems to see everybody who disagrees with him as an enemy. Haley has disagreed with Trump in the past, so maybe she's learned to portray her disagreements in a more flattering way.

Nov 11, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to 1. And you say there is no deep state ]

Yes, it's definitely more likely there's this huge, sinister Deep State instead of our President being an incompetent imbecile.

How exactly is Rex Tillerson part of the "deep state"?***

Nov 11, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to 1. And you say there is no deep state ]

Nov 12, 2019, 2:25 PM [ in reply to 1. And you say there is no deep state ]

xtiger said:

2. It show they are really ######### as his policies are doing #### well.

Deep state??? Rex Tillerson was the CEO of Exxon before he was Sec.of State. John Kelly was a retired Marine Corps General.

I thought the 'deep state' were supposed to be hold-over bureaucrats from the Obama Admin.??

The new line is there is a deep state and it's a good thing.***

Nov 13, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to 1. And you say there is no deep state ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting that John Kelly said Trump would be impeached

Nov 11, 2019, 8:23 AM

if he hired “yes” men. Can that be interpreted as saying that Trump left to his own accord would do things that warranted impeachment _ or meet the rather vague definition of high crimes and misdemeanors?

Also interesting on this Veteran’s Day is that accomplished military leaders such as Kelly, Mattis, Coates and MacMaster have left the administration. Why?

BTW John Kelly pleaded “guilty as charged” regarding providing good advice to the POTUS.

John Kelly is saying that Trump is corrupt and, without

Nov 11, 2019, 11:11 AM

anybody to check his impulses, he WILL break the law.

Of course, EVERYBODY already knew that before he got elected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's saying Trump has no idea what he's doing***

Nov 11, 2019, 3:34 PM

Which is true, so...***

Nov 12, 2019, 7:05 PM

"I'm running for POTUS in 2024."

Nov 11, 2019, 10:35 AM

And APM'd prolly vote for her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "I'm running for POTUS in 2024."

Nov 11, 2019, 10:39 AM

I will probably vote for her too.

You're ignoring that half of America elected Trump to do...

Nov 11, 2019, 3:11 PM

exactly what he's doing. What world are you from to think it's OK to undermine 60 million voters?

Re: You're ignoring that half of America elected Trump to do...

Nov 11, 2019, 4:35 PM

Superb straw man.

It doesn't matter how many people vote for someone. If he or she is putting America in danger after that, I would hope there are some adults in the room to prevent it from happening.

People don't go to the voting booth and say, "Duh herp... I'm voting for a guy to put our nation in danger!" If you can't see how what he promised to do during the campaign and what he does now are mutually exclusive, well, I don't know how to help you see it.

What danger are we in today that we weren't in the same

Nov 11, 2019, 6:03 PM

danger 5 years ago?

Re: What danger are we in today that we weren't in the same

Nov 12, 2019, 8:06 AM

A fair question. Or we can go back even further to 15 years ago. Bush, then Obama, strengthened the autonomy of the executive branch and America sat back and let it happen while we played partisan bickering. Conservatives were okay with Bush (actually, Cheney) seizing more power, and then liberals were fine with Obama doing the same.

Now we've got this monster in office reaping the benefits and we're learning the consequences of ceding too much power to the White House.

Is there eminent danger we are in, or not?

Nov 12, 2019, 9:06 AM

This is the thing--even before Trump went in to office and after he was elected, this is what I've heard daily. It's a constant, never ending barrage of FUD. I seriously was thinking of coming in here today to ask what new, horrendous thing Trump has done overnight that is going to end all our lives. Again.

But what, really, has happened? How is our country any different today (aside from being $2 Trillion more in debt), than it was when Obama was in office and the world was perfect?

Re: Is there eminent danger we are in, or not?

Nov 12, 2019, 9:15 AM

I don't think any of us know the answer to those questions. But if a man like John Kelly, when he's in that position, tells us we're in danger, I'm inclined to believe him.

Y'all keep dismissing the opinions and positions of experienced people on the inside--people who have lived their lives as conservative Republicans, no less--yet continue to put blind faith in this reality TV star with no experience. Why is that? Because you still think he's given you a good economy?

Y'all who?

Nov 12, 2019, 9:35 AM

"Y'all" seem to think the world is going to end every day due to something Trump is doing. I just want to know what he's done thats going to cause that.

Re: Y'all who?

Nov 12, 2019, 10:33 AM

Y'all meaning Trump supporters, to which you have made it clear you are one.

The world is ending! The world is ending!

Nov 12, 2019, 10:54 AM

~liberals in PnR, everyday, because Trump.

Re: The world is ending! The world is ending!

Nov 12, 2019, 11:04 AM

Oh. You still think Trump supporters are conservative, that he's a conservative, and that anyone who opposes him is "liberal".

Okay.

That's a pretty big leap of comprehension to gather

Nov 12, 2019, 11:13 AM

from what I actually typed.

The actual words I said were that you, and other liberals like you, come on here every day and tell us how much danger we are in.

To add to that, you can't seem to tell me exactly *what* danger that is, but that we are in danger. Of something.

Re: That's a pretty big leap of comprehension to gather

Nov 12, 2019, 2:58 PM

But that's the crux of your problem. One, that you think I'm liberal. Two, that you think anyone who opposes Trump is a liberal. Is Cam a liberal? Is Flow a liberal?

That's the other problem. You think you're a conservative. You're not. But you definitely adore Trump.

the crux of the problem is that you assume much, but know

Nov 12, 2019, 3:25 PM

little. You don't know what I, nor anyone thinks. How could you?

I never said, nor do I think, everyone that opposes Trump is a liberal. I said you are, and the people who come on here and bash him every. dammm. day. are liberals. Are they not? Felix? Chuckston? T-Blam? You?

You say you aren't a liberal, but you certainly seem to espouse many liberal ideals.

And I'm much more libertarian than conservative. I am pretty conservative financially. But I don't adore Trump; I only defend against the daily bullchit that I read on here because I can't take it being flung around like fact and not saying anything about it. You know...completely normal stuff like "Trump is a Russian asset!" or "Trump is going to throw a coup!" or "I TOLD YOU SO!". As well as T-blam's and Chuckston's daily does of made up facts and nonsense.

But all that really has nothing to do with Trump; it's just calling people out on their bullchit that they proudly say like they actually know something, like they are some behind the scenes insider, but never admit when they are proven wrong, typically by a 5 second google search.

Today's version? I'm still waiting for you to say what imminent danger we are in because of Trump...but you can't name anything. Why? Because you make up that crap, and say it like its some unquestionable fact, and then double down on the BS you originally said as its some proof..then move on and pretend to forget when its brought back up again. I've noticed this as a pattern not with just me, but recently as well with something you and Obed were discussing.

Re: the crux of the problem is that you assume much, but know

Nov 12, 2019, 5:06 PM

And in this post, you made yourself a fool, although likely we have many similar ideologies.

You say this:

You don't know what I, nor anyone thinks. How could you?

Then say this:

I said you are, and the people who come on here and bash him every. dammm. day. are liberals. Are they not? Felix? Chuckston? T-Blam? You?

You say you aren't a liberal, but you certainly seem to espouse many liberal ideals.

Completely doing what you accuse me of doing. Foolish.

You know many liberals who are...

-Fiscally conservative (BTW, you're NOT if you support Trump and his increased spending)?
-Pro gun (I own a few)?
-Prefer laissez faire economics (again, against Trump)?
-Adhere strictly to the Bill of Rights?
-Opposes the socialist policies suggested by most Democratic candidates?

Didn't think so. Hell, I'm probably more conservative than you are. I've voted for my Republican candidates far more than I've voted for Dems, and that includes presidents and senators.

You defend everything Trump does. Not once--not one time--have you criticized anything he's done. I've even applauded him on some things he's done. But you can't muster any criticism at all. I know what that means.

But go ahead. Specifically tell me what ideology I embrace that makes me a liberal. All you have is your Trump love. Again, you equate opposition to Trump as liberalism.

You completely lost me with

Nov 12, 2019, 5:30 PM

"Completely doing what you accuse me of doing. Foolish."

What is it that you say I did, that I say you did?

I never professed to know what you think. I don't do that with anyone. On the contrary; I'll profess to never knowing or understanding what anyone thinks, or why they do anything.

You're just...wrong. T-Blam, Chuckston and Felix often make up things to prove their point..and you are here as well. Would you call them liberals? You continue to invent or make up stories almost weekly that typically start with "MARK MY WORDS.." Or BOOKMARK THIS POST", or my favorite "I TOLD EVERYONE SO!"

So if what you say in your quote you believe and you really do, maybe you aren't a liberal. Maybe you're just self important, grandiose, and often wrong. It's easy to conflate what you and the other liberals who say the same things, do the same things, and agree with hating Trump.

I've said often that Trump needs to back off the twitter machine and stop talking. I've called him a known liar, almost weekly. And I don't agree with his spending; I just stopped complaining about it as much because it was pointless. I stopped that with Obama. But because I've never called Trump a Nazi (yes, you have), or a fascist ( you do that regularly) doesn't mean I'm pro Trump. But I am glad he's he's in office over Hillary. We would be in a full scale recession had she entered the office. And I'm satisfied with his actions in office that haven't gotten us in a war, and his economic policies have contributed to a good economy. That, by no means, gives me "trump love".

So once again..you profess to know what I think..but you don't.

Re: You completely lost me with

Nov 12, 2019, 6:01 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot you always have to play "last word".

I never professed to know what you think. I don't do that with anyone.

But you did. You claim I embraced liberal ideology. Presumptuous and wrong.

You're just...wrong. T-Blam, Chuckston and Felix often make up things to prove their point..and you are here as well. Would you call them liberals?

If someone here says the same thing as a person who is liberal, they must also be a liberal! Logic!

Please, by all means, tell me what I've made up.

And I don't use the phrase "mark my words". But I'll gladly say I told you so. A lot of those are comin'.

For your last sputtering paragraph:
-You've called him a liar but say it's okay that he's a liar because, well, economy? Ok. The Twitter criticism is weak. That's an easy one. You don't criticize on real substance.
-You should care about the spending, but once again, free pass for Trump.
-I have indeed called him a fascist. Didn't call him a Nazi. Those two aren't always hand in hand. Again, logic.
-You nor I have no idea what would happen with Hillary in office, except the fact that we'd still have a GOP House. Would that put us in a recession.
-What you don't grasp is you give him a free pass due to the lack of war (which even I applaud) and the economy, which he didn't even create. That's absurd.

The only one making baseless assumptions and made-up statements here is you, buddy.

I'm not the only playing that "last word" game.

Nov 12, 2019, 8:03 PM

I'll go as long as you do.

>>But you did. You claim I embraced liberal ideology. Presumptuous and wrong.

I only know what you espouse here. I have no idea what your actual thoughts are. Maybe you just make this #### as you go along. I have no idea.

>>If someone here says the same thing as a person who is liberal, they must also be a liberal! Logic!

Well...yeah. That kinda goes hand in hand, doesn't it?

>>Please, by all means, tell me what I've made up

Well, there's the whole Russian asset thing, the Trump throwing a coup thing, and then when Trump said someone was throwing a coup, YOU said "I TOLD YOU SO". We've been through this, I c/p your posts, showed you how you DIDN'T say that, and then conveniently..you ignored it, like you did with Obed this week. Typical. You often state your opinions as fact, which is pretty much the same as making #### up. I'm not going back to search through you posts for proof because..I'm just not. but when you do it again, and I'm sure you will (probably this week), I'll notate it for you. Deal?

>>And I don't use the phrase "mark my words". But I'll gladly say I told you so. A lot of those are comin'.

From what? When we find out Trump is a Russian asset?

>>-You've called him a liar but say it's okay that he's a liar because, well, economy? Ok. The Twitter criticism is weak. That's an easy one. You don't criticize on real substance.

Oh..so I do criticize him, just not enough for you. Got it. I'll consult you next time to see if my criticisms of him are enough or not. (eyeroll)

>>You should care about the spending, but once again, free pass for Trump.

There are people in PnR here telling me the debt doesn't matter. Like...today. I'm not sure what the point is standing on rooftops yelling about spending (that I also stopped doing with Obama) when there is that line of thinking alive in here.

>I have indeed called him a fascist. Didn't call him a Nazi. Those two aren't always hand in hand. Again, logic.

Yeah, you have called him a Nazi. Several times. So many times that even you yourself said you should lighten up on that line of "logic". I'm sure you will conveniently forget that though, right?

>>You nor I have no idea what would happen with Hillary in office, except the fact that we'd still have a GOP House. Would that put us in a recession.

Well, it's doubtful there would have been any tax breaks, or reductions in business regulations or useless red tape...but that kinda stuff certainly couldn't help business grow and hire employees, could it. No way Trump should get credit for that. (more eyeroll)

Okay, man.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:44 PM

Have your last word. And (eyerolls).

Tariffs hurting our economy, poor trade deals with other countries,

Nov 12, 2019, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Is there eminent danger we are in, or not? ]

if you’re a republican who wanted a wall you should be pissed because he could have had $25B but made a bad deal and got $1.8. No infrastructure bill, strained relationships with other countries. But hey, unemployment right?!

Tariiffs that hurt our economy are probably the only one

Nov 12, 2019, 8:07 PM

that's quantifiable. I'm not a fan of it just from what Clemson taught me. I think the long term affects of the tariffs, and if they cause long term damage, are yet to be seen.

But yeah..unemployment. I'm getting old. I'm glad to have a job as long as I can stay employed. When the economy takes a dump again, I probably won't be that lucky. They can the old guys first.

Congress has shirked its duty for at least five decades...

Nov 12, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: What danger are we in today that we weren't in the same ]

by giving power to the president so they could continue to hold their seats. All of a sudden you're making this about Trump? Sonofa...

Trump is exactly who America elected.

What kind of hyperbole is 'putting america in danger?'***

Nov 12, 2019, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: You're ignoring that half of America elected Trump to do... ]

History will look at this as a stupid era

Nov 11, 2019, 4:31 PM

But not really all that dangerous. I just hope we don't get any stupider just to show "the other side" how stupid things can really get.

Re: History will look at this as a stupid era

Nov 11, 2019, 4:37 PM

I hope you're right. On the first part, that is.

On the latter, I'm pretty confident we're about to see an extreme swing in the other direction come 2020. We gotta get this fool out of office, but yeah, it could be opening the door to further problems on the other side.

You're figuring Trump is...what?

Nov 12, 2019, 4:17 PM

Please participate in choosing how the nation will change directions in 2020.

SO?    [Results]

Trump will be removed from office.
Trump will lose the 2020 election.
Trump will die.
Trump will decide to quit.
Trump's gonna make Cat look really dumb for saying that.

Trump can't possibly be the worst President ever.

Nov 13, 2019, 10:40 AM

Jimmy Carter, Obama, Nixon, Hoover, and LBJ were all far worse.

Replies: 69
| visibility 1,573
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic