Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our coahes are excellent recruiters. They may have gone up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Our coahes are excellent recruiters. They may have gone up

Feb 3, 2013, 5:33 PM

against something this year that is hard to deal with. Nkemdiche, Jenkins, Robinson, Lawson all could not make themselves choose a non-SEC school. I hope this isn't the new normal, but I am actually surprised it hasn't come to this long before now. And the irony that this happens after 10 and 11 win seasons shows that it is a powerful hurdle.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Feb 3, 2013, 5:42 PM

The fact that you feel the need to do this tells me Clemson football recruiting is great !

Re: Tell 'em coot

Apr 1, 2013, 4:13 PM

I just want to know where they have gone up to?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell 'em coot

Apr 1, 2013, 4:42 PM

fwiw: I absolutely love CLEMSON and respect what they are trying to accomplish. I don't agree with how they do it, but I'm not the AD or the Admin.

That said - if I were a top recruit and UF, Bama or LSU came knocking, I would jump at the chance because of their programs. I would absolutely NOT go to most of the schools in the SEC though. So it has nothing to do with the SEC - it's the programs IMO. I'd go to OSU or Michigan if it weren't so dang cold. I think CLEMSON has way more to offer than most of the SEC schools - hence we recruit better than most of them.

^This is dumb.

Feb 3, 2013, 5:43 PM

We didn't lose players to the SEC conference. We lost some players because they're choosing to go to schools they wanted to go to. Nkemdiche wants to go to Ole Miss because his mama said so and his brother is there. Jenkins wants to go to UT because his dad went there. Lawson is going Auburn because his dad pushed him there. None of them are going to those schools because they're in the SEC. By the same token, we have signed and will continue to sign dozens of kids who could go to SEC schools if they wanted to. This year is no different than any other year. Your post is dumb.

Not a dumb post. We do get hammered based on our

Feb 3, 2013, 5:46 PM

conference affiliation.

Not the same thing. Rival recruiters trying to use

Feb 3, 2013, 5:50 PM

conference affiliation as a means to recruit against us is not the same as actually losing kids because they don't want to play in our conference. Kids want to play for winners, period. It was a dumb post.

Re: Not the same thing. Rival recruiters trying to use

Feb 3, 2013, 5:58 PM

How in the hell was it a dumb post? We absolutely lose recruits that want to play at Clemson because they fall for the allure of playing in the SEC. It happens every year and this year it has come to light more than ever.

Like who?***

Feb 3, 2013, 6:03 PM

Seems you got nothing but crickets on that one.***

Feb 4, 2013, 12:00 PM

are yall really that simpl to fall for that garbage??? good

Feb 4, 2013, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Not the same thing. Rival recruiters trying to use ]

GRIEF yall are dumb

We sign more than our share of recruits that pick us over

Mar 30, 2013, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Not the same thing. Rival recruiters trying to use ]

a SEC school. Stupid to think that Clemson or any other school is going to get the top 20-25 recruits(or SEC top 30-35) recruits on their board. Dumb also to think that a recruit that wants to go to Clemson signs with somebody else. How many recruits have you seen that says I wanted to go to Clemson but I signed with Georgia?????????????????

Re: Not a dumb post. We do get hammered based on our

Feb 3, 2013, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Not a dumb post. We do get hammered based on our ]

FSU seems to get a fair share of top 150 and is usually ranked in the top 10 in recruiting. ACC is not hurting them.

FSU probably benefits heavily from its location: Florida.

Feb 3, 2013, 7:17 PM

nm

Yes, we don't have that luxury***

Feb 4, 2013, 11:50 AM

Yeah and obviously it's keeping us from winning.

Feb 4, 2013, 11:59 AM

LOL. Keep trying, junior.

i don't think it happens as much as you think.

Feb 3, 2013, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Not a dumb post. We do get hammered based on our ]

the kids might say it, but, i think it is more of an excuse (an apology unspoken) than it is wanting to go somewhere other than clemson ( or any school outside the sec). i won't say that about all kids, but most want to go to a school, not a conf. disclaimer: this is just my opinion, not a fact.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have never gotten hammered...our class is better than

Feb 4, 2013, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Not a dumb post. We do get hammered based on our ]

most SEC schools, you sec homer

Yes we do, and to pretend that it isn't a factor, and that

Mar 30, 2013, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Not a dumb post. We do get hammered based on our ]

SEC schools don't use it with recruits, and that a lot of recruits aren't influenced by it, is just plain silly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Hopefully we will keep on getting "hammered". Just think

Mar 30, 2013, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Not a dumb post. We do get hammered based on our ]

of the stockpile of talent we would have if we weren"t getting "hammered". LOL!! Is not getting "hammered" mean you have to be top 5 in recruiting every year????

Re: Not a dumb post. We do get hammered based on our

Mar 31, 2013, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Not a dumb post. We do get hammered based on our ]

So Kentucky should be a top 10 team? Please take your SEC basis butt and go back to FGF

You are right on many accounts, but there still remains a

Feb 4, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to ^This is dumb. ]

bias. Mr. Lawson wants his son to go to an SEC school. He has already stated that. Also, the front page story on T-net with Blazevich asking about the SEC says it all as well. Many of these recruits are probably blinded by SEC propaganda. Some of our recruits are not, but we will see if there continues to be a bias based on the remaining uncommits on NSD. If it is really 50/50 between UGA and Clemson, we will just have to find out Adam's reasoning for choosing UGA, IF he does so. Sincerally hope that doesn't happen though...

I agree with you, but to be fair...

Mar 31, 2013, 1:14 AM [ in reply to ^This is dumb. ]

Lawson's dad was quoted a few times advocating the SEC which may have been one of the driving forces behind him urging his son to go there. Selfish move imo.

Re: Our coahes are excellent recruiters. They may have gone up

Feb 3, 2013, 5:43 PM

Although the SEC crap may be true these kids know that they can achieve their goals with hard work at Clemson the same as at any SEC school.

Feb 3, 2013, 5:54 PM

Jeez, sometimes I wonder if brains are connected to the fingers?
Nkemdiche is a family issue nothing to do with SEC. Jenkins finally got offered by his favorite team and not a family thing. Robinson stayed at home with instate team. May have been a family thing. Lawson stuck to his original commitment. which was always his first choice.
When a recruit we go after declines the offer, just where the hell do you think they will go? Guess what it has been that way since the 50's.
Surprise it goes both ways, too.
Stick your head back in the sand!

Exactly.***

Feb 3, 2013, 5:58 PM

Feb 3, 2013, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Our coahes are excellent recruiters. They may have gone up ]

I guess it is a good thing that RN decommitted from Clemson. Otherwise, ESPN would have nothing to talk about.

tell'em, bobbymc. i agree. ( i'm not 100% sure thats a good

Feb 3, 2013, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Our coahes are excellent recruiters. They may have gone up ]

thing,though), but i've got your back on this one.

TNet is beginning to sound

Feb 3, 2013, 7:21 PM

Like a post debate spin room in anticipation of Wednesday.

Should we be fortunate enough

Feb 3, 2013, 8:29 PM

To end up still getting:

Adams
Alexander
Crowder
Baker

We will at least be able to stave off the $EC crazy talk.....for another year!!

Dabo gets it done....so screw the $EC!!

You are funny...and pitiful***

Feb 4, 2013, 1:01 PM

Keep winning and it will take care of itself. Clemson's fine***

Feb 4, 2013, 1:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that or they offered too much money to turn down.***

Mar 30, 2013, 6:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2013, 7:14 PM

Please don't say anything about our conference or our coaches recruiting. It is a sore point with us.

Mar 30, 2013, 7:19 PM

We will kick 2 SEC teams ### this season maybe 3

This past recruitiing season has been no different than any

Mar 30, 2013, 8:15 PM

season since we joined the ACC in 1953.

We sign players who were recruited by SEC schools, and SEC schools sign some players who we recruited. This year was no different than ever.

Stop sensationalizing it.

Wow. I just responded to a post from Feb 3rd, and I said

Mar 30, 2013, 8:19 PM

pretty much the same thing. Weird.

here's a breakdown of 2013.

Mar 30, 2013, 8:36 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/2/11/3976050/college-football-recruiting-2013-sec-conferences

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: here's a breakdown of 2013.

Mar 30, 2013, 8:49 PM

I have seen players say they wanted to play in the SEC but I can't recall any of them say specifically that they wanted to play in the ACC. There is a point to the post.

You're fogetting one thing cockstripes......Players want to

Apr 1, 2013, 2:14 PM

play for CLEMSON. We don't to ride the coattails of our conference like you. Players choose CLEMSON, not a conference.

Shot down again cockstripes. Why do you even try?

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic